The Shenmue Tree, symbolism, and it's role

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby CT » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:23 pm

Peter wrote:
rome wrote: i believe their will be a scene in S3 with the Shenmue tree.

A common belief, especially with Shen Hua's comments about the tree having "powers" and the feeling of Security she gets from it. Just as Ryo feels from his Cherry Blossom tree in the Hazuki residence.

Perhaps something might be buried at the tree, just like the dragon mirror was, under the cherry blossom tree

youve got a good point peter, like rome said a lot of secrets will be revealed at the end of SIII but some will be left unrevealed :?
CT
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby CitizenDecay » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:09 pm

The Buddha supposedly reached enlightenment under a tree. I believe that this is journey to enlightenment for Ryo. (Not to mention the fact that this game takes place through seven chapters)
CitizenDecay
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ibmman85 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:46 am

And its possible the fire Shenhua mentions burned the old house, and all the other trees down, except the Shenmue tree (explaining the stump, it didnt look as if it were cut, cant remember though). And since Shenhuas old house was made of wood, that would explain why they use stone for houses now, even though Shenhua's house IS wood...

And another slight possiblilty is Shenhua used to live on the other side of town, and she was under a different tree, because Shenhua mentioned there are "old buildings and castle walls" in the village.

burning? castle walls? did i miss something? I just finished the game but I keep feeling like i missed a few things somehow since I dont remember either of those things.. I played the european version so it was japanese audio with subtitles
ibmman85
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Daemos » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:13 pm

CitizenDecay wrote:(Not to mention the fact that this game takes place through seven chapters)

No, 16 chapters. Chapter 2 of the story (aboard the Genpu Maru) isn't part of the game, so there's a total of 15.

Shenmue covered chapter 1 (Yokosuka) while Shenmue II covered chapters 3 (Hong Kong), 4 (Kowloon), and 5 (Guilin). So basically, 10 chapters left.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby CitizenDecay » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:15 am

Yeah, I kind of found that out...but didn't that change a lot and was originally supposed to be seven?
CitizenDecay
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby threeblades » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:29 pm

Actually Shenmue 2 goes up to chapter 6
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dbzruler88 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:09 am

I really cant wait anymore until shenmue 3. i am going crazy...plus if there is no shenmue 3, how would The Gang finish their series?
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby _heartilly_ » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:52 pm

If there was no Shenmue 3 I would scream. I love the series and if it ended unfinished, that would be terrible... I can't wait to sort out my Dreamcast so I can play Shenmue 2 again. I've only played it once (when it first came out) and I can hardly remember any of it cuz I wasn't concentrating that much through some bits. *L*.
_heartilly_
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Gamer2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:31 pm

to me i think Ryo was born under the Tree and the Sha-hua is his half sister (same mother Differnt Father) that is why he is able to see her in his dreams, and can feel a life presence from the tree

Ryo wrote:I feel like if known that tree for a long time
Gamer2
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: SHENMUE Tree !

Postby Visual Memory » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:50 am

Ric wrote:I've discovered

SHEN is the the SPIRIT of the HEART and not only the MIND ... remember 3 in 1 !

Have you ever seen the Chinese characters for Shenmue? They can be seen on the Shenmue OST, in the movie, or in your vmu's display when playing the japanese version of S1.

The first character's called "Sha". It stands for "desert" or "sand". The Second character is "mu" which stands for "tree". I don't know why Yu named his work "desert tree" however.

You were right in one point: The character "hua(r)" (as seen on Shenmue OST) stands for "flower".
Visual Memory
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III