PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Kindled_One » Sat May 21, 2016 1:31 pm

---
Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One
Asia Travel Representative

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Spaghetti » Sat May 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Kindled_One wrote: @Spaghetti: thank you!

Cedric Biscay confirmed that the PC version will be available in the SBC:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CedricBiscay ... 3921442817

The sooner, the better! :)

He's confirmed it before, but a straight-forward and pointed "Yes" is a lot more definite than "It will come eventually/It is planned". Next update maybe?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kindled_One » Sat May 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 am

This is starting to get kind of ridiculous; actually, it's been ridiculous for a while. I'm glad that they're contemplating adding options, but the game is supposedly a little over a year away from release and has a final budget. How long has it been since they opened the Slacker Backer?

I'm sure there's a good reason they've taken so long to include PC and Kickstarter upgrade options (I hope it's not just incompetence), but I think it's too late for either to have much of an impact at this point. Maybe that's not the point. I don't think they're going to reach many people when, or if, they add these options, though. Their audience has significantly diminished since the summer of 2015, unfortunately. Most people aren't going to notice.

Just getting kind of tired of getting excited about these Cedric tweets, which have been a thing for what, seven months now?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Spaghetti » Sun May 22, 2016 10:24 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: This is starting to get kind of ridiculous; actually, it's been ridiculous for a while. I'm glad that they're contemplating adding options, but the game is supposedly a little over a year away from release and has a final budget. How long has it been since they opened the Slacker Backer?

I'm sure there's a good reason they've taken so long to include PC and Kickstarter upgrade options (I hope it's not just incompetence), but I think it's too late for either to have much of an impact at this point. Maybe that's not the point. I don't think they're going to reach many people when, or if, they add these options, though. Their audience has significantly diminished since the summer of 2015, unfortunately. Most people aren't going to notice.

Just getting kind of tired of getting excited about these Cedric tweets, which have been a thing for what, seven months now?

Every little bit helps, so I'm certainly not going to turn away the chance to put more money into the project. Worrying about the hows and whys is pointless when there's nothing we can do, as fans, to move things along. Well, besides keeping Cedric and company aware these are still desired and expected.

I wouldn't get bogged down in if we reach certain numbers or not with any increases to monthly backing amounts. If the PC version and KS upgrades brings in another couple thousand a month, that could easily pay for more staff to be brought onto the Shenmue III project.

We have to remember, the stretch goals aren't what it costs to implement a feature, it's effectively the time, resources, and people to research, experiment, prototype, and then implement the feature. Even if we don't hit $7 million or above, the money raised is helping increase the number of staff on the project and raise the overall production qualities of the title.

Yeah it would have been nice if this was all prompt and smooth to capitalise on the initial hype, but we knew we weren't going to get that when it became apparent Awesome Japan were inadequate for a production of this size. We've just got to accept things as they are and stay on their case when things aren't changing. We know they're finally listening after the logo u-turn, so maybe they're getting their act together at long last.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Mon May 23, 2016 9:09 am

Amir wrote:
Amir wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Kiske wrote:13th May

$6,605,200 --> $6,605,887 (+$687, $687 per day)

72,387 --> 72,394 backers (+7) ($98.15 per backer)

17th May

$6,605,887 --> $6,608,141 (+$2254, $563.5 per day)

72,394 --> 72,418 backers (+24) ($93.9 per backer)

18th May

$6,608,141 --> $6,608,196 (+$55, $55 per day)

72,418 --> 72,420 backers (+2) ($27.5 per backer)

(Yep... time to kill :mrgreen: )

19th May

$6,608,196 --> $6,608,948 (+$752)

72,420 --> 72,427 backers (+7) ($107.43 per backer)

20th May

$6,608,948 --> $6,609,072 (+$124)

72,427 --> 72,429 backers (+2) ($62 per backer)

23rd May

$6,609,072 --> $6,609,356 (+$284) ($94.67 per day)

72,429 --> 72,434 backers (+5) ($56.80 per backer)

Amir has received a thanks from: Kiske
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 pm

In response to more options/more donations gripes...

We don't know how much private investment Shenmue 3 has. There could be 10 million private and 6.5 million public, and from that perspective, the continuation and promotion of a slacker backer campaign can potentially hurt the retail sales of Shenmue 3, which we equally need as badily. For every donation, there's a possibility of a loss of sale at retail due to getting a copy of the game with your reward, so in a way, shut the thing down if you have enough investment to make the full game I say.

But from what I have learned, the PayPal will be running for a while yet.

Peter has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kindled_One » Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One

Postby Peter » Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Because if someone owns the game, why would they buy another copy of the game?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kindled_One » Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Peter wrote: Because if someone owns the game, why would they buy another copy of the game?

Depends. I wanted to buy a second copy so I've got a digital version to play, while my physical Kickstarter copy can be left sealed as a neat piece of videogame history. I also might buy copies to send to friends, give away on GAF/on here, etc.

But really though, we've not got a lot to worry about with slacker backers eating into retail sales. A lot of people are still waiting on the sidelines for Shenmue to properly manifest, and the full marketing blitz to pick up awareness won't begin until next year. There's still plenty of room for people to jump on when it hits retail.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kindled_One » Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 23, 2016 10:18 pm

More funding should in theory make a better game. If the game falls short in areas because it didn't get enough money (say they fell behind in some areas of development because they couldn't afford another three/five staff members), that'll negatively impact the perception of the game and sell less as a result.

If more people pledging to the PayPal campaign can afford more staff, then the game gets improved overall as a result even if we don't manage to hit a specific stretch goal. Good games do sell. Maybe not as much as they should in some cases though, but that's neither here nor there.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kindled_One » Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One

Postby Peter » Tue May 24, 2016 5:23 am

Spaghetti wrote:But really though, we've not got a lot to worry about with slacker backers eating into retail sales. A lot of people are still waiting on the sidelines for Shenmue to properly manifest, and the full marketing blitz to pick up awareness won't begin until next year. There's still plenty of room for people to jump on when it hits retail.

Well no, no really, since that complete speculation. Unless you can see the future, and despite seeming a bit arrogant, I doubt you are that bad.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III