Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:45 am

Kiske wrote: Knowing that the voice recording usually takes place towards the end of a development cycle, this is really a great and exciting news!

I can't help but think (already) about E3 2018.
We all have hopes for a new trailer at E3 this year and I was wondering if part of Corey's initial work could be used in a trailer in June? Even just for a few words like "I'll have my revenge!" or "So, this is Bailu Village?".

What do you think? Is it technically possible?

Technically possible if a theoretical trailer doesn't show Ryo speaking and they make the trailer lines a priority in the first few recording sessions, but I think the more likely option is they'll just roll with the Japanese VO - if the game is at E3 at all. I think the next showing will in some way try to showcase facial animation to kill off the persistent criticism of "dead eyed" characters too.

I'm generally operating on the idea the Japanese VO sessions are a few steps ahead, but I don't really know for sure. Maybe someone should ask Masaya Matsukaze on Twitter if they have started recording or not?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am

If I remember correctly, in one of the last interviews Suzuki talked about voice recording and told that japanese recording had already started, so maybe we could see a E3 trailer with japanese voices.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote: Knowing that the voice recording usually takes place towards the end of a development cycle, this is really a great and exciting news!

I can't help but think (already) about E3 2018.
We all have hopes for a new trailer at E3 this year and I was wondering if part of Corey's initial work could be used in a trailer in June? Even just for a few words like "I'll have my revenge!" or "So, this is Bailu Village?".

What do you think? Is it technically possible?

Technically possible if a theoretical trailer doesn't show Ryo speaking and they make the trailer lines a priority in the first few recording sessions, but I think the more likely option is they'll just roll with the Japanese VO - if the game is at E3 at all. I think the next showing will in some way try to showcase facial animation to kill off the persistent criticism of "dead eyed" characters too.

I'm generally operating on the idea the Japanese VO sessions are a few steps ahead, but I don't really know for sure. Maybe someone should ask Masaya Matsukaze on Twitter if they have started recording or not?

We are just under 3 Months from E3 and I already know the wait is going to be unbearable.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 am

It's worth mentioning that Bloodstained has been doing English VOs recently as well and it only has a generic 2018 date as well.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am

Ni No Kuni 2 did use different voices for its very first trailer.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 am

Hazuki00 wrote: If I remember correctly, in one of the last interviews Suzuki talked about voice recording and told that japanese recording had already started, so maybe we could see a E3 trailer with japanese voices.

If it's the "Then, Now and Tomorrow" interview you're talking about, Yu only said auditions were wrapping up and recording would begin in 2018.

Kiske wrote:We are just under 3 Months from E3 and I already know the wait is going to be unbearable.

Knowing that they'll probably announce attendance/non-attendance ahead of time like last year has sucked away the anticipation of waiting, personally.

I'm even okay if we go 3-4 months without a KS update too. Knowing YSnet are hard at work already is enough.

Valascaziel wrote: It's worth mentioning that Bloodstained has been doing English VOs recently as well and it only has a generic 2018 date as well.

They'll be talking about Bloodstained's release date in the March update, apparently. Not that it means a bunch, could be "comes out on ____" or "we're delaying, please understand".

And even then doesn't mean a whole lot for comparisons to Shenmue either.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote:We are just under 3 Months from E3 and I already know the wait is going to be unbearable.

Knowing that they'll probably announce attendance/non-attendance ahead of time like last year has sucked away the anticipation of waiting, personally.

Not only did YsNet announce the non-attendance of E3 2017, they announced the extension of development time to 2018 shortly before E3 2017. There was a very good reason to announce the non-attendance. It's different this year.

I'm even okay if we go 3-4 months without a KS update too. Knowing YSnet are hard at work already is enough.

The KS updates are another story. They are just not dictating the calendar anymore. That's all.

Deep Silver and Ys Net are moving forward with promotional planning that will encompass the whole of the project. Due to these adjustments, there will be an increase in instances where there will not be an update each and every month.

However, we are also looking into other media and events besides updates to give you a better experience as we roll out latest information, so please stay tuned!

If Shenmue 3 appears at some (major) event within the next 6 months (E3, Gamescom or else), there are going to be the same KS updates there has been after MAGIC.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am

Kiske wrote:Not only did YsNet announce the non-attendance of E3 2017, they announced the extension of development time to 2018 shortly before E3 2017. There was a very good reason to announce the non-attendance. It's different this year.

That's true, but they've been straight-shooters on informing fans about appearances since that point on, and I'm not sure if that'll change.

I mean if they're silent all the way up to E3 itself I might get coaxed into feeling some anticipation, but right now I'm not going to get myself excited over the prospect of a KS email popping up late May/early June that mentions E3 plans - or lack of. I'm just going to take info as it comes and remain Zen in-between.

As for the rest of your post about KS updates, we might be getting a few crossed wires here.

I definitely don't doubt a KS update will follow an appearance at a show like MAGIC/E3/Gamescom/whatever. I was just saying I'd be okay if there's just silence from now until sometime later in the Summer. I don't really feel the thirst for info as much anymore, and I'm okay just for YSnet to get on with it without having to cater to demands for updates.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am

Does Deep Silver usually have a presentation at E3? I have no idea what their history at the show is. I assume they'd 'present' Shenmue III vs. Sony.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Does Deep Silver usually have a presentation at E3? I have no idea what their history at the show is. I assume they'd 'present' Shenmue III vs. Sony.

Like a press conference? No.

Even if they did, Sony is still a marketing partner and a slot at a press conference would still be within their remit.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:56 am

I think we agree on almost everything. :)

We'll see how it goes.
I would be perfectly okay with no updates at all until sometime in Summer. But that's just me, or us Shenmue fans.

As you've noticed too, the "average gamer" and mainstream gaming media tend to consider Shenmue 3 non existent unless it appears at a major venue. That's my only worry. I know YsNet is hard at work, actually 7 days a week at the moment.

Also and unless proved wrong, I'm sticking to the "second half of 2018" planned release date to draw a mental calendar of what comes next.

The truth is that a lot can happen during the year... I just need to stay calm and patient. :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 pm

I mean... I've given up hoping that people take half a minute to Google the KS page to see what's going on with the project, rather than just jumping to "haven't heard from it in three years wtf?!"; although to be honest I doubt they're Shenmue's audience in the first place.

The game will turn up at a big event at some point, I think I'm just kind of tired of chasing the next "new info high".

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 pm

^Same. It's got to the point where all we can do it wait which is getting tedious.

However, they are working on the game to hours on end so I think it will be worth the wait and we will be amazed, almost crying tears of joy with how good the game looks when we next see it.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby spud1897 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 am

If voiceover work starts in May/June then we could see a release end of this year but if it got pushes back slightly I wouldn't mind. I hate waiting but it will be worth it.

We could also see some gameplay at E3, even if not voiced. Looking forward to the next few months. What's that in the space of 15 plus years!
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby rdk_nl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 am

When Corey is going to the studio for VO; It's also time to send survey's to $1000 backer tier "Ryo Voice Message" (38 backers (Higher tiers included)) :rotflmao:

rdk_nl has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, VukBZ2005
rdk_nl

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III