Hidden Tiger Swallow Style Information

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby LuckyLuciano » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 am

These all good theories. But the theory about Iwao not defending himself I think is wrong. After reading all the theories I came up with one my own. I think Iwao did kill Lan Di's father. But here are my reasons. He says I lived the path of a warrior and must die like a warrior or something to that point. He didnt defend himself because he knew he was caught. And once your caught of doing something that dishonorable (murder) the only punishment is death.(Asian Tradion of Honor) (You dont live for ever but your story does.)He died to show his son the consequences of being a warrior. This is why he didnt defend himself because in his mind this was making everything alright. But two wrongs dont make a right. Also the game wont end at 3 it will probably go on to at least 4 because there would be too many questions unanswered. Or it could lead to a chrono trigger/ cross like ending with many questions not answered and never will be answered. And if my theory is correct Ryo will go on to learn this and either will kill Lan Di or (not). Thats big huh I'll probably be made fun of by saying that but it has to be said. But maybe he wont have to maybe Lan Di will get killed or kill himself in some type of ironic sort of fate. And this being the 80's if someone dies sooner or later a cop finds out and someone is in trouble. This also makes the most since and why would our favorite character be put behind bar for revenge. I may be babbling but I dont care. :arrow: Something gots to happen and thats why there is a Shenmue 3 and it cant be dined also most likly a 4. So people keep your hopes up I believe we will get our game or games. And the great story with all it's plot twists and secrets will be revealed. And Lan DC who thought a post about the books in Zhu room would lead to a dicussion about this. Nice work and keep it coming and if I'm a little too late I don't care I said what I had to say and Shenmue lives on Forever!!!
LuckyLuciano
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Location: The Place where Shenmue 3 is hidden. It's nice here.

Postby Lan Di sama » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:00 pm

I thank Iwao did not defend himself coz he couldn't, Lan Di made him look silly there. People go off to find all of these hidden meanings, but think of it this way, with the game being made is hard work, do you really think the makers sat down as much as you lot and started thinking all of these things like hidden messages in being a warrior and dying like one. I don't think so, don't think too much of this, i am sure the makers didn't. BTW wtf is a Tiger swallow style, Lan Di's finisher is a pure Nan Quan move, so try not to dig too deep.
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby VGAce » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Lan Di sama wrote:I thank Iwao did not defend himself coz he couldn't, Lan Di made him look silly there. People go off to find all of these hidden meanings, but think of it this way, with the game being made is hard work, do you really think the makers sat down as much as you lot and started thinking all of these things like hidden messages in being a warrior and dying like one. I don't think so, don't think too much of this, i am sure the makers didn't. BTW wtf is a Tiger swallow style, Lan Di's finisher is a pure Nan Quan move, so try not to dig too deep.

Tiger Swallow is Lan Di's fighting style, which is fictional but still based off of real martial arts moves. Just because one move from a particular style is performed doesn't mean the practioner solely uses that style. New styles can be created by combining the techniques of older styles, and I'd imagine fictional styles could be created exactly the same way.
There's no "digging deep" about it, the Tiger Swallow style is a key element in the plot of both Shenmue games.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di sama » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:09 am

VGAce wrote:
Lan Di sama wrote:I thank Iwao did not defend himself coz he couldn't, Lan Di made him look silly there. People go off to find all of these hidden meanings, but think of it this way, with the game being made is hard work, do you really think the makers sat down as much as you lot and started thinking all of these things like hidden messages in being a warrior and dying like one. I don't think so, don't think too much of this, i am sure the makers didn't. BTW wtf is a Tiger swallow style, Lan Di's finisher is a pure Nan Quan move, so try not to dig too deep.

Tiger Swallow is Lan Di's fighting style, which is fictional but still based off of real martial arts moves. Just because one move from a particular style is performed doesn't mean the practioner solely uses that style. New styles can be created by combining the techniques of older styles, and I'd imagine fictional styles could be created exactly the same way.
There's no "digging deep" about it, the Tiger Swallow style is a key element in the plot of both Shenmue games.

I know its a fictional style, created out of different moves, basicly screen fighting, something that looks good in a film. What i was trying to say about digging deep and that, is luciano's post above me, just read it and you will know what i am talking about.
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby FistOfLegend » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:22 am

Iwao obviously tried to defend himself. The truth of the matter is, that Land Di is jusy far more skillful then Ryo's father.
FistOfLegend
Asia Travel Representative

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:24 am

Well I don't know if this is on topic, but the kick to the head Lan Di performed on Iwao- isnt that the Tiger Sweep? Ryo can practise it during traning.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Lan Di sama » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:29 pm

A sweep is aimed at the legs not to the head, you are confusing yourself there, the only move lan di done which is from a tiger style is his finisher, apart from that its all nice hong kong fight choreograpy. Ryo only has a few moves relating to ju jitsu, most of them are throws. And speaking about the sweep ryo learns, first its a front sweep, which is a basic in northern long fist, when that move is in its advanced form it becomes a back sweep which is also a basic of long fist boxing. However, most animal styles have roots in standard long fist boxing. Hasn't anyone seen the "This is Kung Fu" documentry. The kick to the head that Lan Di done on Iwao is a standard spinning kick. When he had his hands behind him, that was cool tho, best bit of the fight.
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Lan Di sama wrote:A sweep is aimed at the legs not to the head, you are confusing yourself there

Thats what its called. Its <-, <-, ->, A, I think.

And im sure its exactly the same kick, even if it is just a "standard spinning kick". What im saying is- "Tiger Sweep" - "Tiger Swallow"- Is this move one of Lan Di's style?

EDIT: No, sorry, its called the Brutal Tiger, and its -> <- X+A.

NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby the guru0 2 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:39 am

if this has already been said, i apologise because i skiped the last 6 pages of this thread. after reading the long entry that peter wrote, i remembered that there is alot of reference to 2 very well know constalations of stars. one of which is the big dipper. in the movie of the first game (i havent actually played it, just watched the movie) in the shop of the woman who translates Zuh's letter, there is a picture on the wall, the constelation of the big dipper. the woman explains something about the dragon and the phonix, and it shows the two constelations as being pictures of the dragon and phoenix. also, if you havent noticed, when Zuh shows the secret of the phoenix mirror near the end of shenmue 2, it shows the constelation of the big dipper, which represents the dragon. then when the sword of seven stars was mentioned, i thought, "arent there seven stars in the constelation of the big dipper". also from this we can asume that when the secret of the dragon mirror is revield, it will show the constelation of the phoenix. i dont know how this will show the location of the treasure that Zuh talked about but there is alot of connections to the stars in these games.
the guru0 2

XBL: Zero Soldier
Steam: Phoenix0010
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Postby Skillz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:26 am

Ok, I am going to say it now.

its morning iwoa gets up and does his stuff. ryo went where ever he went. lets say he went to school or stuff. chilled at the arcade fuku-san comes home before him.

ine-san fixes fuku san a meal.
ine-san is asked by fuku where master.
shetells fuku he is in the dojo.

there iwoa is there pacing back and forth looking worried. fuku-san greets himself regularly.

iwoa looks out of focus. but notices fuku-san there.. well it seems iwoa feels sometihng dangerous is going to happen. probably thinking of the letter he wrote to ryo in the room but never gaveit to him. well thne they go to finish work and spar...

then up the street comes that idiot in his retarted black car spotte by tom and thne hitting the cat when she was trying to move her kitten.

thneit approaches the dojo...

i am assuming fukusan wa snot in a dojo at the time when the two guards and landi came. but i assume they came to the house first. or where ine-san and fuku-san are...

thats when the stupid guards hurt ine-san and ask where iwoa is.. i do not think landi would hurt a woman... and old. never know. so thne they go to the dojo... asking what they were asking. where fuku-san gets put in a tight spot with these rejects in the dojo. talking who knows what with iwao..

so thne ryo comes sees the dojo sighn craked and goes O.o. sees a car and goes _._ before that.

goes inside sees ine-san on the floor straightens her out since she old.. those bastards hurt her hip or back. then he goes to the dojo before that thing gets tossed out and his ribs messed up.. i know who did that probably was landi.. he proably see leave and he did not listen....

so then ryo comes in...... like >=( father!!! >=O.

now before i say any more whats rushing thorugh iwoas head.. he has a hurt housekeeper/nanny outside......

fuku-san hurt and my son.

why the hell would i put them in danger? he probably could have tooken out those guards........................

and left landi for himself.. if ryo jumped in it he probaly wouldnot last.. but thing is ryo is up..

his dad has alot of moves he would do but with fuku-san and ine-san hurt. and your life flashing though your eyes. and some idiots going

).) where is the mirror.. you would be shocked and say no...!

and plus you can't fight you got family to protect. so his dad would have dones better thna he did he was experienced.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di sama » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:48 pm

Skillz wrote:Ok, I am going to say it now.

its morning iwoa gets up and does his stuff. ryo went where ever he went. lets say he went to school or stuff. chilled at the arcade fuku-san comes home before him.

ine-san fixes fuku san a meal.
ine-san is asked by fuku where master.
shetells fuku he is in the dojo.

there iwoa is there pacing back and forth looking worried. fuku-san greets himself regularly.

iwoa looks out of focus. but notices fuku-san there.. well it seems iwoa feels sometihng dangerous is going to happen. probably thinking of the letter he wrote to ryo in the room but never gaveit to him. well thne they go to finish work and spar...

then up the street comes that idiot in his retarted black car spotte by tom and thne hitting the cat when she was trying to move her kitten.

thneit approaches the dojo...

i am assuming fukusan wa snot in a dojo at the time when the two guards and landi came. but i assume they came to the house first. or where ine-san and fuku-san are...

thats when the stupid guards hurt ine-san and ask where iwoa is.. i do not think landi would hurt a woman... and old. never know. so thne they go to the dojo... asking what they were asking. where fuku-san gets put in a tight spot with these rejects in the dojo. talking who knows what with iwao..

so thne ryo comes sees the dojo sighn craked and goes O.o. sees a car and goes _._ before that.

goes inside sees ine-san on the floor straightens her out since she old.. those bastards hurt her hip or back. then he goes to the dojo before that thing gets tossed out and his ribs messed up.. i know who did that probably was landi.. he proably see leave and he did not listen....

so then ryo comes in...... like >=( father!!! >=O.

now before i say any more whats rushing thorugh iwoas head.. he has a hurt housekeeper/nanny outside......

fuku-san hurt and my son.

why the hell would i put them in danger? he probably could have tooken out those guards........................

and left landi for himself.. if ryo jumped in it he probaly wouldnot last.. but thing is ryo is up..

his dad has alot of moves he would do but with fuku-san and ine-san hurt. and your life flashing though your eyes. and some idiots going

).) where is the mirror.. you would be shocked and say no...!

and plus you can't fight you got family to protect. so his dad would have dones better thna he did he was experienced.

Shut up
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Skillz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:28 pm

Did I get flamed by a novice? this thread needs nothing for your comment a waste of space and only to insult.

I was only stating my thoughts on the matter. :lol:
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Anthers » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Twist05 wrote:
Lan Di sama wrote:A sweep is aimed at the legs not to the head, you are confusing yourself there

Thats what its called. Its <-, <-, ->, A, I think.

And im sure its exactly the same kick, even if it is just a "standard spinning kick". What im saying is- "Tiger Sweep" - "Tiger Swallow"- Is this move one of Lan Di's style?

EDIT: No, sorry, its called the Brutal Tiger, and its -> <- X+A.

Nah, it's just a name. It's not related to Lan Di's style any more than the Tiger Knuckle (which is clearly just a basic jab).
Anthers
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Hey um...

Postby Luc Bu » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:10 am

Hey the start fo the thread kinda confused me... for clarification purposes my shenmue 2 copy has japanese voices and english subtitles. Is everyone's like this?
Luc Bu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Hey um...

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:42 am

Luc Bu wrote:Hey the start fo the thread kinda confused me... for clarification purposes my shenmue 2 copy has japanese voices and english subtitles. Is everyone's like this?

That's the Dreamcast version. The Xbox version has English voices.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III