Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Coromasta » Mon May 01, 2017 3:34 pm

I have high hopes in regards to the hd remasters, s3 though, well I don't mind waiting a bit longer so they can blow our minds with the footage. Plus having the remasters release before S3 should give a boost to S3 funding making the game even more grand than before. Just my two cents =)
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Amir wrote: Pure joy reading through this thread from 2015: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 34&page=45

:)

Ahhhhh. Feels like forever ago now. Hoping to have a repeat performance this E3.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Until today they are saying that the estimated release date is december 17, I wonder how Suzuki calculated this from the very start of the kickstarter without even knowing how much money they would recaude. I asume it's different to make Shenmue 3 with only 2 million than nearly 7 that it's been obtained, the time that it should take it's less in the first case.

Suzuki put this date from the start, maybe he thought the time it would take it's the same depending on how many people would work on the project. 2 million = less people and 7 more people = same time?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby John Doom » Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 pm

...same time AND more content! :)
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 01, 2017 5:01 pm

I too am setting my expectations as you all are. Although I'm a bit selfish in one regard: If YS.net wanted to show footage of the game at a later date (e.g. PSX 2017, Cologne, Paris Games Week or just as an email update) I'd be totally fine with that. Obviously they'd would have to make some sort of announcement to backers at some point between E3 and August what they're plans are for the future just to be sure in keeping us in the loop and (more importantly) the media at bay.

Silence is golden and the first trailer is important/will be under scrutiny whether it's fair or not so I'd rather ensure that they're fully ready for it when they think they are. I'm sure a lot has changed since the E3 2015 reveal and that's their opportunity to wow everyone with the amount the game has progressed with since. As Spags has pointed out, hopefully it isn't the case and they'll get to present the game in some capacity.

I think Sony have gotten wiser about this too, after the no man's sky debacle showing something tangible and indicative of the launch game is important, it's always better to demonstrate than it is to talk at events. It's going to be a big deal for YS.net for sure, I'm getting scared just thinking about it! (oh, and I said selfish earlier because I know the campaign would benefit from the media blitz at E3 + I acknowledge people outside of me would want to see Shenmue 3 sooner)

As for Shenmue HD, I feel much differently. I would like to see an announcement at the least (no matter how small) at E3, in a similar vein to how Yakuza 6+Kiwami was announced at PSX as part of Gio's lightning round. I mean, they COULD announce it in a similar fashion to bayonetta and just drop it on us but I think the game. Honestly, if HD is a no go, I'd feel that burn and would definitely be crying inside (and heck outside) 'cause damn I want them so much!

As the stoics would say, we'll be prepared even if E3 is a no-go for the Shenmue series. But I'm with you guys, I believe it's time. Ideally they release it on the same day (or before winter 2017).

For me E3 2017 is the year where I'm actively anticipating Sony's conference out of the big three. If they show anything pertaining to the shenmue series, they've won E3 at least for me. Microsoft is the one I usually payed more attention towards but there isn't anything I'm anticipating from them atm (well.. Phantom Dust HD does look interesting but we haven't heard anything, and it still kinda hurts having scalebound cancelled) so they REALLY have something to prove this year in order to get me excited for their platform. Hoping they bring exciting exclusives and not just service updates (although Xbox OG backwards compat would be cool, I wouldn't want it to be their only offering).

Outside of Shenmue the other franchises that I hope we'll get to hear about is the Soul Calibur franchise (perhaps doubtful since tekken 7 is coming out then?) and the next Splinter Cell game. What else are you guys looking forward to hearing, whether it's games and/or announcements?

update: wow I never realised I wrote a wall sorry for that. I should really work towards typing more succinctly xD
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby adom11800 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:14 pm

I can't even say how much I would love for there to be Shenmue 3 at E3 2017 but I'm getting this bad feeling that it won't be. That would suck but hey it wouldn't be that bad as we are getting the game in 8 months. 8 MONTHS. A game that we have all waited, prayed and cried for. As Peter said, we are getting Shenmue 3 so it could be a lot worse. He makes a lot of good points, as all of you do. Seeing this list https://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/e3-2 ... med-games/ is why I think it might not be at E3 but I guess it's early days yet. I hope I'm wrong but I just hate getting my hopes up only to be let down. Please can Shenmue 3 be at E3 this year! but if it's not, I can't wait for all the trailers, screenshots, etc for the build up of Shenmue 3's release date. It's getting closer and is anyone else getting that feeling we had after Shenmue 3 got announced two years ago? The hype train feels like it's coming but I guess there is still a way to go. I would love for Shenmue HD to come out but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for that but you never know I guess. If Shenmue 3 isn't at E3, there's got to be a trailer this summer from YSnet I hope. We will see but it sure makes me happy knowing the fact that the game is getting closer to us. 16 years. Jesus.

Oh and in reply to FlagshipFighter. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest 11 and The Last of us part II. I've no idea why they are still making Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games though.
adom11800

Postby celsowm » Mon May 01, 2017 6:45 pm

I hope Yu Suzuki does some kind of spoiler like he did in 2015

I put my faith that time and I'll put it again: D
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 pm

I wouldn't put too much faith in that list. Just seems like speculation on a news aggregation site, unless I'm mistaken.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 pm

adom11800 wrote: I can't even say how much I would love for there to be Shenmue 3 at E3 2017 but I'm getting this bad feeling that it won't be. That would suck but hey it wouldn't be that bad as we are getting the game in 8 months. 8 MONTHS. A game that we have all waited, prayed and cried for. As Peter said, we are getting Shenmue 3 so it could be a lot worse. He makes a lot of good points, as all of you do. Seeing this list https://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/e3-2 ... med-games/ is why I think it might not be at E3 but I guess it's early days yet. I hope I'm wrong but I just hate getting my hopes up only to be let down. Please can Shenmue 3 be at E3 this year! but if it's not, I can't wait for all the trailers, screenshots, etc for the build up of Shenmue 3's release date. It's getting closer and is anyone else getting that feeling we had after Shenmue 3 got announced two years ago? The hype train feels like it's coming but I guess there is still a way to go. I would love for Shenmue HD to come out but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for that but you never know I guess. If Shenmue 3 isn't at E3, there's got to be a trailer this summer from YSnet I hope. We will see but it sure makes me happy knowing the fact that the game is getting closer to us. 16 years. Jesus.

Oh and in reply to FlagshipFighter. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest 11 and The Last of us part II. I've no idea why they are still making Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games though.

99% sure that list is bogus for the unannounced adom. There are quite a few telltale signs, but the biggest one is Tekken x Street Fighter. Harada (the games producer) is launching Tekken 7 then, he's mentioned several times (and even most recently) that the project is being put on hold. In addition, they're not working on a switch version either (even though it's an Unreal 4 game) he has shown a lot of disinterest in that platform and has no plans to support it (I think it was because Namco felt pretty burned by that TTT2 WiiU port selling abysmal numbers).

I wish I was wrong and Tekken x Street Fighter was being worked on though... :-(

I'm not into assassin's creed but I found splinter cell to be great fun back in the Xbox OG days! I'd say it's probably the most mainstream of all the games that I like xD I know people find ubisoft questionable but I'd be interested to see what becomes of this game, I wonder how much influence they would take from MGSV. Personally I'd like to see it be more akin to a big levels with objectives like usual rather than an openworld...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby adom11800 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:37 am

FlagshipFighter wrote:
adom11800 wrote: I can't even say how much I would love for there to be Shenmue 3 at E3 2017 but I'm getting this bad feeling that it won't be. That would suck but hey it wouldn't be that bad as we are getting the game in 8 months. 8 MONTHS. A game that we have all waited, prayed and cried for. As Peter said, we are getting Shenmue 3 so it could be a lot worse. He makes a lot of good points, as all of you do. Seeing this list https://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/e3-2 ... med-games/ is why I think it might not be at E3 but I guess it's early days yet. I hope I'm wrong but I just hate getting my hopes up only to be let down. Please can Shenmue 3 be at E3 this year! but if it's not, I can't wait for all the trailers, screenshots, etc for the build up of Shenmue 3's release date. It's getting closer and is anyone else getting that feeling we had after Shenmue 3 got announced two years ago? The hype train feels like it's coming but I guess there is still a way to go. I would love for Shenmue HD to come out but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for that but you never know I guess. If Shenmue 3 isn't at E3, there's got to be a trailer this summer from YSnet I hope. We will see but it sure makes me happy knowing the fact that the game is getting closer to us. 16 years. Jesus.

99% sure that list is bogus for the unannounced adom. There are quite a few telltale signs, but the biggest one is Tekken x Street Fighter. Harada (the games producer) is launching Tekken 7 then, he's mentioned several times (and even most recently) that the project is being put on hold. In addition, they're not working on a switch version either (even though it's an Unreal 4 game) he has shown a lot of disinterest in that platform and has no plans to support it (I think it was because Namco felt pretty burned by that TTT2 WiiU port selling abysmal numbers).

I wish I was wrong and Tekken x Street Fighter was being worked on though... :-(

I'm not into assassin's creed but I found splinter cell to be great fun back in the Xbox OG days! I'd say it's probably the most mainstream of all the games that I like xD I know people find ubisoft questionable but I'd be interested to see what becomes of this game, I wonder how much influence they would take from MGSV. Personally I'd like to see it be more akin to a big levels with objectives like usual rather than an openworld...

Oh right? Well hopefully those games will be there as well as Shenmue 3 of course. If that's the case, how awesome would that be? I guess we'll see though. Don't wanna get too excited. Yeah Splinter Cell was very good back in the day, I always liked the first one the most. Hopefully this E3 will be good for you as well.
adom11800

Postby ShenSun » Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 am

I've always believed Shenmue 3 would be shown at this years E3 with an instant release of Shenmue HD. It just makes sense in terms of impact and sales for Shenmue HD.

This year's E3 is going to be EPIC

ShenSun has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Tue May 02, 2017 4:29 am

I voted Shenmue 3 + Shenmue HD.

Here's my "Fantasy Shenmue" theory, E3 2017 edition. :king:

We know YsNet is working very hard to meet the December 2017 targeted release date and if they make it, June would be not only the perfect time to start the marketing phase about the game, but also the logical time.
This aspect aside, YsNet has been playing their cards very close to their chest, which in my opinion points towards a big reveal of the game at an advanced stage of development. Again, E3 would be perfect for that.
Now about Shenmue HD. The last time we heard official words from SEGA about remasters of Shenmue was in September 2016. Around the same time they registered the domains name related to Shenmue HD. In June, it will be 9 month since the last official words from SEGA. It's seems to me that E3 would be the right occasion to make another step forward, especially if Shenmue 3 makes an appearance. Basically, from a PR point of view, creating a synergy between Shenmue 3 and Shenmue HD during a big show like E3 or TGS, would benefit both SEGA and YsNet.

Finally, I'm wondering why hitting the December 2017 release date is so important?
In this industry, most of the games get delayed, and I'm not even talking about the crowdfunded projects.
I'm aware that the end of the Year is the best time to release games from a sales point of view, but games like Horizon Zero Dawn did very very well (more than 2.6 Million) despite the late February release date. Could it be that Shenmue 3 has to come at the end of 2017 (or at least not to far in 2018) to match with the SEGA planned release of Shenmue HD?

This is all fantasy theory of course, but that's part of the fun while waiting for E3, right?

What do you think? Thought? ( :mrgreen: )

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Coromasta, FlagshipFighter
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby adom11800 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:09 am

ShenSun wrote: I've always believed Shenmue 3 would be shown at this years E3 with an instant release of Shenmue HD. It just makes sense in terms of impact and sales for Shenmue HD.

This year's E3 is going to be EPIC

I sure hope so.
adom11800

Postby BlueMue » Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 am

I'm pretty sure there's gotta be something about Shenmue III. There hasn't been any material to really "promote" the game yet and it's really about time to dish out something that will make the game the #1 topic everywhere again.

Shenmue HD... I really don't know what to think. Sure I hope so, like everyone does but I haven't quite followed the last few rumors closely so I'm not in a hype right now. I'll just stay calm about this and don't get the hopes too high.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:01 am

I'll be more surprised if Shenmue HD is. Shenmue 3 is to be expected.
adom11800

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III