BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Wolfgame » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:16 pm

ah well, atleast the communitys not letting shenmue 3 be forgotten, its either this or bashing on new people in the community. im interested to see where this will head, it seems like they are trying to shoot for a "snakes on a plane" ripple effect.
Wolfgame
Master of the Three Blades

Postby biglime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Nick Tyndall wrote:I doubt this show with two over weight bald guys is going to help this game what so ever. We, the fans, have already begged for this game to be released and Sega know we are beggin so I doubt they are going to budge with these people.

Just one of the bald guys is overweight. Me.

I'm only asking you to beg one more time. A big concerted effort, worldwide.
biglime
Asia Travel Representative

Postby biglime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 pm

Peter wrote:Ive read the campaign page a few times, and im a bit lost. Are these guys united in finding out week by week new information on Shenmue 3, or is this just a quest to find out if Shenmue is a good game or a bad game, and also that Shenmue 3 should come out? I mean one seems to be FOR Shenmue 3 and the other seems to be AGAINST.

For legal reasons, we can't be seen to be promoting any product that might exist. That's why there's an argument for both sides. To be balanced.

But we don't have to pay attention to any of that on here. I'm happy to call this base camp for this big drive. On the first couple of episodes of the show, there won't be too many updates about what the online community's managed to do. But further down the line, episodes 3 and 4, we can start covering the impact that this campaign has made.

If it's all wrapped up inside a BBC show, then I'm sure we'll get some kind of comment from Sega. Something to give us some hope, or to put our minds at rest. But let's put it this way - the bigger the impact we make, the harder it is for them to tell us "No." So let's make the biggest fucking noise we can.

We have about 6 weeks. But let's get it rolling.
biglime

Postby All Hail The New Flesh » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:10 pm

man, Shenmue has been everywhere lately, with all that exposer we will see Shenmue 3, that or that email I did months ago about a dying kid who likes Shenmue so much that his last wish is to play Shenmue 3 before he dies
All Hail The New Flesh

Postby ys » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:51 pm

biglime wrote:For legal reasons, we can't be seen to be promoting any product that might exist. That's why there's an argument for both sides. To be balanced.

Ah, I kind of guessed that was the reason. Nice to know for sure :P

ys wrote:I just wonder how they will tackle that "dual stance" in their show. Maybe that was needed for legal reasons? I did read in one of their statements that they went over this with lawyers since they aren't allowed to promote single games. Maybe this is the way they can get away with it?
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:53 pm

biglime wrote:
Peter wrote:Ive read the campaign page a few times, and im a bit lost. Are these guys united in finding out week by week new information on Shenmue 3, or is this just a quest to find out if Shenmue is a good game or a bad game, and also that Shenmue 3 should come out? I mean one seems to be FOR Shenmue 3 and the other seems to be AGAINST.

For legal reasons, we can't be seen to be promoting any product that might exist. That's why there's an argument for both sides. To be balanced.

But we don't have to pay attention to any of that on here. I'm happy to call this base camp for this big drive. On the first couple of episodes of the show, there won't be too many updates about what the online community's managed to do. But further down the line, episodes 3 and 4, we can start covering the impact that this campaign has made.

If it's all wrapped up inside a BBC show, then I'm sure we'll get some kind of comment from Sega. Something to give us some hope, or to put our minds at rest. But let's put it this way - the bigger the impact we make, the harder it is for them to tell us "No." So let's make the biggest fucking noise we can.

As I said earlier, I greatly appreciate your efforts, Mr. Florence. Excuse me for my
poor English, as it's not my native language. I'm Japanese and I'd like to help you
by letting Japanese fans know this campaign, though I don't think you can expect
much contribution from them to the YouTube group you've made.

I understand your stance regarding "promoting any product" and I think it's pretty
clever to make a fuss like that instead. SEGA couldn't miss it, if it's from the biggest
medium in the world. I do hope SEGA's management in Japan will see the whole
campaign. Do you plan to show it to them somehow, like sending them a DVD that
includes the shows and the whole process, as well as the link to the YouTube group?

Anyway, do you mean the show will last for 6 weeks? I really hope this will work! :D
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:45 am

So, what do I do?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Joe Pesci » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:47 am

^Hahaha, that was hilarious.... For no apparent reason. Maybe it's just something relative to me.

But yeah, how do we get involved in this shit stained British production.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby EWJ » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:16 am

Write to the BBC and get them to use the entire countries TV Licensing money on a Shenmue III campaign. I wouldn't mind paying it then.
Last edited by EWJ on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
EWJ
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JoeMDesign » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:58 am

You guys... rule!

I loved Consolevania and VideoGaiden.

The best 10 minutes on BBC2 every week!

Long live the Shenmue III movement.

Oh yeah, and I second the suggestion to show clips from the Gang Edition. Ask them!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby fuku_san » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:02 am

Here is a post of biglime explaining what to do.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=142427
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: with your mom

Postby b_ren » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:33 am

biglime wrote:For legal reasons, we can't be seen to be promoting any product that might exist. That's why there's an argument for both sides. To be balanced.

Good luck man. You have a whole lot of people backing you at the this place.

EDIT: Has anyone tried Adam at Kikizo? I have sent him an email about this asking him to mention it on Kikizo.
Last edited by b_ren on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby sharkattack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:41 am

Hi all,
I'm a long time reader of the forum and Shenmue fan since DC.

Signed up too have a word with biglime,
I think it would be pretty awesome if you did a 'history' of
the Shenmue series on your show pointing out things like
It was in the world record book for most expencive game
Show the story and history behind the games for all the people
who never got a chance to play it.

Show them how the game plays and all the brilliant elements of
the game, I mean for Shenmue to continue SEGA needs to know
theres enough demand for the game.
God knows the fans have tryed everything and nothing yet really
but the more the merrier.

I've posted this info around a good few forums I go to about 5 infact
one being the magic box which has recently gone down due
to Sonys attack on Lik Sang who were our biggest supporter.

P.S did you get my really terrable support comic I sent to you
that I knocked up in about 5 minuites on MSPaint? ;p
sharkattack

Postby LanDC » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:36 pm

Well, I suppose I could cook up some sort of mod video pertaining to our massive wait for Shenmue III. That would be one interesting way of getting our point across, no? Yeah? No? Maybe?
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby fuku_san » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:46 pm

John Locke wrote:Has anyone tried Adam at Kikizo? I have sent him an email about this asking him to mention it on Kikizo.

Looks like Adam don´t want to respond any mail, maybe he is in constant comunication with his ultra secret SEGA source and have no time for this campaign.
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: with your mom

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III