(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:44 pm

God dammit
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Re: Shenmue Update (Email from Adam Doree)

Postby LanDC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:04 pm

I'll be god damned. Fuck? I'm not really sure. Hmm, I'll be god fucking damned. That's basically all the input I have to offer on this subject.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiD » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Well said LanDC, that's exactly how everyone here probably feels... it's how I feel at least.

You know what really bothers me, is that Shenmue is a far better game than Yakuza (IMO), and Yakuza did a lot better than Shenmue in the Japanese market. And the only reason I see to why that is, is because Yakuza was on the PS2. Had Shenmue been on the PS2 to start with, I'm sure we would have seen SIII by now.

But we can't really do anything about that now... what's done is done
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alimn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:24 pm

Thanks to Adam for this e-mail & thanks to Hellraiser for posting it.

His e-mail is clearly saying that "Shenmue Online has been cancelled",
but this e-mail can't be a good reason for saying "Shenmue is dead".

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:29 pm

I am curious as to how much Sammy (no use in calling them Sega anymore) would let the Shenmue franchise go for, considering how greedy Sammy is I would probably think alot. At the same time though, if they have no plans to do anything with the franchise they have no reason not to sell the rights. Although it would probably have to be cleared that Suzuki was going to work on this game before they would release the rights to Shenmue. That being said, if they dont want to release the rights to Shenmue, there would have to be a good reason for that (they still have plans for it).

Also, apparently they never offically cancel anything. I mean they confirmed Shenmue III shortly after II was released, then DC died Sammy took over and we all got fucked, and nothing was said on the situation offically. I would think the same thing is going to happen here, just let it slowly fade from everyones minds, instead of having the balls to actually explain what the fuck is happening with the game and franchise.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby random331 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:36 pm

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LuckyLuciano » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 pm

I'm glad that Shenmue online has been canceled. It was a bad idea from the beginning. And if this is end of Shenmue for Sega so be it. It is time for Sega to release the rights of the game so another company can develop it. Or release the script so we know how it ends. Thats it if we won't see it other wise.
LuckyLuciano
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Location: The Place where Shenmue 3 is hidden. It's nice here.

Postby Rukawa » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:24 pm

KiD wrote:Well said LanDC, that's exactly how everyone here probably feels... it's how I feel at least.

You know what really bothers me, is that Shenmue is a far better game than Yakuza (IMO), and Yakuza did a lot better than Shenmue in the Japanese market. And the only reason I see to why that is, is because Yakuza was on the PS2. Had Shenmue been on the PS2 to start with, I'm sure we would have seen SIII by now.

But we can't really do anything about that now... what's done is done

If Shenmue was in the PS2, we already will be playing Shenmue 5.
Rukawa
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Dallow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 pm

What a shame. :(

But I'm not giving up on Shenmue III. Never. I could be 75 years old, pissing my pants in an old folks home, I'll still be waiting for that game.
Dallow
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: CapnCnut
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2

Postby Yutaka Suzuki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:07 pm

sorry

but i don't believe in that at all , actually there is no reason to believe it

i can't take anything from anyone but Suzuki san himself or SEGA at least
Yutaka Suzuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Adam Doree wrote:Sorry about this.
Adam

Aww, shucks! Come here, ya little rascal! Give your uncle Joe a BIG HUG! :D

--

Seriously... Never do that again.
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LanDC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Yutaka Suzuki wrote:sorry

but i don't believe in that at all , actually there is no reason to believe it

i can't take anything from anyone but Suzuki san himself or SEGA at least

You're lucky if you're waiting to hear it from them first, because your optimism for Shenmue will remain intact for a while to come.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Milky Joe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:55 pm

O man, this isn't how it should end. I was 50/50 for any shenmue related news comming but this just seals it. At least they could have publicly announced it or something, rather than leaking it through a source. Shenmue deserves more respect than that, I am fucking boycotting anything made SEGA related now (even those kickass arcade games)

Now that its over I can finally move on, at least we were graced with the first 2.

Lest we forget
Milky Joe
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:24 pm

If it really became this way during the last month then it must have something to do with Sammy's total take over recently.

What I would like to see happening now is Yu leaving Sega-Sammy. Prefferably as fast as possible since he's obviously wasting his time there. He has been since the DC died practically, with them cancelling whatever he did.

*listens to Strapping Young Lad - You Suck*
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:10 pm

What a crying shame.

You'd think the least Sega could do would be to come out and give us a certain "It's Over." as opposed to the "You'll see!" tag line they keep feeding us every year. But even that seems too much to ask. You're dead to me Sega. Dead.

Thanks to Hell for once again keeping us in the loop, even when Sega/Yu Suzuki cannot.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III