Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Switch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 am

I've posted an article on Phantom River Stone which is an extension of the Choubu Inn floor plan translations I posted to the Dojo in 2015, with added commentary.

Background:

Going back three years to the very start of the official Shenmue III project, soon after its successful funding on Kickstarter, Yu Suzuki tweeted out several images of concept art and design documents. Among these were floor plans of a building in the town of Choubu. There were clues scattered through-out the plans in the form of labels (in Japanese), but Yu did take the precaution of releasing the images in low resolution making the text extremely blurry and difficult to distinguish. In this blog post we translate as much as possible into English.

Link to blog post:

Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary

Postby Sappharad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:02 pm

It's kind of interesting that Ryo's room at the Inn is in the same place that Xiuying's room was at the Da Yuan Apartments. Probably just a coincidence, but at least it'll be easy to remember.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary

Postby Switch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Sappharad wrote:It's kind of interesting that Ryo's room at the Inn is in the same place that Xiuying's room was at the Da Yuan Apartments. Probably just a coincidence, but at least it'll be easy to remember.

That's a good point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate. Definitely easier to locate a room at the end of the corridor than remember the exact room number.

Switch has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Return to Shenmue III