E3 games list.....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:04 am

Nolove17 wrote:Hey i was looking and i want to know how he got shenmue 3 on his list look http://pub36.ezboard.com/fpsouniversefr ... D=21.topic

did you notic the topic name for that thread is for 2004 and then in the actual post its for 2003?
thats old...its from 2003. it even has old games that are out already... :roll:
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Nolove17 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:16 am

I say its Shenmue3 at E3
Nolove17
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:18 am

Nolove17 wrote:I say its Shenmue3 at E3

thats from last year ,we all saw that and it gave our hopes up cause it never came.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Nolove17 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:24 am

No im not talking about that im talking about what the E3 are saying i think they going to make it fair and make it shenmue 3 they got VF in that list for the playstiton2 I Say is Shenmue 3
Nolove17
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Nolove17 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:44 am

Yo u see the list and look at this http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/v ... index.html
thats why i say its shenmue 3 yu suzuki only made shenmue and virtua figter as what i see it is shenmue virtua figter is in the list the only game thats not from yu suzuki is shenmue 3 :D
Nolove17
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:01 am

yup
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Silas » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 am

He made VF and Shenmue, yes. But as he is starting a new studio, you might consider that he would not want to start a studio only with an existing franchise.

We all love Yu Suzuki, and if it wasn't for the fact that we were waiting for Shenmue III, would we really be urging him on to revisit old glories?

I've tried not to stick my oar into these E3 debates this year (having had some very bloody battles in the past!) but the reason I'm not particularly expecting Shenmue III from Digital Rex this year is that, as a new company, they'll want to dazzle us with something new, something to make DR a notable brand. My view is that the continuation of Shenmue is something that a sensible new company would keep back until they've really got their feet wet in the marketplace. I'm sure, also, that Yu-san has been more keen on flexing his creative muscles as head of this new studio, which is not something he can really do with Shenmue - since he already finished the script, like, three years ago! If you look at the downside of Shenmue II - that minigame-style elements of the storyline part of the game had very poor gameplay and little in the way of challenge - the crate carrying, the wude quest - it could be argued that Suzuki got so wrapped up in creating the fiction of it, that he got too close and forgot his real genius, which is for creating playable challenging games.

Frankly, Shenmue, highly regarded as it is by the game media, was a failure. Despite this, he still retains a huge amount of respect in the industry and of course within SEGA itself. I think he'd be primarily concerned with putting his stamp back on the industry with something new and kickass and original - something YU SUZUKI. When he's done that, when he's created something fantastic and big selling, when he's put himself back as the king of video games, then he can produce the long-awaited third part of his greatest achievement, and everybody will be that much more interested.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby waser2 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:46 am

^^^^ that list is really old it looks like, as most of the games on there are out. that was probably made back in the day when shenmue III was confirmed
waser2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Xellos » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:18 pm

Silas wrote:He made VF and Shenmue, yes. But as he is starting a new studio, you might consider that he would not want to start a studio only with an existing franchise.

We all love Yu Suzuki, and if it wasn't for the fact that we were waiting for Shenmue III, would we really be urging him on to revisit old glories?

I've tried not to stick my oar into these E3 debates this year (having had some very bloody battles in the past!) but the reason I'm not particularly expecting Shenmue III from Digital Rex this year is that, as a new company, they'll want to dazzle us with something new, something to make DR a notable brand. My view is that the continuation of Shenmue is something that a sensible new company would keep back until they've really got their feet wet in the marketplace. I'm sure, also, that Yu-san has been more keen on flexing his creative muscles as head of this new studio, which is not something he can really do with Shenmue - since he already finished the script, like, three years ago! If you look at the downside of Shenmue II - that minigame-style elements of the storyline part of the game had very poor gameplay and little in the way of challenge - the crate carrying, the wude quest - it could be argued that Suzuki got so wrapped up in creating the fiction of it, that he got too close and forgot his real genius, which is for creating playable challenging games.

Frankly, Shenmue, highly regarded as it is by the game media, was a failure. Despite this, he still retains a huge amount of respect in the industry and of course within SEGA itself. I think he'd be primarily concerned with putting his stamp back on the industry with something new and kickass and original - something YU SUZUKI. When he's done that, when he's created something fantastic and big selling, when he's put himself back as the king of video games, then he can produce the long-awaited third part of his greatest achievement, and everybody will be that much more interested.
Xellos
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:23 pm

well said silas. Digitalrex is 7 months old. with the mixed reaction to the Shenmue series, would it be wise to start their video gaming careers with a gamble?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Xellos » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Who knows, theres all differnt things that coulda happen. Maybe Yu Suzuki, wanted to take a risk. Wanted to recreate shenmue, the way he wanted it. With the story/art already done. He could be focosing on the art/creative aspect of Shenmue. How well it looks, the culture. The sceneries. Who knows. For all we knows, hes gonna release a new fighting game. Or A complety re-done shenmue. A game, that will include all the chapters, even the missing chapters, and everything they took out.

And a complety done Shenmue, brand new. From Chapter 1, will be a big start for Digital Rex. With people out there not knowing what Shenmue is, if they re release in a form that you can play it straight through. And Advertise right, it can bring home sega alot of proffit.
Xellos

Postby Xellos » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:00 pm

Theres only one problem. What system ? I do not think Shenmue will be released on XBOX for the factor of how many people like XBOX in Japan. So to be honest, I highly doubt the new game will be shenmue.
Xellos

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Ice Cream Man wrote:Ok, I already know what's gonna happen. We are all gonna get our hopes up and when e3 rolls around they reveal...

Sega's Supa Dupa Wine Tasta!!!!

I just know its gonna happen.

Haha, yeah. Yu Suzuki was saying a couple of years ago that he's always wanted to make a wine-tasting game, so I really hope that's not it.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby SpikyAd » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:37 pm

Shenmue 3 will be on xbox, because it's powerful. I always remember the coment, 'Please look forward to Shenmue games on the xbox!'.
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Well i dont know about the platform debate because one minute i say Xbox only, andthe other i think multi platform. To keep my point short, i dont care what console Shenmue 3 appeared on,i buy it. Im not big on the whole console wars idea, i just want brilliant games that i enjoy.
Its a good point about the Japanese not having much of a fondness for Bill Gates first console outing, but this was known by Sega and AM2 when they made the decision to port the sequel onto the Green Machine. For them the Xbox was the easiest to work with (by a country mile in the end i believe) and the best machiene that could make Shenmue shine in all its glory. One thing however is if you look at that list of E3 possibilities, this 'speil von Digitalrex (yu suzuki) did not have a platform or game type given. From this i took two points:

Firstly if this is to be Shenmue 3, then the game type, say RPG of even F.R.E.E. for that matter has not been shown because Shenmue is being kept SUCH a surprise by Digitalrex, and if either of these two had been given as a game type, then surely speculation would be at an all time high that this game would be indeed Shenmue 3.
Secondly, i, myself, would not rule out the chance of a multi-platform for Shenmues future (if it has one). Put it this way , if you see Shenmue 3 being Xbox exclusive, then i think we can safely say that this will be the last installment of the series,making it a trilogy (which i wouldnt mind to be honest). But if it goes multi platform to attract a wider audience then look forward to a plethra of Shenmue titles in the future.[/quote]
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III