Western release of Shenmue City planned, says Yu Suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Western release of Shenmue City planned, says Yu Suzuki

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:well thats what you get for keeping on hasseling him and saying things like "we dont care in what format just give us the end of the story" "it doesnt have to be a game a book or a comic will be more then enougth" now its time to assume your acts people :twisted:

No, it's just his way to do something with the series. He doesn't want to have it standing still, all respect for that. With a bit of luck, even if he ends doing something with Shenmue Gai that goes beyond the story of Shenmue II it will be through side stories, only hinting here Ryo's quest his taking him.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Panda_rapist » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:50 pm

it was a joke... but come to think of it that probably influenced him alot to do this
Panda_rapist

Postby Peter » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Judging by the recent comments by Sega, it looks as though Shenmue City could be a launch title for Segas plans for 2011/2012:

SEGA wrote:"In the home video game software industry, the demand was generally weak in the U.S. and European markets due to the headwind like sluggish personal consumption. The group needs to adapt to changing business environment in which the market demand for new content geared to social networking services [and] smartphone is expanding.

GAMESPOT wrote:To address that, the company said it is establishing "a full-scale development program" specifically for work on platforms like Facebook and mobile phones
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Supa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 am

Could be. Hopefully. They already have SEGA PLAY! Baseball and MLB Manager Online. Plus PlaySEGA.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

Peter wrote:Judging by the recent comments by Sega, it looks as though Shenmue City could be a launch title for Segas plans for 2011/2012:

SEGA wrote:"In the home video game software industry, the demand was generally weak in the U.S. and European markets due to the headwind like sluggish personal consumption. The group needs to adapt to changing business environment in which the market demand for new content geared to social networking services [and] smartphone is expanding.

GAMESPOT wrote:To address that, the company said it is establishing "a full-scale development program" specifically for work on platforms like Facebook and mobile phones

Nice.
All signs point to eventually releasing this to the west aswell then. The same problem as always remains though, will Sega recognize Shenmue Town as a game suitable for the west?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ToL » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I havent been here in about a year. So I'll just say...

Give us shenmue 3 already...

Gah! :P
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:31 pm

ToL wrote:I havent been here in about a year. So I'll just say...

Give us shenmue 3 already...

Gah! :P

Yu left Sega.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43474
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Coo.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Why is it taking so long to release Shenmue Gai in NA/Europe?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby ys » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Peter wrote:Judging by the recent comments by Sega, it looks as though Shenmue City could be a launch title for Segas plans for 2011/2012:

In other words, concentrating less on "real" games and making more of those casual things. Which could be good for a possible Shenmue City release but maybe bad in general when it comes to console gaming in the future.

I'm not really waiting for this personally but it would be interesting to see if it arrives here since it's been very silent regarding plans like these.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Not worth making a topic so I'll post it here. Typical Sega nonsense we have been hearing for years...bla bla bla no plans... bla bla bla.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/23/sega-to ... o-5-years/
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

The article said there are no plans for Shenmue city to be released in the west. It makes no sense I thought Yu said he is planning to bring it over seas.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 pm

The_Intruder wrote:The article said there are no plans for Shenmue city to be released in the west. It makes no sense I thought Yu said he is planning to bring it over seas.

Even if he did he is leaving sega next month and Sega holds the rights.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Ever since SEGA merge with Sammy they are not the same anymore. I think Sammy must be the one holding back Shenmue 3 for being released. I remember the Kikizo article saying Shenmue 3 is near complete and ready for some time, but in hibernation, pending a deal for the entire series on atleast one Next-Gen console.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

The_Intruder wrote:Ever since SEGA merge with Sammy they are not the same anymore. I think Sammy must be the one holding back Shenmue 3 for being released. I remember the Kikizo article saying Shenmue 3 is near complete and ready for some time, but in hibernation, pending a deal for the entire series on atleast one Next-Gen console.

Sammy saved Sega. Yeah the transition was rough for fans for a bit but TBH if Sammy had not come in there would be no Sega anymore. Sega was shit with business decisions. As for the article that was never confirmed and a debate if that was real or not. Sega is actually doing well now and publishing great games from PG games getting Sonic back on track with Colors and Shinobi coming out on 3DS and PSO2. I'm actually pretty pleased with Sega now. granted will never be the sega we grew up with since they are no longer in the console business. Only Sega had itself to blame for going in the whole and it started with Sega CD then 32X then Saturn then yes sadly Shenmue contributed also and many other various decisions by Sega like supporting to many systems in multiple countries at once. Sega kept digging thier own grave and DC almosy everything was done right but to little to late.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III