Shenmue 3 stage in testing

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 stage in testing

Postby Himuro » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 pm

The fact that Shenmue III is playable in some form makes me believe in magic.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Rakim
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Himuro wrote: The fact that Shenmue III is playable in some form makes me believe in magic.

We have already seen the E3 trailer "playable" in the back when the programmer was talking (with the default UE4 stock char, but whatever).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:00 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Himuro wrote: The fact that Shenmue III is playable in some form makes me believe in magic.

We have already seen the E3 trailer "playable" in the back when the programmer was talking (with the default UE4 stock char, but whatever).

Yeah the beta he played must have been awful. :P
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:08 pm

shredingskin wrote:

That's hardly playable as Shenmue.

All they did was model the landscape put in a few rocks, dump in some low quality models of Ryo and Shenhua. That was a tech demo and proof of concept, far from a proper game in development.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Yu still said that was really the game. In other words, we have seen the baby Shenmue 3 (or the embryo). How cute.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Yu still said that was really the game. In other words, we have seen the baby Shenmue 3 (or the embryo). How cute.

I know.. isn't she soooo sweeet... wook at dat finger.. :heart:

Yeah it is the basis, but I doubt it had any gameplay. I would think the first build Cedric is referring to is actual Shenmue type game play as opposed to putting Shenmue characters in UE4 environment.
Last edited by fittersau on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 pm

fittersau wrote: That's hardly playable as Shenmue.

Not really, Shenmue is not "a thing", they are trying stuff, so if they just wanted to give him a place to run around to see what it does feel for a Shenmue game, that's quite right.

We are getting ahead of ourselves, the game is in less than pre alpha.

I really like Yu, for trying to do something different.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:12 pm

shredingskin wrote: We are getting ahead of ourselves, the game is in less than pre alpha.

Spot on.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby iyapol » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 am

I completely understand why you would want to avoid spoilers or gameplay footage, but there's a reason a demo was included as part of the KS reward tier.

Yes, it's a sneak preview, a sample of how Shenmue 3 will taste on a modern console. But it's also a tool for the most passionate of Shenmue fans to analyse and provide constructive feedback.

As Yu has stated on a number of occasions, this is a game for the fans. Yu wants the best possible product and he values our opinions.

I'll most definitely be playing the demo and I look forward to any 'spoilers'.

iyapol has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby iyapol » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:34 am

Tweet from Cedric:

@carlbown1 I cannot reply for this. Now we are testing the engine. Despite the good results We're still far to show something to the public.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:09 am

iyapol wrote: Tweet from Cedric:

@carlbown1 I cannot reply for this. Now we are testing the engine. Despite the good results We're still far to show something to the public.

Exactly why I was saying it's still very early days. There's a big difference from using UE4 with a Shenmue setting and characters to a proper Shenmue game that's distinct from generic UE4. The KS videos were quite generic UE4 prototypes that served as a basis for further development of course.

I think it will be better as does Cedric to showcase something that is uniquely Shenmue in flavour where the gameplay and setting will be unmistakably Shenmue. This is where the greatest impact for the fans.. as well as future investors through Paypal.

We have 98 days left, I suspect Ys Net will be working towards putting together another demonstration close to the end of the Paypal campaign. This is where we as fan should also concentrate our efforts.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:23 am

fittersau wrote:

Exactly why I was saying it's still very early days. There's a big difference from using UE4 with a Shenmue setting and characters to a proper Shenmue game that's distinct from generic UE4. The KS videos were quite generic UE4 prototypes that served as a basis for further development of course.

I think it will be better as does Cedric to showcase something that is uniquely Shenmue in flavour where the gameplay and setting will be unmistakably Shenmue. This is where the greatest impact for the fans.. as well as future investors through Paypal.

We have 98 days left, I suspect Ys Net will be working towards putting together another demonstration close to the end of the Paypal campaign. This is where we as fan should also concentrate our efforts.

That or HD Collection annoucement [-o<
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby fittersau » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Kiske wrote:
fittersau wrote:

That or HD Collection annoucement [-o<

I think a Shenmue HD announcement will be separate to this. If SEGA are working on releasing Shenmue HD, my gut feeling is they'll announce something next year, maybe at E3 June 2016 for Christmas 2016 and we'll get Shenmue 3 in Christmas 2017.. wow back to back Shenmue Christmas pressies. How awesome. :mrgreen:
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III