Money just been collected!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Money just been collected!

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Reprise wrote: Looking on Facebook, quite a few people's payments have been declined.... I hope this doesn't affect the final funding level and people manage to get it fixed. Seems like someone made 6 accounts and some of the payments got declined. No offence to anyone here who might have done that, but that always sounded like a dumb decision to me. That's just begging to have your bank block the transactions for suspicious activity.

I rang the bank beforehand to let them know, and the lady put a note on my account that apparently they always check if something pops up as suspicious. My money went out fine btw, couple of months of trying my best to not buy anything I don't need now :P
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:42 pm

RIP $300 :beerchug:
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:50 pm

I admit mine got declined at first. I guess my card got flagged as I never used it to pay off a big purchase off the internet. A phone call should suffice for all the people out there who got their Kickstarter payment declined.

Glad to sell my soul for Shenmue 3. Now off I go to apply for a new credit card to pay off this one. :rotflmao:
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby phinal » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Yes! My $1200 has finally been collected.
phinal
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: Tachyon

Postby zema » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:03 pm

My card has been charged. Phew what a relief.
zema
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: zema7777
Nintendo FC: zema7777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Charged! Very happy with that.

I'd gladly pay a "Shenmue tax" every month to make the game the best it can be. I'm certainly willing to do the "30 on the 3rd" thing every month.
Chaikilla

Postby SMDzero » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Yes! My $185 was collected by the kickstarter!!!! :mrgreen: Wonder why it was taken from Manitowac WI???
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby wdrpgwd » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:36 pm

A load of my money is gone... 8-[ and I have a hangover from celebrating... :-&
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Just checked on Facebook and there's still lots of people complaining of their payment being decline and neither Kickstarter or the bank are claiming responsibility. One of the guys who pledged $10,000 can't get his payment through and he's tried contacting his bank with no luck :(

I hope people get this sorted, because not only am I concerned of the loss of funding, but also mostly it sucks for those people are wanted to back and wanted their rewards.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Reprise wrote: Just checked on Facebook and there's still lots of people complaining of their payment being decline and neither Kickstarter or the bank are claiming responsibility. One of the guys who pledged $10,000 can't get his payment through and he's tried contacting his bank with no luck :(

I hope people get this sorted, because not only am I concerned of the loss of funding, but also mostly it sucks for those people are wanted to back and wanted their rewards.

That's odd, as the bank should direct the guy to the person (or CC company) in charge of releasing the funds. I doubt Kickstarter is responsible as my transaction didn't go smoothly at first, but one call to the CC company solved my problem.

Well they still have an entire week to take care of this. I wish them luck.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:20 pm

To be honest, I'm kind of shocked that people don't own more than one bank account or credit card. If I had any problems, I would have just tried a different account...

I'm sure people will get it sorted. I guess they're just panicking and I don't blame them, since there's "only" 7 days to get it fixed. I'm sure both Kickstarter and their bank(s) have good enough customer service in place to sort the issue.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Honestly, I'm not worried one bit.
Anyone who's ever had a transaction blocked in the past knows that a simple phone call tends to resolve everything.

As for the ones with multiple, multiple accounts who all get declined....well, they're diehard fans. Worst case/ end of the world scenario, they'll just be late backers via Paypal.

Relax, Reprise, it'll all work out! :)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:26 pm

punkmanced wrote:Anyone who's ever had a transaction blocked in the past knows that a simple phone call tends to resolve everything.

Yep, that's what I thought, but there's people claiming they have tried phoning the bank and they're claiming no knowledge of the transaction and telling them to try Kickstarter instead. The guy who pledged 10,000 says he's spoken to the bank multiple times with no luck :???:

I'll try to relax though. It's just disconcerting to see so many people complaining about declined payments.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:08 pm

My heart skipped a beat when it told me it was declined, but I sorted.

But also declined my other 185 pledge, I'll see what the problem is with that also tomorrow.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 pm

i have received emails on all my accounts that 'Your pledge to Shenmue 3 has been collected!'

but no money has come out of my bank account yet. does kickstarter actually email you if its declined?
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III