Hidden Tiger Swallow Style Information

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby JeetKuneDo » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:57 pm

Sweet. Do you think all of the Chiyomen Leaders will know the Tiger Swallow, or they will all have different styles.
JeetKuneDo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDC » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:34 pm

JeetKuneDo wrote:Dosn't that one guy that Ryo has to fight in Shenmue 2 to get Joy back, know hte Tiger Swallow Style? Do you think he will have a role in Shenmue 3? Maybe as 1 of the Chiyomen Leaders.

Come to think of it. Baihu does use the Tiger Swallow Style. I don't think he's a leader, but he must be pretty high ranked in the Chiyoumen. Not only does he know that style, but the Chiyoumen members clearly call him "master".
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby jrathbun05 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:07 pm

When the chiyomen members call him "master" they might simply be refering to him being a martial arts master. However since he's in the yellow head's building he is at least affliated with the chiyomen, (for all we know he may be a yellow head or belong to some other organization with ties to them). But he's obviously pretty high up in whatever organization he's in to have those people working for him.
jrathbun05
Master of the Three Blades

Postby munchmunch » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:33 pm

Too interesting
munchmunch

Postby JeetKuneDo » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:56 am

Baihu, wasn't just a regular boss type guy that you had to defeat. He seemed to mysterious. If he wasn't going to be in shenmue 3, then why would he ask ryo's name. I think he wil return in shenmue 3 and fight ryo again, but me more powerful this time.
JeetKuneDo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ryohayabusa » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:51 am

LanDC wrote:
JeetKuneDo wrote:Dosn't that one guy that Ryo has to fight in Shenmue 2 to get Joy back, know hte Tiger Swallow Style? Do you think he will have a role in Shenmue 3? Maybe as 1 of the Chiyomen Leaders.

Come to think of it. Baihu does use the Tiger Swallow Style. I don't think he's a leader, but he must be pretty high ranked in the Chiyoumen. Not only does he know that style, but the Chiyoumen members clearly call him "master".

for being a master he is a dumbass.
i've always wondered how can his moves be so different tahn lan d's if they practice the same martial arts.i mean the more u train the more you moves become sharp,smooth fast etc,but it seems that baihu practices just another style
ryohayabusa
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JeetKuneDo » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:20 am

i agree
JeetKuneDo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Skillz » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:21 pm

it makes no sense guys why..... would ryo have a scroll of xuiyins style and it in poetic form.... and not even show it to her... i all thought that freakin scroll was super important at least one of the moves of the tiger swallow style....

but it is a bajiduan move.. it makes no sense to hide the damn scroll i thought it was wired but i sort of know and knew no i really know. i remember every time she taught u a move it was special........ it had purple color like the rest.... i bet even if you showed her it she might not be able to show you cuz it is in poetic form... but it has a tiger on it....... and from what ldanc stated and ryos words were....................... he talks about landi's style tiger swallow maybetiger swallo uses badiquan moves in it since it says tiger swallows seemed to be comprised of many different................ styles maybe like he said a firece tiger....... in landis style.... basicly it can be possible... or i think i solved it after reading it........

the style of badiquan is some what connected and related to landi's tiger swallow and as we saw is the only one who can compete with it remember the fighter who knew the style if the master did not show ryo badjiquan would he beable to compete with him or win..... maybe or not mybe i am right....

maybe this is one of the moves of tiger swallow since it said tiger when he read books.......

or maybe also the style is landi's styles' weakness.... :?: :roll: ill think of more its so late
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:12 am

ryohayabusa wrote:
LanDC wrote:

for being a master he is a dumbass.
i've always wondered how can his moves be so different tahn lan d's if they practice the same martial arts.i mean the more u train the more you moves become sharp,smooth fast etc,but it seems that baihu practices just another style

Thats because Lan Di, like Ryo wasn't entirly taught by his old man due to his early demise... Lan Di's moves most likely come from multiple styles... like Ryo... lol
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Hidden Tiger Swallow Style Information

Postby leo » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:06 pm

LanDC wrote:While browsing through the English version of Shenmue II some more, I've discovered some very interesting unused lines from Ryo in Zhu Yuan Da's room, actually voiced by Corey Marshall. Apparently, he is reading books about the Tiger Swallow Style. I have recorded all of the voices into a super clear 1 minute mp3. Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetxbox/shenmuedojo/modclips/hiddenzhuinfo.zip I shall also list the subtitles of the speech below. The speech goes as follows...

Ryo Hazuki wrote: "Looks like a text on moves. It explains moves I've never seen before. What move is this? A move of the Tiger Swallow Style, Zhuanshen Shuanghuquan. A move combination unique to the Tiger Swallow Style. Lan Di knows all these moves. Zhu seems to know a lot about the Tiger Swallow Style, he's done much research on the Tiger Swallow Style. Why did Zhu spend so much effort researching the style?

It's thoroughly explained. Did Zhu write this? It explains about the Tiger Swallow Style. The Tiger Swallow Style is a style derived from Yanqingquan. A combination of Dahuyan and Xiaohuyan. Has strong hand moves, as powerful as a fierce tiger. Feared by the Emperors of the past and thus prohibited. A style prohibited by the Emperor Yanqingquan. The origin of the Tiger Swallow Style seems to be Yanqingquan."

This is very interesting. The part that says "Has strong hand moves, as powerful as a fierce tiger" really makes me think about the Mysterious Scroll found in the Hazuki Dojo. At one point, it reads "strong enough to fell a fierce tiger in one hit." So perhaps the Mysterious Scroll is a move of the Tiger Swallow Style. Perhaps, even the one used to kill Iwao.

It's also interesting how he says "The origin of the Tiger Swallow Style seems to be Yanqingquan." And "A style prohibited by the Emperor Yanqingquan." So Yanqinquan was the creator? Also the one who prohibited it? I wonder why.

Anyway, I want to see everyone's research on this! See what we can come up with!

doing martial arts myself, i dont know the name of the move but the move that killed ryos father was basically two palm strikes struck at the same time to the paired pressure points called weishaug, it was a long time ago that i played shenmue but if i remeber correctly that is the move he used. The tiger swallow style may be made up for the game, but the move he used to kill ryos father is very real .
im gutted the ystopped makeign the dream cast i loved shenmue, will shenmue 3 ever come out in the pc?
leo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Skillz » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:37 pm

where he hit iwao with the move was under his stomach basicly which was.... his heart if you thing of it if someone hits u below u stomach but under ur chest it spreads........... intrnal bleeding killed him my friends...
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby white lotus » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:32 pm

I see...

More about Lan Di's supposed moves...(Fanzi Quan)

"The tumbling Chuan stresses crisp, fast, hard and resilient movements."

Flashback to when Lan Di kills Iwao.

Yup

...seems like it can be his moves!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Leon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:59 am

I'm not sure if this discussion is still active.. but here are my thoughts:

Cool find LanDC, and it's interesting that palm move of LanDi's is actually a Baji move. :shock: But Baji is everywhere in Shenmue, remember the flashback of Ryo learning the elbow move under the cherry tree? I believe that is a Baji move as well http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~shenmuedoj ... hp?t=20625
I posted a link to a Baji video on that thread. (which is http://baji.info/videoclips.htm )

Anyways, regardless of actual background and history of the styles, you guys should check out SEGA's opinion of each art!
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/vf4evo/

Be sure to check out the martial arts descriptions for Koenken, Hakyoku ken, and Ensei ken. Also checkout the profile for Lei Fei. Sega have some kind of fascination with tiger swallow, it seems!
Leon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Skillz » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:52 pm

even so so, the move on th scroll can be both a baji move and the move landi used otkill is faTHER, like the tiger swallow is comprised of alot of styles and probably u can custimize it either way u want? if so and the hazuki elbo strike ryos dad showed him this might have been, and is a baji move, so i am guessing it was not only iwoa who went to china maybe ryos grand father went to china and made the style off some of these moves in general.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:32 am

Skillz wrote:where he hit iwao with the move was under his stomach basicly which was.... his heart if you thing of it if someone hits u below u stomach but under ur chest it spreads........... intrnal bleeding killed him my friends...

You can't die that quickly of internal bleeding. Lan Di most likely struck Iwao on his sternum, which is a very weak point of the skeletal system if enough pressure is applied. I imagine Iwao died of a collapsed lunge, as his breathing become somewhat erratic toward the end.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III