Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals revealed.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals reveal

Postby ys » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:47 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I can't believe any of you think they're spending a significant amount on subtitles. I doubt many of the stretch goals have much to do with the actual amount they're hoping to reach.

I don't think that they reflect the actual cost (which is a lot less) since it's more about drawing in extra funding of course. I just doubt that enough people donate to justify the gap. On the other hand, they'll reallocate funds anyway and have external funding. So who knows? Maybe they can add a few things anyway that weren't officially reached as a goal. As an investor it can be worth it to fund a bit more so the overall result improves a lot.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: I'm also quite weary of this whole subtitle thing. I just hope that in the long run all those subtitles will work in favor of Shenmue 3. But neither S1 nor S2 ever had Spanish, French, German or Italian, let alone Portuguese subtitles to begin with.

It's been discussed before, but at least in Spain, Italy and France the lack of subtitles in the national languages actually was a deal-breaker for many potential buyers. People there aren't as proficient in English as the Scandinavians, the Germans, the Austrians, the Dutch and basically all native speakers of Germanic languages. I think you are seriously underestimating the reality of the language barrier.

Hyo Razuki wrote: Also how will they get people from Portugal or Brazil who don't speak English to pledge, if they can't even read the KS page?

Yes, this is a problem that should actually be addressed. If it hasn't been done already, maybe I should start translating at least the Kickstarter's main page into French. The only thing is I don't know where I would host the page and how to get the word out that the translation exists. Any suggestions?
PacemaŜinobo
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 am

Hey, there's lots of replies to go through but I've been wondering what the magic maze could be and this Neogaf user had something interesting to say:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=9511
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:25 am

Peter wrote:May be optimistic here, but I am expecting at least a half million to come in today.

Mate, that's not being optimistic, that's having delusions of grandeur. I would be absolutely shocked, and very happy if we even managed 50K today.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 am

I agree, ElephantStone. I originally thought they'd make it to at least $8 million by the end of the Kickstarter, but I overestimated the series' fanbase and didn't realize that we'd pretty much be in the top 5 most funded projects of all time were that to happen.

This is a horribly managed campaign (it's gotten better, though), so I think we should be extremely thankful Sony gave Shenmue 3 the exposure it deserves. The video sucks and Awesome Japan is not utilizing social media correctly or doing a good job explaining why anyone should care about the stretch goals.

A lot of people are angry at Sony, but they pretty much ensured the game would get made by putting it on stage at E3. I think we'll see most of the planned features if they keep the stretch goals alive through further Paypal/whatever funding after the Kickstarter ends, so I think we should remain optimistic.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:50 am

Hopefully these get ported to Shenmue.link after KS. Then, we can all take a few bucks out of our salaries for the game every month via patreon and see those funds grow.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Hopefully these get ported to Shenmue.link after KS. Then, we can all take a few bucks out of our salaries for the game every month via patreon and see those funds grow.

Yes Patreon does seem the right kind of platform to do this. Has it been brought to the staff's attention yet?
PacemaŜinobo

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:55 am

ElephantStone wrote:
Peter wrote:May be optimistic here, but I am expecting at least a half million to come in today.

Mate, that's not being optimistic, that's having delusions of grandeur. I would be absolutely shocked, and very happy if we even managed 50K today.

I'd rather be positive and even entertain delusions of grandeur than piss and moan about everything that's updated thanks.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:57 am

PacemaŜinobo wrote:
killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Hopefully these get ported to Shenmue.link after KS. Then, we can all take a few bucks out of our salaries for the game every month via patreon and see those funds grow.

Yes Patreon does seem the right kind of platform to do this. Has it been brought to the staff's attention yet?

I actually meant paypal but my mind went elsewhere :lol:

The way I see it, more options of payments = more money. Since everyone has their preferred method.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:02 am

Peter wrote:I'd rather be positive and even entertain delusions of grandeur than piss and moan about everything that's updated thanks.

I'm not pissing and moaning though, it's just basic mathematics. "Being positive" doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 am

Time will tell if I am wrong. Not if you say so bub. Simple.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 am

Yeah, it will. Kicktraq shows that we've raised 10K so far, so yeah, I'd say if you genuinely think there is any chance whatsoever in another 490K coming in the next 16 or so hours, that's delusional.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks for your opinion.

Moving on...
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am

ElephantStone wrote: Yeah, it will. Kicktraq shows that we've raised 10K so far, so yeah, I'd say if you genuinely think there is any chance whatsoever in another 490K coming in the next 16 or so hours, that's delusional.

25k to 30k per day until the last days spike?
The "$30 on the 3rd" campaign might also boost it a bit.
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Peter wrote: Thanks for your opinion.

Moving on...

No worries, bub.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext