Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

Postby darksniper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 pm

If voice acting is starting up, hopefully we'll hear something soon from Sega in regards to the first two games. Realistically Shenmue 3 has a decent chance of showing up at E3, I'd be just excited to hear news about I and II.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 pm

So exciting to think that Corey Marshall willsoon be sitting in a studio, somewhere in the world, recording for nothing less than Shenmue 3. Yes, Shenmue 3 :D

Hyo Razuki has received 3 thanks from: Reprise, RiGoRmOrTiS, Rikitatsu
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby UltimateBeing01 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:34 am

I hope he's improved his acting skills since then. Because he sounds like a bored teenage in Shenmue 2 and 1. Ryo is supposed to be angry that his father was killed. Yet, I don't sense ANY anger from Ryo in the games. He seems unconcerned at times, despite the fact that he's supposed to be traumatized by the event. I mean this IS the reason for him going on this adventure to kill Lan Di, right? It sure doesn't seem like it to me. He seems more like he's just bored and needing something to do to kill time.
UltimateBeing01
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: TheUltimateBeing01
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am

UltimateBeing01 wrote: I hope he's improved his acting skills since then. Because he sounds like a bored teenage in Shenmue 2 and 1. Ryo is supposed to be angry that his father was killed. Yet, I don't sense ANY anger from Ryo in the games. He seems unconcerned at times, despite the fact that he's supposed to be traumatized by the event. I mean this IS the reason for him going on this adventure to kill Lan Di, right? It sure doesn't seem like it to me. He seems more like he's just bored and needing something to do to kill time.

Not sure if it's his fault. Ryo got a strong education from his father, and Japanese people are known to hide their feelings. I didn't feel such an addition of determination when I played Shenmue in Japanese VA.

Ryo may not appear angry visually, but he is by the radicalism of his actions.

When you watched Shenmue The Movie, his determination is even clearer and glaring. He instantly investigates and asks people, changes his way of life, infiltrates, keeps threatening with violence after a successful fight, immediately travels far away his homeland when needed... it's like his relation with his father was sacred, and his family culture very special.

I won't say he's like the villain of No Country for Old Men, but the coldness (and solitude) of his behavior reminds me the same way of proceeding - in Shenmue The Movie at least as Ryo appears more "mysterious" than in the game.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Previous

Return to Shenmue III