BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Hassassin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:24 pm

anyone have any meaningful postal address for sega??
emails are great and all... but letts face it most of the time i bet sega dont even read them they just straight away send a standard automated reply.
Hassassin
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:16 pm

OMG JOEMDESIGN

THAT SIG KICKS ASSImage
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:37 am

This is stupid. Sega would release Shenmue III if they thought they would either gain a profit, or not lose too much money. They're aware of the demand among the cult fanbase, they're not halting development just to be dicks. :roll:

Everyone knows Sega's been in a pretty big hole for a while, and it seems like they're starting to recover a little bit. After all this hard work, do you think they'll want to take a risk again and take a big financial hit? Also, how do you know that 1) Shenmue III would be "cheap" to make? 2) It would turn in a profit? None of you work in the videogame industry, and none of you know what the development plans would be for Shenmue III. Sure, maybe if they released Shenmue III using the dated engine from the dreamcast, then it will be cheap, but be realistic...this is basically two generations after (depending on where you consider the dreamcast), and Shenmue II was completely dated on the original xbox.

Go crazy petitioning for Shenmue III, organizing online campaigns, kidnapping Bill Gates children for ransom, complaining about sega on your myspace accounts, slitting your wrists and taking pictures and sending them to sega demaning Shenmue III or you'll kill yourselves, organizing a flight to Sega's HQ in Japan so you can have 15 fans demonstrate, crying on a messageboard, but Shenmue III isn't coming unless Sega thinks it's feasible to make it so. Simple as that, and it's been apparent for 4 years that this is the case, so enough already.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Sunming Zhao » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:26 am

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:This is stupid. Sega would release Shenmue III if they thought they would either gain a profit, or not lose too much money. They're aware of the demand among the cult fanbase, they're not halting development just to be dicks. :roll:

Everyone knows Sega's been in a pretty big hole for a while, and it seems like they're starting to recover a little bit. After all this hard work, do you think they'll want to take a risk again and take a big financial hit? Also, how do you know that 1) Shenmue III would be "cheap" to make? 2) It would turn in a profit? None of you work in the videogame industry, and none of you know what the development plans would be for Shenmue III. Sure, maybe if they released Shenmue III using the dated engine from the dreamcast, then it will be cheap, but be realistic...this is basically two generations after (depending on where you consider the dreamcast), and Shenmue II was completely dated on the original xbox.

Go crazy petitioning for Shenmue III, organizing online campaigns, kidnapping Bill Gates children for ransom, complaining about sega on your myspace accounts, slitting your wrists and taking pictures and sending them to sega demaning Shenmue III or you'll kill yourselves, organizing a flight to Sega's HQ in Japan so you can have 15 fans demonstrate, crying on a messageboard, but Shenmue III isn't coming unless Sega thinks it's feasible to make it so. Simple as that, and it's been apparent for 4 years that this is the case, so enough already.

*Slow clap*
Sunming Zhao

Postby ys » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:After all this hard work, do you think they'll want to take a risk again and take a big financial hit?

Yakuza cost a lot though and lucky for them it sold well in Japan. Shenmue Online is another expensive risk.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:35 pm

ys wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote:After all this hard work, do you think they'll want to take a risk again and take a big financial hit?

Yakuza cost a lot though and lucky for them it sold well in Japan. Shenmue Online is another expensive risk.

Well, I guess sega are just dicks then!

But seriously, the Shenmue series HAS been a financial burden for Sega in the past, unlike a new IP like Yakuza, or Shenmue as an subscription MMORPG.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Well, in some senses Yakuza is a bomb, actually! It only sold well in Japan, as for the rest of the world...well, it ain't pretty, let me put it that way. :?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Yamanose1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:32 pm

We ALL have to buy Shenmue Online, and not just for the fact it could be a good game. So at LEAST he could make SEGA enough money to continue the SHENMUE series.

Is any1 with that?
Yamanose1
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Yamanose1 wrote:We ALL have to buy Shenmue Online, and not just for the fact it could be a good game. So at LEAST he could make SEGA enough money to continue the SHENMUE series.

Is any1 with that?

No
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yamanose1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:42 pm

All right then just needed to know that...fag
Yamanose1

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 pm

Yamanose1 wrote:All right then just needed to know that...fag

stfu.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yamanose1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeah i know what i wrote
:idea: fkhd
Yamanose1

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:40 pm

Yamanose, shut up. You're really not making a good first impression here at all.
I'm giving you a warning. Give it a rest.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yamanose1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:44 am

Im just screwin' round, this convo is dead anyway.|
hey c'mon dont giv us a warning, thats gay |
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yamanose1

Postby Johanz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:00 am

About the whole "If Sega made Shenmue 3 they would make profit of it"
Today, it's even more expensive than before to make high-tech games and etc. Sure, some stuff is cheaper but it's costing much more now than ever before. I read somewhere that the hugely popular Gears of War only made a profit if it sold over one million copies, and after that, their profit from it was like 1 buck per copy.

And game development isn't the only cost. Advertising costs very very much money. And making a rich and detailed game as Shenmue 3 probably would be, it's cost would be very high I'd bet. And is Sega willing to take that risk? Making the whole game and all. Sure, fans would love it! No doubt. But will there be enough to make it all go around? I think Sega are doubting. But if Microsoft would like they have towards other companies in Japan, like Mistwalker, Capcom and etc, pour some money into their pockets and make them develop highly unique and exclusive games.

But I don't think Microsoft sees Shenmue 3 as an opprutunity to make that much money either.

But my bet is, that if the Xbox Live Arcade limit is broken from 50 mbs too alot more, then maybe, maaaybe Shenmue could come to the X360, since Microsoft were negogiating about deals for their Xbox Live Arcade Service. They made an exception for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that won't be under 50 mbs, but probably over 50 and around 100 mbs. Because it was such a special title. But a game that is a large as a DVD? Not any time soon I bet..

But! If it was Shenmue that would come to the arcade, people could rediscover Shenmue and Sega would gain more fans probably of the series and thus, maybe produce a Shenmue 3.

Ofcourse, that this is going to happen is highly unlikely. But! You can always dream eh? :)

If I was in Segas boots, really. I'd do some Online thingy with releasing Shenmue 1 for free, included with some emulator so that you could run it on your PC. Why? Because it's quite an old game, sure people are still buying it at Ebay and etc for alot of money, but it would generate fans, goodwill towards Sega, and maybe some new hope. And it would probably attract more players to Shenmue Online too!
Johanz

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III