Giant Bomb talks to Adam Boyes about Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Giant Bomb talks to Adam Boyes about Shenmue 3

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:12 pm

It seems to me Adam truly cares. As far as the dude on the right (I forgot his name and remember him from his GameSpot days), the minute he cursed I got a weird vibe. This guy is a douche.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 am

Playstation is still a brand I don't really like. I own a PS4 and PS3 but that fanboyism since I was a kid against Sony, never really made me like the playstation brand.

I hated the PS2 because it was the final coffin on the dreamcast so I felt that the Xbox was the spiritual successor specially since the controller was very similar to the dreamcast controller.

I also felt that Sony has done shady/greedy things and have gotten a pass by modern gamers which rustles me.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:52 am

ImGladUmad wrote: I also felt that Sony has done shady/greedy things and have gotten a pass by modern gamers which rustles me.

Like every company out there? Not saying that this makes it right but you might as well be anti corporation all together instead of targeting sony in particular in that case.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:57 am

To be honest consoles this day and age don't provide anything that a pc doesn't do.

And since they are the ones actually "getting shit done" makes me wonder about the future of videogames.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:03 am

Microsoft pressured Sony to do big announcements since PS4 has no first party games coming out this season.

If Sony went to E3 and showed no games it would damage the PS4 brand heavily. So Sony went for the impossible games. Being Shenmue III the third shocker after The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII remake.

Sony has a division set to pick up indy projects and make them console exclusive. Sony IS supporting Shenmue III but they won't fund it, this is our job. Mainly, they will support it with marketing.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III