Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:25 am

Julo will publish his interview tomorrow on Gameblog. Here a sample :

J : You've been clear about the fact that Shenmue III will not conclude the complete story of the saga. But what will be the percentage of what remains to be told in Shenmue III ?
Yu Suzuki : The Shenmue story in its entirety will be normally divided, from the beginning to the end, into 11 chapters. Shenmue III will cover chapter 5 and 6.

Even a Shenmue 4 might not be enough to conclude the saga. Ideally, do you think a fifth or even a sixth episode would be necessary at this rate ?
YS : No, I wouldn't go that far ! Rather than going until Shenmue 6, I would like to rearrange things in order to reach the end sooner, even if it means to take some shortcuts... No I don't want to go until a sixth episode.

Five is the ideal ?
YS : I can't tell you more. Anyway I would like to especially focus on the third at the moment !

source : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57131-shenm ... r-le-nombr

Yokosuka has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Kiske, Miles Prower
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby yuc02 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:41 am

Hi all,

I’m the other guy that attended the dinner yesterday. I don’t know if it was the best day of my life, but definitely one of them! Couldn’t have hoped for a better reception and atmosphere, and everyone there played their part in creating an unforgettable experience. Making many new friends along the way, Amir, Rob and I were very lucky indeed...

(As Amir said, I’m unable to disclose much of the actual details of the meeting or post pictures, at least until I have been given permission by YsNet and Shibuya Productions, so please bear with me. Good things come to those who wait 8) )

Throughout the day Suzuki-san gave me the impression of a father figure - a kind leader who always looks out for others, yet very humble and unassuming himself. You can’t tell by looking that he’s a superstar in any way. He’s also very curious, from inspecting details of the Eze buildings to asking about us (jobs, hobbies etc), and you cannot help but feel inspired by his energy.

Once we got down to business (so to speak), you can see another side of his character: dedication. Shenmue is his legacy, and seeing what we’ve seen (incredible, by the way), there’s no doubt that he’s giving his all to the project. Given his talent, and with passionate comrades like Mr Biscay, we should have a lot of faith about the quality of the finished article, so please be patient!

Thank you Dojo-ers all again to make this project a reality, I know everyone would have jumped at the opportunity to experience what I have, but perhaps different circumstances prevented you from doing so. To be honest I didn't initially choose this reward, but considering how life-changing Shenmue is to me, I felt compelled to sacrifice my savings to help Suzuki-san. It's taught me values which I took for granted, and I think has made me a better person as a result. And what's money worth when compared to one's own values?

If you believe the same way, and do still have some capacity to help (money or otherwise), then please do so. Suzuki-san is grateful already to the contributions you have given to him, but with more support Shenmue III can become even better!

Best regards,

Chao

yuc02
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:54 am

Glad everybody had a great time in Monaco and I'm especially jealous of those who got to meet Yu.

I get the feeling you lucky few got to have a sneak peak at something not shown at MAGIC. Of course, we won't pester you for details... just nod once for yes and twice for no and- kidding. :lol:
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Glad everybody had a great time in Monaco and I'm especially jealous of those who got to meet Yu.

I get the feeling you lucky few got to have a sneak peak at something not shown at MAGIC. Of course, we won't pester you for details... just nod once for yes and twice for no and- kidding. :lol:

Good things come to those who wait 8)

Every time I read this from an "insider" (and I've read it quite a few times) I wonder if they speak about Shenmue 3, Shenmue HD... or both :-o
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Glad everybody had a great time in Monaco and I'm especially jealous of those who got to meet Yu.

Good things come to those who wait 8)

Every time I read this from an "insider" (and I've read it quite a few times) I wonder if they speak about Shenmue 3, Shenmue HD... or both :-o

In this case, just 3 IMO. Yu might have hinted at something when asked at MAGIC about Shenmue HD, but he just went straight to the "it's SEGA's decision and we can't do anything about it" line.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby yuc02 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Sorry really can't say anything yet!
yuc02

PSN: yuc2002

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:31 pm

yuc02 wrote: Sorry really can't say anything yet!

:D Can you define "yet" aka, do you know when you can say something :P lol
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Esppiral » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Seems that nobody noticed it, or haven't pointed to it yet, but all the footage from the MAGIC Mocaco was 21:9 instead of 16:9 I hope it doesn't mean that we will have to deal with black bars like The order 1888
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Esppiral wrote: Seems that nobody noticed it, or haven't pointed to it yet, but all the footage from the MAGIC Mocaco was 21:9 instead of 16:9 I hope it doesn't mean that we will have to deal with black bars like The order 1888

I think it's just a way to put forward the artistic quality of the content. The screens are also incredibly small like if they wanted to hide something (the bland grass for instance).

A 21:9 compatibility on PC would be awesome. I don't know for Yu but it's the Kojima's favorite ratio and mine's too.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Gameblog : We recently got an interview with Phil Spencer. He told us that he met Yu Suzuki before things have been settled with Sony, that some things happen and some other ones not, that all cannot be done. Then you reacted pretty curtly on Twitter. Can you tell more about what happened ?
Cédric Biscay : What it made me a bit annoyed is that he was like to say it was our fault. But it's not. Things haven't been made because he didn't have the arguments which would have make this possible. He didn't have the adequate offer to be considered.

So, he made you an offer but you found it inadequate ?
CB : Well in any case, the content of the discussions was not enough. At the timing level, they also woke up a bit late.

Then while you're discussing with Sony, you felt a lot more of enthusiasm ?
CB : Sony has immediately been a super partner. They wanted to do it. They proposed to do something exceptional at the E3. Like them or not, they really support Shenmue III.

source : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57133-shenm ... ric-biscay

The remaining part tomorrow.

Yokosuka has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Giorgio, Hanzumon, Peter, SheepheadCG
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Excellent write up Chao!! It has gotten me so excited!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys on Saturday. I'm glad it went so well, and yes I completely agree about Suzuki-san. Such a lovely man, despite what you may originally think when you watch his interviews etc.

Oh man...

Yokosuka, is that Julien? He was a nice guy!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Peter wrote: Excellent write up Chao!! It has gotten me so excited!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys on Saturday. I'm glad it went so well, and yes I completely agree about Suzuki-san. Such a lovely man, despite what you may originally think when you watch his interviews etc.

Oh man...

Yokosuka, is that Julien? He was a nice guy!

Yes that's him. Glad he was able to meet you and the other fans. Julien is the co-creator of Gameblog and, as you know, an absolute Shenmue fan (with Romain from the same board, he owns an account in Shenmue Dojo). He's well known for always making at least one reference to Shenmue during each random podcast. He has also good tastes about games and likes football.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Hm... Yu's comments on Shenmue games past III intrigues me. He's being coy, which is understandable, but I have the feeling they've got some idea in place if III is a success. Definitely ties into Cedric's comments about a million sales being their goal.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Esppiral wrote: Seems that nobody noticed it, or haven't pointed to it yet, but all the footage from the MAGIC Mocaco was 21:9 instead of 16:9 I hope it doesn't mean that we will have to deal with black bars like The order 1888

I think it's just a way to put forward the artistic quality of the content. The screens are also incredibly small like if they wanted to hide something (the bland grass for instance).

A 21:9 compatibility on PC would be awesome. I don't know for Yu but it's the Kojima's favorite ratio and mine's too.

Cedric is in charge of the PC version and is aware of 21:9 aspect ratio.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby rdk_nl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

I got a lot of support on my way to Monaco through reactions on this Twitter Image:

It's not easy to have a trip from the Netherlands to Monaco by plane with a young family at 3:30AM on Friday 26th.

My most valuable moment of MAGIC was during the signing session; My eldest daughter was showing the Ryo Statue to Yu Suzuki (before she had a bad feeling about drawing with a permanent marker on her statue :P )
Yu pushed his Golden iPhone 6Plus to our side of the table and asked to make picture with him and the kids.

The interpreter took some pictures; 1,5hours later we discovered this tweet from Yu himself:

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status ... 4409245697

Thankful for the support I got from my beloved wife :heart:

rdk_nl

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III