BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Johanz » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Hmm, well the campaign ended and I must thank Rab and all the others for making this possible! Great work! Always loved Consolevania och VideoGaiden was pretty cool :)

A bit sad by the answer but all this talk about taking the campaign efforts to the next level with to a dedicated We-want-shenmue3.com webpage-ish project would be really cool, we could just move our the efforts to that site right and just let it sit there and grow and push on and on and try to show the world what Shenmue is and why so many fans are so crazy and dedicated for it!

I personally think it would be great! But would it achieve anything? I hope so but even emailing the website to Sega and all, I doubt they'd look much at it and etc.

But really, now that backwards compability for Shenmue 2x is coming to the 360, this is a new chance to earn some new fans! If there is any copies left to be bought that is. :P

Anyways, again, big thanks for everyone who made the campaign possible and everyone who took part in it :)
Johanz
Asia Travel Representative

Postby jedsithor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:47 pm

By the way, assuming we can set up a website dedicated to Shenmue III, I wanted to ask if the guys who run the Dojo would allow us to make the Dojo forums the official forums for the campaign or would we be better off setting up our own?

Ideally, I would like to have a network of Shenmue fansites that all link to a single forum, kinda like how a lot of Superman sites all link to the Planet forums run by bluetights.net, but I dunno if this can happen.
jedsithor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ys » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:06 am

uA wrote:I am looking forward to the reply from SoJ (if they do) to the email that JoeMDesign sent.

I doubt they'll answer. I've written to them maybe 1-2 years ago and to AM2. No answer at all. AM2 didn't even send a short standard mail to thank for the compliments I wrote :P

@jedsithor, I don't know if other Shenmue sites would like this forum to be the main forum if there would be such a support site. There might be some conflicts somewhere.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby jedsithor » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:24 am

ego....it's a killer....well if the campaign site doesn't use its own forum, then it's something that will need to be discussed but whatever forums are chosen, then everyone has to fall in line, put away their differences and work together.

But right now the most important thing is getting the campaign up and running so lets put the forum issue on the backburner for now.
jedsithor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Interstellar Fighter » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:42 am

Guys, give it up. A few emails won't make it come faster, even en masse...you're the same people who have been sending letters for years, and it still hasn't come.
Interstellar Fighter

Postby Blade Runner » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:35 am

we need to all unite. I feel nothings happening, please can someone say the first move of the campaign and lets do it.
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:04 am

Listen, SEGA are far too ignorant to listen to their fans. Oh forget it.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bobs Pizza » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:18 pm

People say they love Shenmue and would do anything to get it. but yet they wont do a campaign. I would rather do a campaign and try to convince SEGA than just wait another 5 years and just hope!
Bobs Pizza
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Blade Runner » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Sega started this game, Sega will finish it.
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alimn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:45 pm

Toms Hotdogs, That 5 year is a big lie...
Imagine now I'm 22 and in that time I will be 27 years old!!!
(If I don't die, lol!)

About SIII 3 years is a little bit more realistic.

BTW I rather we force SEGA to release Shenmue Online
on the 360 sooner & Then we can talk about SIII...
Before SO talking about SIII can be useless...
SEGA will never kill Shenmue Online sales in US & Europe
by releasing Shenmue III before it.

I believe that SEGA will release SO on US and Europe too.
YS haven't waste his time only for China.

I don't like this sentence but We should face the fact.
No Shenmue III before Shenmue Online.

As I said before
SEGA doesn't like to kill SO by releasing SIII before it.
So I'm not saying this because YS is busy...

Don't we remember why Suzuki became the sixth person to be inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences' Hall of Fame?

As you know YS always like to make new things.
So, Shenmue III will not be a new thing for him.
But unfortunately or fortunately Shenmue Online is.

A quote from "AIAS"

http://www.interactive.org/awards.php?halloffame&ind=57

The standards for consideration are very high. Criteria considered by the Academy Board include: pioneering a new genre, or redefining an existing genre with a significant advance (i.e. changing the face of the art form); influencing other designers and products; demonstrating the highest level of creativity and innovation which results in on-going cultural significance and influence; consistent product success of a scale that expands the scope of the industry.

I said this to let you know that maybe AM2 is working on it alone
(Just like Virtua Fighter 5)

So let's hope SEGA can release SO sooner...
(That game is under the development since 2004!!!)

In this way we can have more hopes regarding Shenmue III.

Regards-Alimn
Last edited by alimn on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Trouble is with you two, you haven't seen what veterinary members here have seen, not meaning to make myself sound superior than you about it, don't get me wrong please, but it is just, you will learn over time what I mean. It's depressing.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby jedsithor » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:16 pm

Ok well, first thing we need to do is contact other Shenmue fansites and forums and see if they're on board for the campaign...this isn't gonna just be about sending emails to Sega or posting videos on Youtube, that obviously doesnt work...although I still would encourage you to post your videos on Youtube and google video...it won't be the main focus of the campaign by any means but it is a good way to get the game out into the public domain.

As I've said before, while the focus is on getting sega to make and release the game, we also have to concentrate on building up the demand for the game...essentially we need to get more people interested in Shenmue.
jedsithor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby N-C-V » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:02 pm

Has anyone even suggested a partition yet? I know there has been one before now, and nothing become of it but surley its worth another try.

Also, people need to start making the effort. When I read this topic my first impression was "Whats the point? Nothing will ever become of it. Everone will be excited about the prospects of this new campaign for a week or two, maybe even a month. Then it will fizzle out and be forgoten about before long, and before you all know it were all just back where we started." But then i thought what would be the main reason for this. I thought that the one thing most responsible for this would be people like me. People who dont believe and just dismiss this oppurtunity to be heard. Once i thought about this i decided to sign up and say my peice. I would absolutly love to see Shenmue 3 info as much as anyone.
So if anyone reading this is thinking along the lines of what I was, please for the sake of Shenmue, get on board someway or another.

"With the influence of videoGaiden, the power of the British Broadcasting Corporation, and the collective multimedia might of gamers everywhere, how can we possibly fail?" Rab Florence

I'll tell you Mr. FLorence, by not using this power correctly. To have any kind of success, you need to get Shenmue out there, you need to talk about them almost every episode of your show, perhaps have a weekly feature that goes back and explains so of "your" favourite moments or things about Shenmue. But thats not my job to think of how to use this power thats just a off the top of my head (and rather impractical) way of doing it.But people need to hear and know about this game, hardly anyone i know has ever heard of it let alone played it, but, sure as I am there is a sun in the solar system, im sure they would absolutly love it if they were given the chance.

I would just like to take this moment to say also i think SEGA has well and trully ballsed up something very special and Ill tell you why. Think about this Shenmue 1 was very poorly advertised and had no real general hype (at least thats what i remember of it when it was about to be released in the UK) no one knew about it. Shenmue also had the misfortune to be realesed on a console that floped. Also, Shenmue 1 was realesed universally on dreamcast. Shenmue 2 was only released for dreamcast in the UK and it had jap subtitles cos they wanted it out soon as whereas lots of US fans had to wait for the XBOX vertion, how many people do you think lost interest in that time? And the most stupid thing of all to do is to go and start developing an online game for the PC. So what you have basically got is a game that has spanned three different platforms. What are the chances that you would have had the last two consoles it was on? If and even if you did what are the chances you'd have played shenmue? So most PC gamers wont be interested cos they all of a sudden have this series that has poped up out of nowhere on there PC's thats its never been on before.
And heres the final thing, if you asked every shenmue fan in the world, "What would you rather have in your hands Shenmue online or Shenmue 3?" what do you think the answer would be?

To be honest, i wouldnt want SEGA to develop Shenmue 3, the crap they have released recently makes me think they would detroys it even further than they have.
N-C-V
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:53 pm

Well this topic and it's supposed, 'campaign' died a quiet, tragic death. R.I.P. :(
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Dragnoix » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:25 am

2 points to make.

1. First, we need to stop thinking about this latest speculation about the future of the series, look back, and think about what we got to experience with the 2 games that we have. If you think about it, everything evens out. The happiness and sheer joy we've felt from playing 100-1000's of videogames over the years combined, has been matched and tripled by Shenmue with only 2 installments.

We really need to step back and appreciate the fact that we were able to experience, and FEEL such a piece of complete brilliance. No other game can compare, and to be able to experience such a world for a second time is more then a privilege. Shenmue has done what it was supposed to do, broaden you perspective of what real videogame art is and regarding it as the best game ever conceived.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that us fans are missing out on at the moment is a completion of the story, we've felt and experienced in a videogame what alot of gamers and everyday people haven't even felt in natural life. Shenmue 1 was a blessing, Shenmue 2 was a privilege to feel that amazing feeling once again. This game should not be spoken in vain.

2. Shenmue is STILL not officially cancelled.
Dragnoix
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III