I say its Shenmue 3 at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

I say its Shenmue 3 at E3

Postby Nolove17 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:05 am

Ok this is what i say i say that its shenmue 3 look at this http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/v ... index.html
thats a playstiton 2 game that come out this year in japan and look at this http://www.gfdata.de/gamefront-temp/e3preview2004.html
thats same game is in the list and from what i heard Yu Suzuki only made shenmue and VirtuaFighter and VirtuaFighter is in the list so the only game thats missing is shenmue 3 thats why i say is shenmue dont listen to the people thats saying that shenmue 3 is not come out i got some proof that it might come out. :D
Last edited by Nolove17 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nolove17
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Silas » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 am

Right at the top of that German page, you get a little colour code for each game.

BLACK: Development and E3 presentation were confirmed by the producer or are considered to be absolutly sure.

BLUE: E3 presentation unsure - the development of the game is very likely (e.g. Devil May Cry 3). Or it is already on the market in Japan (e.g. Hyper Street Fighter 2), but an E3 presentation has not been confirmed yet by the producer.

RED: Speculation, the development of the game is not confirmed and it is just a tip / a supposition of the editorial staff.

In other words, their list includes not only confirmed games, but supposed games and games they just speculate might appear. Shenmue isn't on the list even in red!
Last edited by Silas on Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Atlantean » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:40 am

I doubt that site.
Atlantean
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Lantean
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Steam Wallet Drain Game

Postby Nolove17 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:13 pm

SEGA
Titel System Genre
1 Spiel von Digital Rex (Yu Suzuki) ? ? This Has to Be Shenmue 3 Look<
2 Spiele von Amusement Vision Xbox ?
3D Ages Spiele PlayStation2 div.
Altered Beast (Wow Entertainment) PlayStation2 Action
Astro Boy (Sonic Team) PlayStation2 Action
Astro Boy: Omega Factor Game Boy Advance Action
Blood Will Tell PlayStation2 Action
ESPN NBA Basektball 2005 Xbox, PS2 Sport
ESPN NFL Football 2005 Xbox, PS2 Sport
ESPN NHL Hockey 2005 Xbox, PS2 Sport
Fish: Legend of 7 Waters & Gods (Sega Wow) PlayStation2 Sim.
Headhunter: Redemption Xbox, PS2 Action
Massively Multiplayer Online Spiel (angekündigt von Hisao Oguchi am 25.11.03) Xbox, PS2 Action
New Game -1- (angekündigt von Hideki Okamura 14.01.04) ? ?
New Game -2- (entsteht in Zusammenarbeit mit einem Hollywood Studio, bestätigt von Hideki Okamura 14.01.04) ? ?
New RPG (bestätigt von Segas Hideki Okamura in der Dorimaga 14.01.04) ? RPG
Out Run Xbox Racing
Planet Gun Smoke Trigun (Amuement Vision & Red) ? Action/Adv.
Puyo Puyo Fever Xbox, PS2, GC Puzzle
Sakura Taisen V - Episode 0 PS2 RPG
Sega Rally 3 (am 03.01.02 bestätigt vom damaligen Sega Chief Publicist Tadashi Takezaki). PlayStation2 Racing
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (THQ/Amusement Vision) GBA RPG
Sonic Advance 3 (THQ) Game Boy Advance Action
SpikeOut X-treme Xbox Fighting
Super Monkey Ball 3 GC Action
Virtua Fighter: Cyber Generation PS2, GC Action RPG- Virtua-Fighter is here.

Yu Suzuki Made those 2 Game Look For Your Self
Nolove17
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:36 pm

Anyway what were saying is, that this can or cannot be Shenmue 3. Digitalrex is a new company, branching off from Sega, led by Yu Suzuki and around 30 staff picked by himself to design new and exciting games for the future. Now all that stuffs on the Digitalrex website, but just because the title, whatever it may be, has Suzukis name on it, dosnt mean to say it could be Shenmue 3. Yu Sukuki has made over 10-15 games in under 15 years, and he has stated that he wants to be more creative in his work and with this new department he heads. Now its a possibility that yes Shenmue 3 is secretly under development, but again its a possibility that its not. Just give your opiniom man and dont get worked up over things that are said to you. Just give your opinions. \:D/
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:02 pm

Well, to be on topic, I really hope it's Shenmue III, but to be honest and a bit more realistic, I don't think it will be. It's just not of benefit for SEGA to release a sequel to two games that completely bombed and lost them a whole load of money. Not that it wouldn't be a quality game, but it just wouldn't make any profits for SEGA, in all honesty. I really hope I'm proven wrong, though, and I will be watching this sincerely.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:07 pm

Here here. I think that the idea of waiting a few years so Digitalrex can make its mark on the gaming world. You could see Digitalrex as holding the Shenmue licence as an insurance policy. If Digitalrex do well and get a fanbase then they could release a very anticipated final chapter of the Shenmue series and make it bigger than before. On the other hand, if the Digitalrex Studio does crap and is on the verge of being separated, then it go out in a blaze of glory, again by releasing the next installment of the world famous Shenmue series.

What you think?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:15 pm

I don't know if releasing another Shenmue game would be very beneficial for SEGA until, if ever, appreciation is shown throughout the world by mainstream gamers for the series. Shenmue is very unique, and some people just can't get into it. It would be nice if there was a way to mass reintroduce Shenmue to gamers.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:17 pm

Captain K Prime wrote:I don't know if releasing another Shenmue game would be very beneficial for SEGA until, if ever, appreciation is shown throughout the world by mainstream gamers for the series. Shenmue is very unique, and some people just can't get into it. It would be nice if there was a way to mass reintroduce Shenmue to gamers.

yes, definitly
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:26 pm

Maybe we should think of a way. Any ideas
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:30 pm

lots of commercials on TV....
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:34 pm

Yes how come i never seen a commercial for Shenmue on T.V. before, even in the Dreamcast days? Goldeneye on the N64 got LOADS of T.V. airtime. Its amazing what a well produced 30 second clip filled with action sequences a plenty from Shenmue could have done not only for game sales but also console sales, hint hint Microsoft
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spoonfan » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:39 am

The only Shenmue commercials I ever saw were ones I downloaded from the internet.
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue III