closing Paypal site = Deepsilver promotional campaign starts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

closing Paypal site = Deepsilver promotional campaign starts

Postby Suzuki Yu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:59 am

i believe closing Paypal support site in this specific time almost certainly means Deepsilver will start promoting the game heavily in the upcoming Gamescom event.
of course with the kickoff of the marketing campaign they would want to make sure getting all of that Pre-order money and therefore closing Paypal page.

a trailer with an initial release window to get the preorders going and maybe the backer's demo release date is all i am expecting at the moment... but i hope we will get to see some live demo as well (this is my utmost wish right now)
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: closing Paypal site = Deepsilver promotional campaign st

Postby adom11800 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:25 am

I think you're likely right. I really can't wait for what they are going to show us at gamescom.

I just hope it won't be another case of non facial expressions or just images. We need to see a trailer or at least a small gameplay video.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:53 am

It makes sense. We don't know if the promotion for the game is going to start heavily right off the bat, but once the Slacker Backer campaign closes Deep Silver are free to start pushing the game towards a full retail release.

Good times ahead, I think.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Reprise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:07 am

I'm almost certain that all signs all pointing to a release date (or window) being announced soon with an influx of information and marketing beginning with Gamescom. It aligns perfectly. They must be confident with the development and release schedule now, as closing the surveys in September would be an administrative nightmare if the game's release was too far off e.g. due to the increased number of people who would need to later alter shipping details)..

Exciting times ahead guys. The end is nearly in aight.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:32 am

About the release date I think it's not very likely that they announce it soon, having in mind they have just delayed the game to next year. In my opinion it's more logical they announce it after september or near the end of this year. I hope it's the first quarter of 2019.

About the demo, I would like to have as soon as they can launch it but maybe in september or december as a "gift" it seems more likely.

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Reprise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:43 am

I think we could still get a release window at Gamescom or even a release date (former is more likely). With the surveys being issued and funding being closed, it seems they have a more concrete schedule moving forward and no doubt already have a rough date planned.

I exect at the least, we have a release date for the demo announced soon. Unless it's something they plan to release as a surprise with little prior warning.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby darksniper » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:27 pm

My prediction is that the release date gets announced at PSX 2018 but we'll see.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:39 pm

darksniper wrote: My prediction is that the release date gets announced at PSX 2018 but we'll see.

PSX 2018 has not been announced yet. Last year it was announced at E3.
This doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to happen this year, in 2016 they announced it really late (I think October?) but this seems like a year where they don't have a lot of upcoming things they can throw into the event. Last year was kind of disappointing, they had several really big booths with no games to actually play at all. Spiderman, God of War, Days Gone were all just areas where you could walk around and look at the cool booth, no actual games to play. They've got the same problem this year, of their remaining upcoming big titles, Spiderman will already be released, they'll definitely not have Kojima's game playable, etc.

Last year they didn't have much in the way of announcements at PSX either, as the pre-show was just an informal sit-down with only one real announcement. They did all of the fall announcements at Paris games week. I don't expect anything from PSX, but Deep Silver did have a booth at PSX last year to promote Kingdom Come so if Shenmue 3 is far enough along they probably could have a booth this year.

Personally, with the survey already out I think they can make a release in early 2019, February or March. I'm expecting release date announcement at Gamescom. But we'll see in 2 more months.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:06 am

I expect release is further off than that, but yes, I too expect if we do indeed see Shenmue 3 at Gamescom (which I think we will), there will be a release date announced.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:20 am

Instinctively I want to say they'll be kicking the release date can down the road further than Gamescom, but two things make me think twice;

. The THQ Nordic rep was fairly direct in saying the next time they talk about the game's scheduling it'll be with a release date. Sounds pretty likely they are approaching a point where they could pin a date on the game.

. The short survey period does make me wonder if they'll announce something before the Sept 30th deadline, so people can give their shipping addresses confidently knowing they'll still be living there in X amount of time. What might make this point moot is if there's a separate deadline for altering shipping details, but we don't know that yet.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, Suzuki Yu
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:45 am

I think a release window is a safer bet, as that gives them a window to push it further back if more time is needed for the game, rather than a specific date that could rile folks up if they miss it.

It seems pretty obvious that Shenmue HD is probably going to get a date in just a few days, so I've always wagered III would release within 6 to 9 months after the release of I&II.

That pegs a Spring/Summer release for S3, depending on when HD hits.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Centrale » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:58 am

Spaghetti wrote: The THQ Nordic rep was fairly direct in saying the next time they talk about the game's scheduling it'll be with a release date. Sounds pretty likely they are approaching a point where they could pin a date on the game.

Unfortunately I don't think this is correct, unless you have a different quote than the one I heard in the presentation:

"The extra time will be used to polish the quality of the game even further to the high standards it deserves, and release the product in the best possible time frame. For now we will say 'coming in 2019' and will update you at a later stage with an exact release date."

He just says "at a later stage," not "next time."
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:18 am

^ I agree. I really hope the release date of the HD collection is announced this Tuesday, it might just be another trailer though. With Shenmue 3, I am SO hoping for a March/April release date. It's very possible that the release window will be announced at Gamescom, but it really depends how far away the game is into next year.

I'm also thinking of putting my shipping address to my mother's house as it will remind me of the old days of playing Shenmue at my mum and dad's house :lol:
adom11800

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:41 am

Centrale wrote:Unfortunately I don't think this is correct, unless you have a different quote than the one I heard in the presentation:

"The extra time will be used to polish the quality of the game even further to the high standards it deserves, and release the product in the best possible time frame. For now we will say 'coming in 2019' and will update you at a later stage with an exact release date."

He just says "at a later stage," not "next time."

It's the same quote just a different interpretation, I guess? I know he didn't literally say next time (I should have clarified that in my post), but probably the next time they actually do talk scheduling it'll be with a release date.

I'm thinking they'll skip the "coming in Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4" whatever by sticking to a plain "2019", and just get right to the release date when they've zeroed in on something, basically.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TheThirdComing » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:59 am

Does this take effect from August 13th?
https://shenmue.link/order/?en

if so we need to push this heavily!
TheThirdComing

Favorite title: Shenmue