KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Yu Suzuki thanks you for your dropped pledge. I hope they cancel the game because of all the whining brats. Then we'll see how much these trivialities matter. I remember years ago when everyone said they'd do anything for this game. Now we're moaning about what special token our money gets us.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Yu Suzuki thanks you for your dropped pledge. I hope they cancel the game because of all the whining brats. Then we'll see how much these trivialities matter. I remember years ago when everyone said they'd do anything for this game. Now we're moaning about what special token our money gets us.

Please, feel free to donate $10,000 of your own money to make up for it you "whiny brat."
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 pm

The game matters more to me than the way their third rate marketing group runs their Kickstarter. A real team I trust is working on the game and I want the game more than anything. I'm not going to try to sink their efforts because some kids on a laptop don't understand how to arrange award tiers to best flatter all of us.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:12 pm

That's great, how much have you pledged? Less than $10,000? Why are you sinking their efforts, man? Why are you hurting the kickstarter and Yu Suzuki's feelings by not getting a second mortgage to fund this game? You're just a whiny brat, right?

Seriously though, fuck you for insulting anyone lowering their pledge. People shouldn't feel bad about not wanting to fund more than they can reasonably afford when the campaign is being run this terribly.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Mystere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Dropping your pledge because AJ are running this KS horrendously isn't going make Awesome Japan lose any sleep at night. For $800 you get what you get... either you want it or not. Shenmue III and Yu Suzuki need us, Awesome Japan don't.

Mystere has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Dragon St., mjq jazz bar
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kobe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Boys, Is the fight over now?
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Yeah, no offence, but I don't understand dropping your pledge out of spite. I'd understand someone dropping their pledge if they realised they could no longer justify the cost or dropping their pledge because a new lower tier sounded more lucrative, but to just call it all confusing? For $800, there's no confusion. You're getting everything stated.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Mystere wrote: Dropping your pledge because AJ are running this KS horrendously isn't going make Awesome Japan lose any sleep at night. For $800 you get what you get... either you want it or not. Shenmue III and Yu Suzuki need us, Awesome Japan don't.

I'm not dropping my pledge to "hurt" AJ, I don't care about AJ. I'm dropping it because they have devalued what I was pledging for to the point where I can't justify it financially.

Reprise wrote: Yeah, no offence, but I don't understand dropping your pledge out of spite. I'd understand someone dropping their pledge if they realised they could no longer justify the cost or dropping their pledge because a new lower tier sounded more lucrative, but to just call it all confusing? For $800, there's no confusion. You're getting everything stated.

Not doing it out of spite, please don't make assumptions. I didn't mean this to become about what I'm personally doing anyway, so if people could keep their opinions on me to themselves, that'd be great. Just giving my personal example as I believe a lot of people have done similarly because of the dilution of their pledge rewards.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:33 pm

lol following this kick starter is too stressful, I think i'll see what comes out of the #Youaskyu twitter questions and then stay away for a week lol.

I've done my bit with a $1500 pledge and a $80... while ElephantStone's pledge change is overly dramatic and disproportionate to the situation we can't deny they have gone way OTT with the tiers and caused damage to the KS...

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: James Brown
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:36 pm

I know. Like I said, they've fucked it about too much.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:37 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: I've done my bit with a $1500 pledge and a $80... while ElephantStone's pledge change is overly dramatic and disproportionate to the situation we can't deny they have gone way OTT with the tiers and caused damage to the KS...

TIL not being able to afford to give nearly a grand to a kickstarter is being overly dramatic. Yeah okay. Feel free to make up the difference yourself mate.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:44 pm

ElephantStone wrote: That's great, how much have you pledged? Less than $10,000? Why are you sinking their efforts, man? Why are you hurting the kickstarter and Yu Suzuki's feelings by not getting a second mortgage to fund this game? You're just a whiny brat, right?

Seriously though, fuck you for insulting anyone lowering their pledge. People shouldn't feel bad about not wanting to fund more than they can reasonably afford when the campaign is being run this terribly.

Have an argument or debate all you want, but dont cross that line you just did right there.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:45 pm

ElephantStone wrote: TIL not being able to afford to give nearly a grand to a kickstarter is being overly dramatic. Yeah okay. Feel free to make up the difference yourself mate.

that isn't the reason you gave for lowering your pledge, but I'm not interested in arguing :) (see below)

ElephantStone wrote: Yeah... sorry guys. I'll be dropping my pledge from $800 to $60 until AJ actually make things clearer, and sort out the higher tiers. No fucking way am I dropping that amount on something run so horrendously. If they take this weekend off as they have been doing, I can't even imagine how badly the KS is going to stall.

ElephantStone wrote:
I'm not dropping my pledge to "hurt" AJ, I don't care about AJ. I'm dropping it because they have devalued what I was pledging for to the point where I can't justify it financially.

nothing there about "not being able to afford it".. just that you didn't like how its run and that's why.. so my comment on your response being disproportionate stands..
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:48 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: that isnt the reason you gave for lowering your pledge, but I'm not interested in arguing :)

No you just didn't read what I said and made an assumption. Again, please feel free to up your pledge to make up for me.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:51 pm

[-X
You're about to get slapped for posting like that. Step away from your computer and go for a walk. Or something. Just calm down, man.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III