Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:23 pm

What????

Lol! You know I am always trying to be the positive chap on the forums, but Jesus Christ, is it just me or does this entire PayPal just been a piss poor outgoing? You are not guaranteed your items?? :rotflmao:

The only thing I can think of, is that after China, or whenever, Yu Suzuki has gotten full investment for a full Shenmue game, and the PayPal has been completely unnecessary from a financial standpoint. Now either this PayPal is a genuine gesture to those fans who missed the KS campaign to get some merchandise, or this has essentially been a "closing down" sale of whatever numbers of items they have left? Either way, there is a reason for this being not up to scratch, and when I say not up to scratch, I mean the PC version issue, as well as next to zero updates or revamps. The question exists as to why this was the case. It's either a positive ignorance, because financially Shenmue 3 is completely invested privately, or AJ or whoever has ran it, has just folded and moved onto other things.

Peter has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Why two weeks are considered as a low number here ? That was only the kickstarter's mid. The goal is certainly to take best advantage of the media coverage to cause panic buys due to a close deadline and I would agree with that.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby James Brown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Peter wrote: What????

Lol! You know I am always trying to be the positive chap on the forums, but Jesus Christ, is it just me or does this entire PayPal just been a piss poor outgoing? You are not guaranteed your items?? :rotflmao:

The only thing I can think of, is that after China, or whenever, Yu Suzuki has gotten full investment for a full Shenmue game, and the PayPal has been completely unnecessary from a financial standpoint. Now either this PayPal is a genuine gesture to those fans who missed the KS campaign to get some merchandise, or this has essentially been a "closing down" sale of whatever numbers of items they have left? Either way, there is a reason for this being not up to scratch, and when I say not up to scratch, I mean the PC version issue, as well as next to zero updates or revamps. The question exists as to why this was the case. It's either a positive ignorance, because financially Shenmue 3 is completely invested privately, or AJ or whoever has ran it, has just folded and moved onto other things.

Was that line always there or have they added it recently? Like I said i've never noticed it till just.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:35 pm

James Brown wrote: Also, never noticed this line of text in the paragraph about the PayPal Campaign - "Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed." - so buying stuff via paypal might not be guarenteed? o0

I wouldn't worry.

English version :

Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed.

Japanese version :

またリワードは、責任をもって皆様にお届け致します。

From the Japanese version, the message is a bit different : Regarding rewards, we're taking responsibility and will deliver/send them to everyone. (quickly translated, but you get the message)

There's no mention of "not guaranteed" or "are subject to best efforts".

I don't see them earning money without sending the proper rewards. Don't worry. ;-)

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Kiske
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kiske » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:56 pm

The Japanese to English translation seems a cursed task more than you could expect when it comes to Shenmue :mad:

Anyway, thank you David!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby punkmanced » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Peter wrote:I'm starting to think this PayPal is going to see an extension and also revamp of there are more changes to come.

You know, an overhaul + extension would certainly be nice.
If the paypal "effort" simply ends as is...wow.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ryuman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:48 pm

You guys know that Kickstarter isn't a guaranteed service either, right? It's just how these things work. Not that I think anyone's getting screwed, mind you. It's just, backing on Kickstarter is a risk of investment.
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Yeaaaaah, I wouldn't read too much into that 'no guarantee' thing like they're just gonna go "fuck it" and call it a day and send nothing out. It's just there to cover them if there's an unexpected issue with manufacturing or delivery logistics and it becomes an almost impossibility to make happen.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Reprise » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:20 am

It's just a poor translation and like others have said, to cover themselves.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 am

Guys, this is still donating. It's not pre-ordering, it's not buying. It's not investing either. You're donating money to a project. Neither the release of Shenmue III nor the sending out of any of the rewards can be guaranteed. If you weren't aware of that, you're the only one to blame.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Neither YS Net nor Awesome Japan seem to have given a flying fuck about the Paypal campaign. :shock: This is strange. Cedric did all he could and went out of his way to save it, but no-one listened to him.

This is so weird. Anyway, I still think I will buy a couple of t-shirts if I have the money left, after Christmas. It's a disgrace, they didn't implement the upgrade option. I would have done a lot more to upgrade my pledge, but if this is the way it is, I'll just buy 3 or 4 shirts and that's gonna be that.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Monkei
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 am

(This is not directed at you, Hyo. Just saying.)

The slacker backer campaign was never meant to bring in another $6.000.000, now was it? A few very loud people in the Kickstarter comments and on message boards/Youtube/Facebook were desperately screaming at the top of their lungs for the option to give money via Paypal, and they got that option. And that's all it was and is, another payment option for everyone being late to the party. The vast majority of people willing to give money to this did so during the 30 days of the Kickstarter campaign. It's really no big deal. Yu was willing to make the game with $2.000.000 from the crowd. Now he's doing it with almost $6.500.000. I don't get why people are shitting their pants over this.

Generally speaking I don't get why 90% of you guys are shitting their pants over pretty much everything that's happening or not happening. You keep worrying so much and asking for so much more than is reasonable to ask for, instead of simply being pleased for once. We have so much reason to be pleased, yet you somehow manage to see the worst in everything, again and again. Isn't that exhausting?

Monkei has received a thanks from: Reprise
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:23 am

I mostly agree with you Monkei...

Except for the PC Rewards. I don't understand why the PC version is still NOT available for PayPal backers.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Monkei » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:10 am

True, it's strange, and the communication is a little weird, even bad there. Still a little over two weeks to go though, so maybe they'll fix it before the campaign closes..?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:28 am

Monkei wrote: (This is not directed at you, Hyo. Just saying.)

The slacker backer campaign was never meant to bring in another $6.000.000, now was it? A few very loud people in the Kickstarter comments and on message boards/Youtube/Facebook were desperately screaming at the top of their lungs for the option to give money via Paypal, and they got that option. And that's all it was and is, another payment option for everyone being late to the party. The vast majority of people willing to give money to this did so during the 30 days of the Kickstarter campaign. It's really no big deal. Yu was willing to make the game with $2.000.000 from the crowd. Now he's doing it with almost $6.500.000. I don't get why people are shitting their pants over this.

Generally speaking I don't get why 90% of you guys are shitting their pants over pretty much everything that's happening or not happening. You keep worrying so much and asking for so much more than is reasonable to ask for, instead of simply being pleased for once. We have so much reason to be pleased, yet you somehow manage to see the worst in everything, again and again. Isn't that exhausting?

I think everyone is just shitting themselves because finally after 15 years our favourite game series is returning and everyone just wants it to go smoothly. If it keeps people sane by receiving a progress update once a month from a team that's getting paid for so far seemingly very little, I think it's within reason for them to type a 5 minute email update once a month. People will have concerns over every little aspect because it feels like it could of been so much better, of course we don't have the final outcome which could be the greatest video game ever created, but right now, when it's in no finished state, and the last chance to help the series continue to the best of it's ability is quite frankly being completely overlooked by the people in dire need of the money - people have every right to shit themselves :).

James Brown has received a thanks from: Monkei
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III