Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby gillian_seed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
gillian_seed wrote: I haven't got any survey in my two different accounts I registered to pledge. Is that normal? Thanks.

Head over to https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support, enter the e-mails you used to pledge, and you should receive the surveys immediately. That's what I did.

I already did it and the e-mails were resent, but thanks mate!
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Suzuki Yu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Telekill wrote: and asked if I should expect two different survey's.

I'll keep you guys posted with their reply.

Suzuki Yu wrote:
I've noticed something about the survey, if you do have more than one order using the same e-mail the survey of each order will be sent to you all together in a single mail.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Last edited by Let's Get Sweaty on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 5 thanks from: Kiske, OL, SledgeNE, Spaghetti, Supa
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Sigh, and already the misinformation in games media and comment sections begins in response to the surveys. I guess the preliminary minimum specs didn't get enough exposure with the initial batch of surveys but now that they've gone out for everyone, the media have caught wind of this whole "100GB" and "broadband internet" requirement. It clearly states this is preliminary and subject to change, it should be abundantly obvious that they don't yet know what the requirements exactly will be and so are giving a very broad very general idea just to cover all their bases, and the broadband requirement is probably just for downloading the game. (Since it says Steam disk, I assume it has to be downloaded from Steam.) Obviously if it requires downloading, the internet is necessary lol.

But the media and commentors' spin on this? "Shenmue 3 to require 100GB storage space and internet connectivity to play" which isn't even close to being confirmed yet, but the hate bandwagon has already started, yet again. Uuugh. >_< Now everyone assumes it's going to be rife with DRM or what have you. And then I also saw someone talking about how "Sega are publishing this so that confirms it'll have Denuvo," both of which are untrue lol. It's like being a Shenmue fan consists of a neverending cycle of being subject to the most misinformed commentary in video gaming history, once every few months, for almost two decades lmao.

I can already see the negative Steam review average in the game's future because of this no matter how many of us try to counter it. Sigh.

Anonymous81 has received 4 thanks from: Kintor, Let's Get Sweaty, Reprise, SledgeNE
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Reprise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:20 am

Wait, the media are interpreting the requirement for a broadband connection as meaning the game will need an online connection just to play the game? Jesus Christ.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:34 am

Fantastic news, been waiting on this avidly ever since I put my KickStarter pledge on.

Question - I see I can buy another copy now! if I buy this through FanGamer will it go towards the Slacker Campaign still?

Just processed it and the payment went to YSNET
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 am

Anonymous81 wrote: Sigh, and already the misinformation in games media and comment sections begins in response to the surveys. I guess the preliminary minimum specs didn't get enough exposure with the initial batch of surveys but now that they've gone out for everyone, the media have caught wind of this whole "100GB" and "broadband internet" requirement. It clearly states this is preliminary and subject to change, it should be abundantly obvious that they don't yet know what the requirements exactly will be and so are giving a very broad very general idea just to cover all their bases, and the broadband requirement is probably just for downloading the game. (Since it says Steam disk, I assume it has to be downloaded from Steam.) Obviously if it requires downloading, the internet is necessary lol.

But the media and commentors' spin on this? "Shenmue 3 to require 100GB storage space and internet connectivity to play" which isn't even close to being confirmed yet, but the hate bandwagon has already started, yet again. Uuugh. >_< Now everyone assumes it's going to be rife with DRM or what have you. And then I also saw someone talking about how "Sega are publishing this so that confirms it'll have Denuvo," both of which are untrue lol. It's like being a Shenmue fan consists of a neverending cycle of being subject to the most misinformed commentary in video gaming history, once every few months, for almost two decades lmao.

I can already see the negative Steam review average in the game's future because of this no matter how many of us try to counter it. Sigh.

Many video game journalists are as incompetent as they wish they were still relevant - very - and people know this. Don't worry about any possible effect it will have, dude. Remember when a slew of websites decried Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game with historical accuracy as its very foundation, for being 'racist' because they were unable to compute the idea of a lack of black and brown people in fifteenth-century Bohemia? They were ridiculed for being so retarded and the game went on to sell over a million copies in two weeks.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: OL
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:05 am

Games media are ascended forum posters with an inflated sense of self worth. Fuck 'em.

------------

Also regarding the video that came with this survey, I asked if it is indicative of the game quality. This is the answer I got:

The video was meant to be a fun little extra as a thank you to all backers who have been waiting patiently. This video is not meant to reflect the quality of the final game.

So whether you liked it or not, the video isn't reflective of the final game.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby WildManofBorneo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 am

ShenGCH wrote:
WildManofBorneo wrote: My only gripe with the latest video is the archaic wind effects where the foliage sways unnaturally to and fro in a wavelike motion. This was the status quo for the PS2 era, but physics have evolved greatly since those days and so this comes off as very outdated. Hopefully the developers will take note and make the needed adjustments.

Yeah, I noticed this, too. The motion is a little too synchronous and uniform. Now, a game like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? That is how you do wind.

Considering the timing of the survey announcement there is likely a year remaining until release, perhaps more. There is still plenty of time to refine and polish game mechanics. Generally the final phase of game development is also the one in which additional staff members are added to the project. For example SIE Bend doubled the number of staff for Days Gone during this stage of development.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 am

Days Gone is AAA game. Seriously dude you have to stop expecting the team size to balloon.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby WildManofBorneo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 am

Spaghetti wrote: Days Gone is AAA game. Seriously dude you have to stop expecting the team size to balloon.

More resources are always added during production -> Beta.

Always.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am

It's not going to double. Absolutely no fucking way.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby WildManofBorneo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 am

Spaghetti wrote: It's not going to double. Absolutely no fucking way.

I didn’t say it was going to double. I simply put forth an example.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Reprise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:29 am

ShenGCH wrote:Remember when a slew of websites decried Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game with historical accuracy as its very foundation, for being 'racist' because they were unable to compute the idea of a lack of black and brown people in fifteenth-century Bohemia? They were ridiculed for being so retarded and the game went on to sell over a million copies in two weeks.

I have no problem with Kingdom Come or any opinion on the alleged 'lack of diversity', but I'm pretty sure a lot of historians and academics disputed the defence regarding the numbers of white people and ethnic minorities in that setting and period...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:29 am

WildManofBorneo wrote:I didn’t say it was going to double. I simply put forth an example.

An example of a AAA game. It's apples and oranges.

It's all a pointless theoretical exercise anyway. If the game isn't done, it isn't done. Playing the numbers game on team size doesn't matter when we know they have as much as 18 months left to continue working.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III