Paying it Forward

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Paying it Forward

Postby Benwah » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:48 am

So, as you’ve probably seen from my other thread I purchased the $600 guestbook tier via the slacker backer in addition to the $250 Kickstarter Collectors Edition. My initial idea was to just have both editions and keep one in mint condition. I realise though that these are never going to majorly valuable, and I move around a lot so keeping things mint is not really possible.

So, I’ve decided to give the $250 Kickstarter Collectors Edition away. I was going to give it to a friend, but I don’t think they will truly appreciate it. I want this to go to somebody that absolutely LOVES Shenmue. So I’ve decided to give it away here. All you need to do to enter is respond on here that you would like it. There are a few stipulations I want to put down:

1. I want this to go to someone who actually needs this. So if you already have the equivalent tier or higher please don’t throw your hat into the ring.

2. If you already have a tier and end up getting this, then pay it forward and gift your tier to somebody else.

This thread will be open for entries until August 5th. I will draw a name randomly from a receptacle (I don’t own any hats) and then that person will have 48hrs to email me their info, such as name in the game credits, T-shirt size, and shipping address. If they don’t email me within 48hrs I will pick another name.

To enter please start your post with ‘YES PLEASE, I’M IN’ please don’t feel the need to post how much you need it, as that will not affect your chances. Obviously I can’t easily police who has got which tier already, so I am having to run this on an honour system. So don’t be a piece of shit and ruin a nice gesture.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Re: Paying it Forward

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 am

I don't know how many people would email their address to a random stranger on the internet.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Benwah » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: I don't know how many people would email their address to a random stranger on the internet.

I guess you have a point there, but how else can I send the things to someone? What I plan to do is fill in the survey with the winners details.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby spud1897 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 am

Do it through the Shenmue 500k facebook page. Let one of the admins know what you're doing and see if they can help set something up. Good luck with it
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby staplepuffs27 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Yes please, I'm in. I was only able to pledge $60, but I know a new fan who would love to have my pledge.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby Benwah » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 pm

spud1897 wrote: Do it through the Shenmue 500k facebook page. Let one of the admins know what you're doing and see if they can help set something up. Good luck with it

I've never used Shenmue 500k, and was wanting to keep it here where I have been frequenting for almost 15 years. (I had a previous account called Benwahwah which I tried to recover back in the day but never got a response from Yama).

If Peter, or one of the other mods wants to reach out to authenticate that I am true to my word, then I am happy to try and work something out with them.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DarylWise » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi Benwah. Finally made an account on here after being a long time visitor. I think this is a great giveaway and I hope I can win. Yes please, I'm in!

And btw, I'm not worried about sending someone my address lol. If you own a gun, you have nothing to fear really and besides, you can always open a PO Box and use that.
DarylWise
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby spud1897 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:40 am

Benwah wrote:
spud1897 wrote: Do it through the Shenmue 500k facebook page. Let one of the admins know what you're doing and see if they can help set something up. Good luck with it

I've never used Shenmue 500k, and was wanting to keep it here where I have been frequenting for almost 15 years. (I had a previous account called Benwahwah which I tried to recover back in the day but never got a response from Yama).

If Peter, or one of the other mods wants to reach out to authenticate that I am true to my word, then I am happy to try and work something out with them.

The link to the Shenmue 500k page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shenmue500K/

Drop a post on there with a link to this topic and see what can be done. If you keep it to here that's fully understandable and I wish you luck in this. Very good of you and someone will be very happy :)
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Return to Shenmue III