Shenmue III Rant... need translation.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III Rant... need translation.

Postby ac2u » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:08 pm

I always do a quick search on feedster.com now and then for "Shenmue III".. found this article posted 20 hours ago.....

http://spaces.msn.com/members/haydafran ... !122.entry (copy whole url)

I'm not too hot on French.. and from what I gather.. most of it is about past rumours... but there is an interesting part at the bottom (could be very old) which goes into technical details....

He confirmed that Shenmue is supposed to have 16 Chapters, but the Story finds a rather "satisfying" (but not final) end after Chapter 9 or 10, he did not remember. And here comes the meat. He told me that the storyline, the characters, the dialogue and like 80% of the locations (I tried to get some info about Tibet, no luck) until Chapter 10 (or 9) are actually finished. Most of the stuff is already prerendered in the current engine, though it is of course not polished, it basically consists of placeholder textures/animations from Shenmue I&II. Of course he did not reveal a damn thing about how it goes on, he only smiled when i mentioned our every day discussions about Baihu, Lan Di, Ziming and so on... but still, he revealed that Suzuki had the story for Shenmue finished for years, the Saturn Shenmue would prove that, as they had progressed until Chapter 5 in pre-renderings (btw, he mentioned that it still had VF Characters back then). He got a little uncomfortable talking about Yu Suzuki, I felt he kind of said more then he had planned to. Though, he said that no one knows when, if, and on what system the following chapters would appear. He said that it depends on how the sales go, how Sega would support AM2, and how much Sega would believe in Shenmue. Although the basics are finished, the most expensive part of Shenmue is the scripting, dubbing and debugging, along with the research & creation of textures (cant remember exactly), and only a successful Sega, AM2 and Shenmue II would allow them to invest in a third installment

Wondering if anyone can pick anything out from the French text which surrounds this english snippet.

Thanks.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:28 pm

This is some random person's MSN blog?

Still, heres something interesting:

Propos d'un employé de Sega of Germany

Hey there, ok, where do I start. I worked at Sega of Germany (SOE German HQ, closed now) at the localization department. we usually made plans for language localization, packaging and stuff... I got fired when they closed the German Dep.... so I guess it's ok when I talk about some stuff here... Once in a while we had visitors from Sega of America, or even Sega of Japan. About a year ago, we had a few people over from AM2&3, I think they went to London and were invited by Sega of Europe, I suppose for promotional stuff or something. However, i got to talk to one guy on the way back to the Airport. His english was fluent, quite exceptional for a Japanese software developer... lol. So, being an avid Shenmue fan, this was the topic. Of course, I wanted to know about Shenmues future after pt. II, as the Dreamcast death was on everyone's lips at that time. At first he laughed, like he can't tell, or tell ME.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that this is old unfortunately. I am almost positive that what ac2u posted was written here about a year ago. I remember that there was a topic about the story Twist posted from the Sega of Germany guy (do you have the link to that topic?)

I just get the feeling that I've seen that quote from ac2u before as it seems familiar. I can't translate the French, but from my understanding of it, it seems to be referring to November 3, 2001 as perhaps the day that AM-2 announced something about Shenmue on their website. I'm not sure but I don't think it is referring to Shenmue III, rather to the 3rd depuis (day) of Novembre (November) 2001. That would make it likely that it is just about something that was said before Shenmue IIx was released. Here is the quote:
On parle de Shenmue 3 depuis Novembre 2001, où une annonce faite sur le site officiel de l'AM2 (http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/jp/wam2/2001/2001_11_2.phpl) où il est clairement dit que le développement du jeu est commencé. Mais depuis, aucune nouvelle, car on entend beaucoup parler de Shenmue 2x.

The last line says something about the the Shenmue 2x needing good sales. I think that it says the good sales are needed for Shenmue III and that they are ready to commence development on Shenmue III. Sorry, but this looks like old news, however, its a good find nonetheless.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ac2u » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:50 pm

Yeah... i know the news at the top is way back in 2001...
but there's a lot of stuff near the bottom of the article that I've never seen before.
Last edited by ac2u on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:51 pm

Yes, it is a good find, because its interesting to see how all these 5th-party-sources evidence, interviews etc seem to all be coming together recently.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ac2u » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:57 pm

also
Finally, he told me that Suzuki, and the greater part of AM2 take Shenmue very personal, and as long as there's a possibility, they will try to tell the story of Shenmue, he laughed and said in the worst case, they will have to do (he laughed) "10 more arcade driving games" (he pretended to steer with a wheel very hysteric and waved his head, lol) before they saved enough money to continue on Shenmue. That is about it, we talked about misc. other stuff while we approached the Airport. When he checked in and said goodbye, he pointed at a Canadian counter and said "Canada is a nice country" and smiled.

Anyone translate the french directly below this?

EDIT: Nevermind... it goes English-French-English-French.. :P

Still.. there was something interesting about a lot of Shenmue III already made under the existing Shenmue I/II Game engine
Last edited by ac2u on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:59 pm

I sent a link of this to Trent the owner of the french site Shenmue Master. We should get a response from him sortly.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:01 pm

I just left a comment on his blog about our intrested in his Shenmue posts. I asked if he spoke English and if he would be kind enough to translate his post for us.

Edit:I see Hellraiser just posted, well hopefully we'll get a response from someone soon.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Hellraiser wrote:I sent a link of this to Trent the owner of the french site Shenmue Master. We should get a response from him sortly.

You've never seen this, Hellraiser?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ac2u » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Looking forward to hearing the response... "I await whilst praying..."

:oops: Gotta get myself out of the habit of using lines from Shenmue.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:12 pm

Hey, some of this actually comes from the Shenmue Master site originally. I found the link to the topic I was thinking of where this was mentioned. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20321&
Hopefully, this will clear some of this stuff up.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:14 pm

Twist wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:I sent a link of this to Trent the owner of the french site Shenmue Master. We should get a response from him sortly.

You've never seen this, Hellraiser?

I remember reading the part about the "satisfying" ending somewhere else but that's it.
Last edited by Ziming on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ac2u » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:14 pm

whoops... seems when it was posted back then it was considered "old news".

Ah well...

That clears that up.. feel free to lock up! :)
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:30 pm

Everything in the first posts translation, yes i have all heard before in patches. Its genuine enough
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Trent » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:04 am

ryohazuki1987 wrote:Hey, some of this actually comes from the Shenmue Master site originally. I found the link to the topic I was thinking of where this was mentioned. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20321&
Hopefully, this will clear some of this stuff up.

Yeah you are right, I wrote this article you can find on this blog.

Here : http://shenmueangel.free.fr/shenmue3/pr ... enmue3.php

So nothing new...

About the employee of Sega Germany, it's an old news, but now I don't think it was right... But I am sure I saw this news on Shenmue Dojo. Posted by Andy ?
Trent
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

Next

Return to Shenmue III