Hidden Tiger Swallow Style Information

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby kodama » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:33 am

LanDC wrote:Come to think of it. Baihu does use the Tiger Swallow Style. I don't think he's a leader, but he must be pretty high ranked in the Chiyoumen. Not only does he know that style, but the Chiyoumen members clearly call him "master".

If Baihu and Lan Di practice the same (or similar) styles then isn't it likely that Baihu is a student of Lan Di's? If that's so he would probably return to Lan Di after the defeat of the Yellow Head for further instruction, making the return of a more deadly Baihu possible for Shenmue III. Perhaps fighting Baihu in Shenmue II was just a preview.

This is just a wild theory and I don't really have much evidence for it except the similarity in styles, the possible importance of Baihu in the Chiyoumen society and the suggestion of his return by JeetKuneDo.
kodama
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Spokane » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:46 pm

kodama, welcome and that is a good theory i think.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Leon » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:09 pm

VGAce wrote:
Skillz wrote:where he hit iwao with the move was under his stomach basicly which was.... his heart if you thing of it if someone hits u below u stomach but under ur chest it spreads........... intrnal bleeding killed him my friends...

You can't die that quickly of internal bleeding. Lan Di most likely struck Iwao on his sternum, which is a very weak point of the skeletal system if enough pressure is applied. I imagine Iwao died of a collapsed lunge, as his breathing become somewhat erratic toward the end.

Knowing Yu Suzuki's fascination with Chinese martial arts, Lan Di probrably applied dim mak on Iwao. Dim Mak is the deadly 'touch of death' of Chinese Kung Fu, by striking certain pressure points, one could cause instant death. I think Xiu Ying did some Dim Mak on Ryo too! :)

Dim Mak doesnt really exist in real life. Or does it.. :shock:
http://martialarts.jameshom.com/library ... 33102a.htm
Leon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Skillz » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:21 pm

umm... the scroll is in shenmue 2x you just did not look hard enough.. if you go to his various scrolls. you see the ones xuiying gives him every time he completes a task, even when they were the special baji quan moves, like the elbow assualt and counter and the other one given thats like a punch but forward. in the mid section.

well if you looked at your moves scrolls all the special scrolls you got from them. is blue or some color, these are the baji moves she teaches him right? these are special scrolls now in there you should see "mysterious scroll" which is the same color as the other special scrolls it is the scroll you find.... in the dojo with the tiger on it, if you look at ti and press on it the scroll will appear it is in shenmue2x just this is not the time to mention the scroll it is possible the move is a baji move, but it is too important just to be some scroll like that, this does not rule its lanis move either its something special or else he would have found out about it ages ago or in part 2........ from her, but if she could read it i mean the petic form would they not have made her. she may be a baji master maybe she does not understand it.. or maybe its has nothing to do with it at all but it has sometihng to do with it you get me?

as you saw some hazuki style moves are baji moves... but remeber the hazuki style is 3 generations old starting with ryos grandpaps then going to his dad, then going to ryo. who is the third generation to learn the style and have the dojo passed down to him. maybe ryos granddad went to china and made the hazuki style off of baji moves.... and simple basic princle moves such as disipline, and normal shit.so then it goes to his dad, and then ryo. maybe his dad was not the first to go to china. the striking moves in hazuki style are similar to baji most of the important moves. unless his dad previously after he came back from china combined them in the style. if so why leave the special scroll a secret and not let ryo learn it then. its a dangerous or important move? maybe both? who knows? maybe baji can block and counter..... tiger swallow style but that move has tiger in it..... maybe th baji and tiger style are old styles... maybe ladi's moves has baji in thme because.... the style is comprised of special moves and such. it would explain tihngs.

even so i do not think and i have to rule out what the move is thought to be... reaosn being. the producers are not stupid not knowing someone like kiyuu would go to a site and find a baji move thats similar to that move in the scroll and uses the same poetic form...and make a guess that this is the move. maybe this is what they thought would happen maybe others in japan and other countries are guessing the same tihng there are billions of people int he world ya know? it ha something to do with it. it seems to easy to be this baji move, because it was not that hard to disvover if you tihnk on it.....thats what i think

ryos father knowing all these moves could have blocked that damn attack, knowing the cross charge he could have beat the hell out of the gaurds and had landi to tend with but he did not..... he was his Choice.he could have gotten away he did not.... or he could have beaten the hell out of him and got the dude arrest he did not there was areason why just need III to come to find out

bck to my theory.. i am not ruling out what kiyuu found but its true what i say, it might not be it they could have wanted it to be like this to hide what it was, or it could be an imprtant yet differnt baji move. seeing in that teeken vid there was no.... resemlblence to earth tremebling i saw. it could be a different move, or ladi's move or sometihg else. like i said i did not rule out nothing just my two cents on the matter.

note this the scroll in its poeatic translation can only be translated by a person who understands it. if it is a tiger swallow move. theres only two people so far who know the style.

1.landi (like he would go and show ryo a move.... )

2.Master Baihu-this rules there is a possibility that he will be still in the story..if you think about it. ryo and him built some trust, Master Baihu is the only one capable of showing ryo the scroll. since he is the only one who knows it besides landi. there a chance he can learn it from him and only him since the head leader, probably knows the style (tentei) this dude would also not tell ryo......... what it means. so this leaves Master baihu as having a possibility or being in shenmue III if it's a tiger swallow move of course. the other thoeries i cannot picture a person for ryo to go to. since i can tell xuiying cannot translate it they would have made her in shenmue II.[/b]

on a side note if xuiying and ziming know baji for the other theory a higher master could have taught them this. so ryo can got to this master.

on a side note in my other theory tiger swallow being comprised of baji moves....and stuff what not. i can come up with another scenario xuiyings master is Master Baihu. and ryo still has to learn it only from him since theres no other person duh.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:37 pm

Skillz wrote:as you saw some hazuki style moves are baji moves... but remeber the hazuki style is 3 generations old starting with ryos grandpaps then going to his dad, then going to ryo. who is the third generation to learn the style and have the dojo passed down to him.

Actually, I believe the Hazuki style is eight generations old. It was never mentioned in the game, but LanDC found a few hidden things in the game's files that suggest Iwao was the seventh generation of the Hazuki family. Whether previous generation's were schooled in the martial arts is unknown, but it's pretty safe to assume so given the Hazuki family's reputation.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Skillz » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:56 am

well seeing how it seems recently.. baji and china style moves basicly oriented moves were added to the style id say ryo's grandad went to china, and added some, at first the style, coud not have already had them it prbably was crap eight generations ago buy as generations went by it got adde din. i am just picturing it being added two generations before ryo was born..... which means i do not think his dad was the first to go to china.

besides if ldanc found it in the hidden files would not that had assumed they removed this form the game for a reaosn as in to say it doe snot exsit that this is eight generations still. same way they removed some of the dialog form the books in the room where you find yunda zhu? or just wanted to keep it under closed tounge. it has nothing to do with the generations i am just suggesting that the grandfather starting at his generation adde dsome chinese moves and stuff he learne don his travels. its's obvious the way they style is it is comprised of baji moves and others. who know ssome recent move smight be some ryo's dad learned from china or............ that his friend taught him........... zhuming zho
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Leon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:24 am

baji and china style moves basicly oriented moves were added to the style id say ryo's grandad went to china, and added some

Here's some description of elbow assault from Shenmue passport moves scroll:
"It seems that Ryo's father Iwao adopted this move from another martial art, but the details of this are unclear."
Definitely Baji! And it was Iwao who first went to China.

Also, one more thing. I don't think Iwao let Lan Di kill him. Remember, LanDi only revealed himself as the son of Zhao AFTER Iwao gave him the mirror. So before that, Iwao had no reason to get beaten other than the fact that he really is weaker than Lan Di.
Leon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Skillz » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:44 pm

No, i do not belive that, he found out who landi was when he gave him it and as i said before and n my large parigraph of theories. yeah leon i know it was his dad who first went to china but the style is 8 generations old so how do you know if he was the first? exactly. he probably was not the firs tto go to china but the firs tto impliment baji moves into his 7 generations old style at that time.

a soon as he knew who landi was he went to fight him. remeber he said remeber the man you killed.

so then he knew who he was.... and got his ass kicked right. it has shit to do with it he could have defended him self evne the homless guys who taught ryo the cross charge told him that. he had ryo show him a move and he said ah the ah the hazuki style. and he told ryo he wa sorr yfor what happened to his dad. he said his dad probably and most people know that defensive manuver he probably knew the move the blind guy taught ryo. exactly dude. \

it is not that iwoa let landi win it ha snothing to do with it. its's the fact that he did not defned him self he did not want to ill landi and left his body open.... so it is a coienciedence that he hid the mirros in differnet places if he had not known shit was going to happen? no. exactly.

he knew he was after the mirro when he aske dfor it and when landi revealed who he wa she knew who it was. he felt pity and sorrow and did not want to... kill lndi or try nothing. he did not stand there and left landi kill him. he did not defent him self or use is powerful shit.. want to know why? because.............................? one word

RYO WAS THERE. HE DID NOT WANT TO DOP SHIT INFORNT OF HIS SON. BECUASE MAYBE HE REALLY DID KILL ZHUMING ZHO. MAYBE HE DID NOT, BUT FELT GUILTY FOR THE DEATH. HE FELT SORROW. and could have gotten away. he could have used the cross charge, or had ryo try to handle the guards, but he quickly could have......... went and knocked out the gaurds........................ then face of with landi. think of it this way if ryo was not there it would have been different if ryo wa snot born he would have not cared and fucked all of thme up. he did not. he chose not to defend him self, basicly he choose not to use his true strength becuase of ryo right? mostly also becuase he felt sorrow for the revenge the asshat wanted. thats why. there no other reason. he could hve faught. ryo probably could hvae handlee the guards afterwards but shi happens..
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:24 am

I've heard of dying for your children, but your theory seems a little out there, Skillz. Why would Iwao choose death over defending himself? Do you really think he'd die just so Ryo wouldn't have to see his daddy kill? How is Ryo seeing his own father die better than seeing his father kill an attacker? The simple truth is that Iwao was getting old. Knowledge in the martial arts is useless if your body cannot keep up, and Iwao's body was old. He was no longer as fast as he was, both physically and mentally. And perhaps Lan Di's style of Tiger Swallow was simply a superior fighting style.
Some styles of martial arts are, how should I say...incompatible with each other. They don't flow well against each other, which often leads to one of the styles being superior to the other. Couple that with the fact that Lan Di is significantly younger than Iwao, and the outcome of the fight seems pretty obvious before it even began. I don't think he wanted to protect Ryo from seeing bloodshed. If that was the case, why did he train Ryo since childhood in the martial arts? A part of martial arts is defending yourself and others, and sometimes that inevitably leads to bloodshed. The disciplines taught in the martial arts are taught so as to prepare someone for such bloodshed.
Iwao lost because Lan Di was the superior fighter. Under different circumstances, Iwao may have won the fight. But at his age, in his position, the odds were stacked against him. I think one of the underlying goals in Shenmue is to ensure Ryo surpasses his father's prowess in the martial arts. By training with Chinese masters of varying styles, he's well on the way to doing so.
But the real reason why Iwao lost against Lan Di is simple: There wouldn't be a story to the game if he won.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Skillz » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:53 pm

if you read my above posts you can see what i said and i said i have lots of theories.... and this is one of them but the one i stick to sinc ei cannot be relaized as the old man said is that ryos dad could have defended himself and got away or knocke dout those guards completely, it i just that he did not want to show off any moves and definatley not to ryo basicly so he would not see the old man who was homless said that. iowa just did not want to have ryo see him in a different light than that he wa sin, it would shatter his image of him. do we know what happened in china? with him. maybe he wa sdoing what ryo wa sdoing but greater? right ok??????? maybe there was a reaosn for him going exatcly. but back to what i was saying. his dad knew more moves he could of defende himself, he did not want to show thme off reaosn being to show he was the bette rman and mostly it was so ryo could see him in his preserved image. not the way he could have shown him he was like. it is not a basis of story. or how it wa ssupposed ot b. iowa could have defende dhim self he did not it was not cuz of ryo , did u not hear i said i have more thn soone thoerie and i am sticking to this one. you cannot tell me what to think. hippocrite. plus i wa shaving a conversation with people who like to post thier theories hear as soon as i post in here you come me and thes people have alot in common we like to think. i looke din this thread and i see u neve rposte din it stop looking for trouble man and ge tout of it.

besisdes back to what i said, the homlessman showed ryo the move he foun out his dad could have defende him self but he did not. the homlessman told him why? which if you playe part one you would understand. then came this, he finds a scroll in his house and beside that fact, he finds out his father went to china and knew various moves. thus and thus. which really impacted ryo and what th homlessman said to him and it always will. the homlessman said what he said ryo goes to chin and finds out his dad knew all this crap which means he could have fought well agianst landi, it was the matte of showing who was the better man and he did not want to shattre rhis image of what ryo saw im as. And that was as his ROLE-MODEL vgace. thats why he did not fight or showoff the moves. i am pertaining it to the story and that he could have fought landi off but he did not. i am not saying he should no have died, it was a good thing that he died. there would be no opening theme.

but i looke dat it the same way then i go farther into part 1 and see his dad knew more moves and defenses but did not use them, which was stated by the homless man. and ryo still did not understand.

"yeah i used to be like that and say how look how this game starts his father gets his ass kicked for killing a chinese man back in the day ha ha ha"

then i find out........ he could have defende him self so i cam eup with reaosns why he did not. thne the homeless man tells ryo why. and it wa sbasicly what i just said vgace he did nt want to show off because he wa the bette man. i am not saying anything about the begining scene, only tha he did not fight to his potiential and did not want to fight back. and thus he die din the beginning i would not change the beginning for the world ok? the beginning starte dlike it should have but there wa sa mystery to how it started..........ok? even when i sai dur dad sucks ryo lol, i go farthe rinto the game and say holy shit he ould have defend him self so i got interste din it and thr homless man says why thne i get fathe rinto part 1 and thne i play part two for xbox and i feel more ease what the od homless man said was true he could have fought landi but he did not. he wanted to show who was the bette rman and keep his image as it was. for ryo's sake. and thats is what ryo failed ot notice evne though that old man told him that he took him till part two to undertsand the full meaning of those words.

nothing to do with the begining, but it does have todo with the story, he could have defend him self he did not, and that is that.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mike_sleva » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:08 pm

I'm pretty sure if Iwao could have defended himself, he would have. I mean, he clearly didn't want Lan Di getting his hands on the mirror, so if he could have defended himself and prevented Lan Di from getting the mirror, why wouldn't he? To prove he's the bigger man by dying? What does that even mean? Iwao even apologizes to Ryo for "leaving him alone" before he dies. He also left him the note saying he lived his life as a warrior, and that he was preparred to die for his convictions: as in, fight to the death; not that he would literally give up and die for his convictions. And the old homeless guy never tells Ryo that Iwao could have beaten Lan Di, especially not at his age.

On the subject at hand I thought Lan Di used a mysterious martial art that not even Master Chen knew about. It is possible that he knows Tiger Swallow style, but isn't that style primarily hand moves? As I recall Lan Di basically kicked Iwao to death with his hands behind his back, save the final blow. I mean, he really stuck it to Hazuki and for a style that Iwao himself must have been familiar with, he seemed very incapable of defending himself. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I don't have time to read this entire thread.
mike_sleva
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Skillz » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:38 pm

yes he told ryo his dad probably knew the move he was teaching him that all marial artist are taught in defense like that th eone he used. which means he could have when ryp goes to japan, he learns all thes emoves which his father already knew. i say it and i say it agian , his dad did not want to fight back in that way nor show off moves like the old man said his said its folish to show off move slike that. exactly his father did ot want ryo to see him in a different light that is that, could h have gottne away maybe maybe nt. could he have defended himself yes. did he? No. whatch wait till part three comes youll see. why i am saying what i am saying. he said he wa ssorry for leaving ur right. but <.< like he said he wa sprepared to die lie a warrior. i admit that its true i never said he died to let ryo live or not show off his moves, he die dlike a warrior, why? he did nt defend him self, or show his true poteintial the dud eheld back, but tats how the story goes and how it begins. ryo evne questioned why did his father no do no other moves to the homless guy if he knew so much stuff and thne he gave that lecture to ryo not to show off and shit. so who cares. there cna be more sides to a story. but still this is a game, in real life if someone cam eat my dad like that basicly if landi cmae at my dad like that, my brother who benches 350 would pick the jackas sup and throw him out the house thne me and my bros would pummel the shit out of the guards. nd call the cops with this game its too gmish to think like that. i am not trying to compare this to real life i just made a stament.

i still say m main theory is he did nt want to defend him self, and it had to do with the lecture the old man gave ryo in the harbor. basicly i say it he coud have done a move like the cross charge to knock out the guards so it would be only landi there, nd it would be less enticing, but he did not want to show ryo stuff, basicly the lessons he taught him it is self defense to attack he could have attacked. martial arts cna be use din self defense his dad could have attacked but he did not. he just did not want to show ryo the stuff, and moves he really could hav performed. he wanted him to see him as a role model. siple if he did attack and beat the hell out of landi if landi said , he killed hi dad, ryo would be like u kile dsome one and trust shatter....ed.. so h idd nt do shit to preserve what ryo thought about him its simple......

i do not care , h could have defende him self he could have knocke ddown those gaurds using all his deadly moves. including the stab armor if you read the description that move is a powerful move i tihnk it is ti chi also, if he were maste rin that and hit those gaurds with it or a regular elbow assult hed have landi to worry about. why i say this is cuz ryo's dad is skille din the arts i bet when ryo was not ther eor at scoll hed practice, all thos emoves he would not show him including baji style moves. he wa swell experienced does not matte rin real life mostof the time u meet a experienc emaster 2X ur age or more ull get ur ass whooped i bet mr.miagi can beat up people still. he wa smore experienced, he did notlet thing have his revenge he wa sjust showing who was the bette rman as in he did not want to fight thme so he did not use te deadly moves and thus because ryo was there and he did not want to tranish his image of him. but he very well could have.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TailsAndy89 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:55 pm

wait... i thought tiger swallow was Zhao Sun Ming's style. that does not mean tht Lan Di's is.
TailsAndy89
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Skillz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:21 am

his son yea he is.....indeed..
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:54 am

TailsAndy89 wrote:wait... i thought tiger swallow was Zhao Sun Ming's style. that does not mean tht Lan Di's is.

Zhao Sun Ming was supposedly Lan Di's father, and part of a long line of ancestry that teaches Tiger Swallow. It's only common sense that Lan Di would be next in that line, and that he was taught by his father. This also proves that Zhao Sun Ming must have been killed fairly recently, as in the last 10-15 years, or else Lan Di wouldn't have been able to fully master the style without his father's guidance (he's only 30-something).
However, I don't think Lan Di was there to witness his father's death, as others speculate. I believe there were other witnesses to the battle. Witnesses that most likely skewed to Zhao's side of things, and told Lan Di of his father's death in the most glorifying manner in respect to his father. This would pin Iwao, presuming he killed him, as the "bad" guy, and thus initiate a vow to kill under the guise of avenging Zhao's death. Much in the same way as Ryo's story.

Skillz wrote:if you read my above posts you can see what i said and i said i have lots of theories.... and this is one of them but the one i stick to sinc ei cannot be relaized as the old man said is that ryos dad could have defended himself and got away or knocke dout those guards completely, it i just that he did not want to show off any moves and definatley not to ryo basicly so he would not see the old man who was homless said that. iowa just did not want to have ryo see him in a different light than that he wa sin, it would shatter his image of him. do we know what happened in china? with him. maybe he wa sdoing what ryo wa sdoing but greater? right ok??????? maybe there was a reaosn for him going exatcly. but back to what i was saying. his dad knew more moves he could of defende himself, he did not want to show thme off reaosn being to show he was the bette rman and mostly it was so ryo could see him in his preserved image. not the way he could have shown him he was like. it is not a basis of story. or how it wa ssupposed ot b. iowa could have defende dhim self he did not it was not cuz of ryo , did u not hear i said i have more thn soone thoerie and i am sticking to this one. you cannot tell me what to think. hippocrite. plus i wa shaving a conversation with people who like to post thier theories hear as soon as i post in here you come me and thes people have alot in common we like to think. i looke din this thread and i see u neve rposte din it stop looking for trouble man and ge tout of it.

besisdes back to what i said, the homlessman showed ryo the move he foun out his dad could have defende him self but he did not. the homlessman told him why? which if you playe part one you would understand. then came this, he finds a scroll in his house and beside that fact, he finds out his father went to china and knew various moves. thus and thus. which really impacted ryo and what th homlessman said to him and it always will. the homlessman said what he said ryo goes to chin and finds out his dad knew all this crap which means he could have fought well agianst landi, it was the matte of showing who was the better man and he did not want to shattre rhis image of what ryo saw im as. And that was as his ROLE-MODEL vgace. thats why he did not fight or showoff the moves. i am pertaining it to the story and that he could have fought landi off but he did not. i am not saying he should no have died, it was a good thing that he died. there would be no opening theme.

but i looke dat it the same way then i go farther into part 1 and see his dad knew more moves and defenses but did not use them, which was stated by the homless man. and ryo still did not understand.

"yeah i used to be like that and say how look how this game starts his father gets his ass kicked for killing a chinese man back in the day ha ha ha"

then i find out........ he could have defende him self so i cam eup with reaosns why he did not. thne the homeless man tells ryo why. and it wa sbasicly what i just said vgace he did nt want to show off because he wa the bette man. i am not saying anything about the begining scene, only tha he did not fight to his potiential and did not want to fight back. and thus he die din the beginning i would not change the beginning for the world ok? the beginning starte dlike it should have but there wa sa mystery to how it started..........ok? even when i sai dur dad sucks ryo lol, i go farthe rinto the game and say holy shit he ould have defend him self so i got interste din it and thr homless man says why thne i get fathe rinto part 1 and thne i play part two for xbox and i feel more ease what the od homless man said was true he could have fought landi but he did not. he wanted to show who was the bette rman and keep his image as it was. for ryo's sake. and thats is what ryo failed ot notice evne though that old man told him that he took him till part two to undertsand the full meaning of those words.

nothing to do with the begining, but it does have todo with the story, he could have defend him self he did not, and that is that.

Skillz, I agree with you that Iwao could have defended himself much better. In fact, a monkey with one hand tied behind it's back could have fought better than Iwao that day. But to say Iwao threw the fight, and allowed himself to be killed to set an example for Ryo is ridiculous! How, in any conceivable notion, does defending yourself "tarnish" your image? What kind of role model, as you say, just rolls over and dies? There is no "showing off" in a life and death battle, and there is no being the "better man." You fight to the best of your ability, and if you're the superior warrior, you shall prevail. There is no dishonor in defending yourself, or defending your family! Seriously, just listen to yourself for a second.
What you're saying is that Iwao didn't want to show off moves or kill Lan Di because it would shatter Ryo's impression of him. He didn't want Ryo to see the cold-natured, killer side of his father. Right? Now stop and think of just how many things are wrong with that statement. For one, losing the fight would put not only Ryo, but the rest of the household in danger. Lan Di and his thugs had already harmed Ine-san and Fuku-san, and then Ryo as well. What's not to say they wouldn't kill them next? Secondly, in losing the fight Iwao left the household alone. He had a family that loved him, and he loved them back. How can it be considered at all rational to purposely lose a fight and leave them all alone? Provided he never swore vengeance, can you imagine how that would devastate Ryo? Or Ine-san? Or Fuku-san? Would you want to see your father die, just for the sake of keeping your "impression" of him pure? Now think about that, then think about what you're saying.

Skillz wrote:did u not hear i said i have more thn soone thoerie and i am sticking to this one. you cannot tell me what to think. hippocrite. plus i wa shaving a conversation with people who like to post thier theories hear as soon as i post in here you come me and thes people have alot in common we like to think. i looke din this thread and i see u neve rposte din it stop looking for trouble man and ge tout of it.

I could only understand about half of this statement, but I'll acknowledge the parts I got. I never told you what to think, and I don't see how stating a counter-point is being hypocritical (learn to spell, BTW). I also don't roam the forum looking for every post you make, just to come and slap it down, as you seem to think. I have more of a life than that. I never posted in this thread before because I never saw anything I disagreed with. But your theories I did disagree with. And believe it or not, it wasn't because they were written by you! It's awfully arrogant to think people like myself hang on to your every word just so we can put you down, which I don't. I have never personally insulted you, nor have I ever looked for trouble. The only thing you could possibly be insulted by is the fact that I've asked you multiple times to clean up your grammar. But that's called constructive criticism, not an insult. People are likely to read more of your posts if they can actually understand them. As it is, it's easier to read Japanese than one of your posts. And I hate to tell you, but your "that's the way I type" excuse is stupid. Typing involves forming complete thoughts, words, sentences, and paragraphs. What you do is not typing - all you do is push your fingers in the general direction of the key you wish to press, usually resulting in 3-4 unnecessary letters in the process.
Why do you take everything someone says so personally? You've done it with me and you've done it with mike. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they dislike you or are insulting you. Forums are meant for discussion and debate, and if you can't get over the fact that maybe, just maybe not everyone agrees with you, then you shouldn't bother posting here anymore. If that's the way you feel about things, life in a cave might be better suited to you than this.

One final point...

Skillz wrote:besisdes back to what i said, the homlessman showed ryo the move he foun out his dad could have defende him self but he did not. the homlessman told him why? which if you playe part one you would understand.

I have played part one. I've completed it nine times in fact. I've devoted more time to Chapter One than other people have devoted to PSO. I've personally endeavored to record every secret, both obvious and non-obvious. I've spent hours upon hours on writing and editing guides for the game. I do it because I love the game. So do not question my experience with Shenmue, because I guarantee I know more than you could possibly imagine.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III