4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Snakiest wrote: Yes, but that is all a personal perspective. I am a member of a forum where people write the same thing about Shenmue. Seriously. And I don't argue with them because it is their opinion. All I wish is people were better at expressing their opinions as such and not as if they were facts. Humility, consideration and awareness - all we need.

In Yu we trust.

Well I have no problem with guys saying Shenmue is shit because it can from a certain point of view (and this point of view is often shared by people who watched it on Youtube or played it after 2000's because it's easier to miss the author's point in these postmodern conditions) while I consider that some pieces of art can be factually jokes and impossible to really appreciate if you're built with modern and normal culture (although Yu's culture is maybe more complex and flexible than I think). I'm sure I could develop some scientific storytelling and psychological critic tools to prove it if I would have time. :)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:11 am

Can't believe this topic led to you guys arguing about Terminator Genisys and personal opinions.. :lol:

I'd also like to thank Switch for his contributions, that's great work. And despite it being really short, I somehow liked this little interview better than most other stuff we got to read in the past months. It has some interesting bits, and like Giorgio said, that last part is heartwarming and exciting.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Switch
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:37 am

Monkei wrote: Can't believe this topic led to you guys arguing about Terminator Genisys and personal opinions.. :lol:

yeah... i shouldn't had brought it up 8-[
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby James Brown » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:34 am

I thought the new Terminator film was great actually! Maybe Yu would too, so no need to tweet him telling him to not watch something that you didn't happen to like.

James Brown has received 2 thanks from: SickOctopus, VukBZ2005
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I am interested to watch the films that Yu Suzuki mentioned in this said interview. The ones that will help him enhance the portrayal of Shenmue III. It seems he mentions the "Zatoichi movie series by Kurosawa". However, when I looked for it on the net, the creator of Zatoichi is named as Kan Shimozawa. Maybe Yu-san mentioned the Zatoichi series and the Kurosawa movies separately?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Giorgio wrote:I am interested to watch the films that Yu Suzuki mentioned in this said interview.

For a horrifying moment Giorgio I thought you'd posted this in the translation requests thread. I was about to call an ambulance for Switch. :D
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Switch » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Giorgio wrote:Maybe Yu-san mentioned the Zatoichi series and the Kurosawa movies separately?

Oops, yes he did - now fixed up. Thanks for the catch!
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Giorgio wrote:I am interested to watch the films that Yu Suzuki mentioned in this said interview.

For a horrifying moment Giorgio I thought you'd posted this in the translation requests thread. I was about to call an ambulance for Switch. :D

:rotflmao:

Switch has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Previous

Return to Shenmue III