So that means Nintendo never had their chance. Cedric :rotflmao:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: Phil Spencer (Xbox) talks about Shenmue 3

Postby LucBu » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

I'm sure Phil Spencer will be ok with the failing Halo series. I mean hey, the strategy to bleed out Halo's story toward that ending where Cortana is revieved as a physical woman due to the technology of the forerunners for the next ten years will also be a pretty go- oh wait.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:07 pm

This needs to be shown to those who continually insist it's Yu or YsNet's fault Shenmue 3 won't be coming to Xbox One. as I've said repeatedly, that was always more in MS's hands than Yu's. IMHO.

I have nothing against Phil Spencer, and prefer him IMMEASURABLY to Don "maybe if you live on a submarine you don't have internet, but we have a console for you too, it's called Xbox 350" Mattrick.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:21 pm

LucBu wrote: I'm sure Phil Spencer will be ok with the failing Halo series. I mean hey, the strategy to bleed out Halo's story toward that ending where Cortana is revieved as a physical woman due to the technology of the forerunners for the next ten years will also be a pretty go- oh wait.

And speaking of Halo, Halo Wars 2 is being made by Creative Assembly. CA are owned by...

SEGA

:-s What a weird 'small world' this is
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:24 pm

NeoShredder wrote:
LucBu wrote: I'm sure Phil Spencer will be ok with the failing Halo series. I mean hey, the strategy to bleed out Halo's story toward that ending where Cortana is revieved as a physical woman due to the technology of the forerunners for the next ten years will also be a pretty go- oh wait.

And speaking of Halo, Halo Wars 2 is being made by Creative Assembly. CA are owned by...

SEGA

:-s What a weird 'small world' this is

Was upset to learn Alien: Isolation 2 wasn't CA's next game. They blew me away with the first title. One hell of an exhaustive and nerve shredding journey.
In all honesty, HW2 couldn't be in finer hands.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:15 am

Aimless Gamer wrote: He really is a great guy but I think he made a mistake.

Good for gamers though, since now they wont be forced to buy a XBOX One for a single game lol(since if It's not a FPS, hack n slash Action or sports game, you wont find it on XBOX One. MS has some really retarded policies, they refuse to allow certain genres on their consoles)

To topic: I saw the video as soon as it was posted, and laughed my but off, at how he was trying to downplay the Shenmue 3 deal that he let slip out of his hands.

MS really never understood how the gaming industry works, that's howcome they paid who knows how many millions to get Shenmue 2, yet when they saw Sega wasn't advertising, they did nothing, instead of advertising it them selves lol, what ignorant fools. However I must say, I'm very happy MS got burned on the Shenmue 2 deal in the end(sucks almost no one in NA knew it existed when it was released though), serves them right for making deals with a scumbag like Peter Moore.

However I'm sure in reality, they are really regretting passing up on Shenmue 3, lets face it, MS needed the PR boost more then anyone, after going along with EAs scam to force DRM on everyone, plus that big brother BS. Nevermind the fact, why the hell wouldn't you want a 100% unique, high profile game on your console. Seriously 14 years after the last Shenmue game(real Shenmue game, don't mention that mobile crap), and there is absolutely nothing even remotely close to being similar to the Shenmue games.

I'm sure he knows he screwed the pooch on the Shenmue 3 deal, and It's funny hearing him trying to weasel his way out of answering questions that will only make him seem like the dumbest person in the world, if he were to actually answer them :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III