Who is Ryo's best friend....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby B-Man » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:19 pm

Miles Prower wrote:I'd say Naoyuki and Ichiro are his best friends outside of his quest, if you get what I mean.

Yeah, it kind of bothers me that he didn't mention them to Shenhua at the crag. I mean, I understand why they did that. Because they weren't that important to the game. All of the friends he mentioned were fairly important characters in Shenmue I. If he mentioned Naoyuki and Ichiro, people who didn't pay that much attention to Shenmue I, or just watched the movie or something, wouldn't even know who they are.

But that's still no excuse. I mean, she's asking him about his friends from school and only one of the people he mentions is actually from school (and two of them are people he just recently met). It would have been much more continuous and proper if there was a "Naoyuki and Ichiro" choice. Because, like you said, they definitely do seem to be his best friends outside of his quest. I mean, he's known Ichiro since he was three years old or younger, and they've both known Naoyuki since second grade.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby rome » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:46 pm

We get what you mean Miles.....and i agree.....
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby GP 68-99-08 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:42 pm

ichiro - his coat is yellow, y'all know 8)
GP 68-99-08
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Glen6899
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby Shenmue Master » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:27 pm

Hey, remember in the flashback where Iwao was lecturing Ryo about when he fought his friend. Who do you think that was?
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Juanfran » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:21 am

Maybe Enoki lol
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Silas » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:24 am

Shenmue Master wrote:Hey, remember in the flashback where Iwao was lecturing Ryo about when he fought his friend. Who do you think that was?
Er, no not remotely!? Have I missed something or am I suffering from some kind of stroke?
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Juanfran » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:47 am

It's the flashback that occurs when you focus on the big sign in the dojo or something, can't remember exactly how to trigger it, long time since I played and Mammoth still has my copy.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spoonfan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:52 am

You have to do it on the first day, like the food flashback in the kitchen.
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby B-Man » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:55 pm

You trigger it by locking onto the "The Eight Principles of Yin and Yang" sign in the dojo.

I figure that it was most likely Naoyuki or Ichiro. He says it was his friend, so I doubt it was Enoki or any bully like that.

It is probably the same fight that is mentioned in young Ryo's official profile. Young Ryo's profile states "He experienced his first feelings of love for a girl during this time, but when a friend of his teased him about it, Ryo started a fight with him. Since then, he has shied away from any involvement with girls." I think it's safe to assume that the fight from the flashback is the same one from the profile (though it still doesn't say which friend).
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Its hard to say who Ryos best friend would be.We havnt seen much of his past and with his fathers death, id say he hasnt got time to do anything at all like that. Personally, i dont hink he would like to have someboy that close to him. Ryo is supposed to be a VERY shy guy, and having no true friends emphasises his point.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby white lotus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:51 pm

Ren
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby rome » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:03 pm

Well, lets say none of the bad happened....before all this happened, say when he was 17......id say Ichiro, or Nozomi.....
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:28 pm

From what ive seen,the only person Ryo has opened up to and talked to is Shen Hua, so thatd be my pick
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Silas » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:14 am

B-Man wrote:It is probably the same fight that is mentioned in young Ryo's official profile. Young Ryo's profile states "He experienced his first feelings of love for a girl during this time, but when a friend of his teased him about it, Ryo started a fight with him. Since then, he has shied away from any involvement with girls."
That goddam S.O.B.! He turned Ryo gay!

JUST KIDDING!!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:11 pm

I dunno maybe there are question marks over his sexuality. like he knocked Nozomi back, and im telling ya, if it were me that tarten skirt would have been off her in a jiffy!! (i chuckle as i remember the deliberate camera angles of Ryo and Nozomi on the bike, so you could see up Nozomis skirt)

Oh then he blanks out joy, whos flirting with him. Come on!! Did you see the way shes bent over that bike!! Shes born in that position, so put it to good use Ryo my son!!!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III