"Just gotta have a little faith"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

"Just gotta have a little faith"

Postby FRASIER » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 am

Is there anyone in this dojo losing faith in Shenmue 3? I mean honestly what is it 5 years and not a chestnut! I've seen some posts by you guys saying for e.g "just face it shenmue 3 is not coming out ever " I've seen these everywhere in different forms! I myself am remaining sceptical, what about you guys honestly, is hope fading? I've done investigitve work myself and I have had no joy, they just treat Shenmue 3's release as a joke! I remain confident that 2007 will be a good year in terms of announcements, how is morale here? honestly
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alimn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:38 am

Don't worry man...
If they can finish & release Shenmue Online sooner
I hope that we will see Shenmue III after it...(simple reply, huh?)

Let's face the fact, SEGA and YS both know that we need SIII
more than anythingI else but If Shenmue 3 is a YS game
then we shouldn't expect to see it before SO.

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby FRASIER » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:19 am

Yeah, but do YS and Microsoft actually care i mean what do they see in it for them? I think what i'm trying to say is what do they care about a few thousand fans? When Microsoft are selling millions of copies of Gears and soon Halo 3, I know it sounds harsh but surely there is truth here?
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: "Just gotta have a little faith"

Postby OL » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Look at it like this: you've been here since december, a lot of us have been here for a good few years. And every year, we all hear or say something similar to:
FRASIER wrote:I remain confident that 2007 will be a good year in terms of announcements...

For a long time now, every new year that comes around, people say stuff like that. But guess what comes of it?
Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Year after year the same thing. Every gaming convention that comes along, people get excited that there may be some news, but there never is.
That's why most people around here are skeptical.

Personally, I don't lean either way; it may come about eventually, and it may not.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Re: "Just gotta have a little faith"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:45 pm

Orange Lightning wrote:Look at it like this: you've been here since december, a lot of us have been here for a good few years. And every year, we all hear or say something similar to:
FRASIER wrote:I remain confident that 2007 will be a good year in terms of announcements...

For a long time now, every new year that comes around, people say stuff like that. But guess what comes of it?
Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Year after year the same thing. Every gaming convention that comes along, people get excited that there may be some news, but there never is.
That's why most people around here are skeptical.

Personally, I don't lean either way; it may come about eventually, and it may not.

True, and it's hard that these new members have to learn it the hard way like the rest of us (when the shit hits the fan; SEGA saying not yet, ask me later all the time).

I personally think it will come, eventually.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Focused___Soul » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm

If Shenmue III does come, great. Although if it simply dissapears without even an official cancelling of the series I won't be the one kicking up a fuss about it.
Sega put alot of money into a franchise that did not pay off as well as it should have, I just think they aren't willing to risk making the same mistake again.
Focused___Soul
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby VGAce » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:03 am

I just don't think about it. I think the chances are good that it will eventually come out, but when that is I don't know. Until then, I occupy my life with, well, life. I reserve my faith for matters of greater importance than a video game.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FRASIER » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:18 am

I couldnt have put it better myself Mr VGAce
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragon Light » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:22 am

yh probably agree
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sparky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:50 am

All fans of the Shenmue series has been waiting for any scrap of news over the "development" of SIII, wether being a long term member of this forum or not.

The only glimmer of hope that the fans can hold on to is there has not been a definite NO to production.

Yes we have told thats its been shelved, postponed, gone into hibernation etc etc, but still not a definite NO.

If the series isn't going to be finished via SIII, I don't understand why there hasn't been any conformation on this. IF SO will be the only option, surely it will be in the creator's interest (financially) to inform all fans that SO is going to be the completion of the series in order to get as many subcsribers as possible?

If eveyone lost their faith altogther, then the SIII part of the forum might as well shut down.

C'mon, the glass if half full and all that crap :D
Sparky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Nick Tyndall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 am

We all know Shenmue III is coing out this year. Yu Suzuki is working on Shenmue Online and until that is released there is not going to be anything on Shenmue III. Another problem is that Shenmue II is 6 years old and millions of new gamers have enterd the market (so to speak) so releasing a Shenmue III would be stupid as alot of people dont know there is a S1 and S2, so they might have to start for sratch and that would be a long time, plus it will be expensive so they might not release it atall.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bobs Pizza » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:43 pm

Nick Tyndall wrote: plus it will be expensive so they might not release it atall.

Im not sure on that one. Think about it. Gears of War, Zelda etc are most likely the same cost to make as Shenmue was, maybe even more.
Bobs Pizza
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon Light » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:45 pm

fucking hell the wait can really fuck you up when you got nothing better to occupy your time than ponder about videogames
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SirGamesAlot » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:18 pm

Im not sure on that one. Think about it. Gears of War, Zelda etc are most likely the same cost to make as Shenmue was, maybe even more.

Todate Shenmue is the most expensive game ever created, estimated at over 2 million dollars.
SirGamesAlot
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Nick Tyndall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:15 pm

But GOW and Zelda are guarateed to sale, plus the companies have bigger pockets than Sega
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III