BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby jedsithor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 am

Henry Spencer wrote:
I'll take your word on that!

Basically the next stage in the war/campaign is to expand. To branch out across the internet and get fans and non fans alike talking about Shenmue. The ultimate goal of convincing Sega to release the game can only be achieved with support from key members of the industry, mostly from the gaming press but also within Sega itself.

If there is a debate about Shenmue III within Sega, at the very least, the pro-shenmue guys will be able to point to the campaign and say, "look...the demand is there" and we may even get actual support from them...IF we can make enough noise.

At the moment, our biggest problem is that the big internet gaming sites like IGN have essentially forgotten about Shenmue or they simply dont care...we need to get them on our side, as well as Gamespot and various games magazines.

Make no mistake about it...this isnt going to be a 6-week campaign with nothing but music videos...this is a long-term deal that could go on for 2 years or more.

So the question is...for all those who say they wont give up, for everyone who says they're willing to help...do you mean it? Are you prepared to commit yourselves to the campaign?
jedsithor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:47 am

Why has the campaign has been removed from the front page? :?

I know it's got the GREAT news about Shenmue II on it, but you can't just "forget" the effort of all the great Shenmue fans (especially my GuardMaster video...) :P
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:46 am

jedsithor wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:

Basically the next stage in the war/campaign is to expand. To branch out across the internet and get fans and non fans alike talking about Shenmue. The ultimate goal of convincing Sega to release the game can only be achieved with support from key members of the industry, mostly from the gaming press but also within Sega itself.

If there is a debate about Shenmue III within Sega, at the very least, the pro-shenmue guys will be able to point to the campaign and say, "look...the demand is there" and we may even get actual support from them...IF we can make enough noise.

At the moment, our biggest problem is that the big internet gaming sites like IGN have essentially forgotten about Shenmue or they simply dont care...we need to get them on our side, as well as Gamespot and various games magazines.

Make no mistake about it...this isnt going to be a 6-week campaign with nothing but music videos...this is a long-term deal that could go on for 2 years or more.

So the question is...for all those who say they wont give up, for everyone who says they're willing to help...do you mean it? Are you prepared to commit yourselves to the campaign?

I would be willing to help get big gaming sites on our side but we would actually need alot of dojo members, to help persist.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby alimn » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:46 am

At least this campaign could help us to show
how much Shenmue fans are strong and
how much they love Shenmue....

BTW I still believe that SEGA have lied to us.
(About that 5 years thing...)3 years is more realistic.
It seems that real Shenmue 3 answers are still some secrets,
But the right time hasn't come yet.

It's true that Shenmue Online should release first.
(on everywhere not only china.)

Mybe they are going to give us a Shenmue Online 360 first.

-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Segata Sanshiro » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:43 pm

I'm not really sure how badly I want Shenmue III... just look at what Sega is doing to Sonic (from my pov, they're killing him). I want Shenmue III to be a decent sequel. I sometimes think it will be ok just because Suzuki san will be behind the project, but who knows... I had the same confidence in Naka san and look at the new Sonic game. What I don't really know is if Naka san has been actively working in Sonic games since he left Sega, so I don't know if it's his fault.

Anyway there's no need to worry about this, by the time Sega decides to start making Shenmue III they will (hopefully) have become a special company again, not just a japanese EA.
Segata Sanshiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Clint » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:50 pm

I knew this campaign wouldn't make any difference. Everyone tried so hard aswell. Fucking pisstake. Fuck SEGA.

We would have already had Shenmue IV if Suzuki worked under Sony or Nintendo.

We've still got a chance, maybe 10 years down the line, who knows.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Blade Runner » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:18 pm

Sega's reply to my email.

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

Unfortunately we have no information as to whether there will be a Shenmue 3 or
not.
For information and news on all SEGA’s upcoming titles please check the SEGA
Europe website at www.sega-europe.com

Best regards,

Gregory Bourgeois
Product Support
SEGA Europe
www.sega.co.uk

typical...
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:26 pm

^

Were you expecting anything less on SEGA? :?

Hazuki Legend wrote:
jedsithor wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:

I would be willing to help get big gaming sites on our side but we would actually need alot of dojo members, to help persist.

Unfortunately, I doubt these bigger gaming companies share your optimism. However though, I did notice that a lot of the veterinary members were upset over this news over at MGS.org; a lot of them are fans also, I posted the topic up there.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:16 pm

uA wrote:Sega's reply to my email.

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

Unfortunately we have no information as to whether there will be a Shenmue 3 or
not.
For information and news on all SEGA’s upcoming titles please check the SEGA
Europe website at www.sega-europe.com

Best regards,

Gregory Bourgeois
Product Support
SEGA Europe
www.sega.co.uk

typical...

So this guy says they have NO information... Where did the first guy get all the stuff about 3-5 years from? :?
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:28 pm

JoeMDesign wrote:So this guy says they have NO information... Where did the first guy get all the stuff about 3-5 years from? :?

They don't even know (at least a couple of days ago) that the PSO servers are being closed in 3 months.
Segata Sanshiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Blade Runner » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:39 pm

I am looking forward to the reply from SoJ (if they do) to the email that JoeMDesign sent.
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:51 pm

Why would it be any different? You sir, have a lot to learn.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:03 pm

I just wondered if they'd be interested in knowing there's still demand in Europe... You never know.

Besides, they might know something we don't. :)

Ask... That's how we learn.
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:10 pm

Yeah, I see your point, but don't you realise how ignorant SEGA are? I mean they completely and totally ignored all the hard work you guys put in, what difference is a simple e-mail going to do? Seriously.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Blade Runner » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:47 pm

still worth seeing if they will deny it will be happening completely or whatever...

and we also shouldnt see it as a 'simple email'

we should all email, on a regular basis. we should post also.... if we all sent 1 letter to all 3 offices, 3 letters isnt that difficult or expensive. it may help.
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III