Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:13 am

Hello Backers!

With the combined Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, we have reached the $7M stretch goal! Having reached this goal, the Battle System Expanded: AI Battling will be included! Thank you so much for your support!!  

Battle System Expanded: AI Battling   

This control system lets you automatically unleash the perfect technique in response to the opponent's positioning and distance. R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience. This battle system is highly compatible with, and will be an extension to the current battle system.

The Slacker Backer and Fangamer upgrade & add-on campaigns are still underway, so don't miss out!        

And please make sure to get your survey in! Thank you!!

Add-on & Upgrade Announcement

The Toy Capsule Box Set is now available through Fangamer! Get the Ryo, Shenhua, Chai and Forklift set as either an add-on or upgrade. Alright! Have some more fun!

Survey FAQ

We have received many inquiries concerning the survey for the following which we would like to address here.

*Please note that policies and implementation may change without notice depending on applicable quantities and content.     

Name Credit Input

There are three fields in which to input your name for name credit rewards. The first is English only and is required. The second and third are optional and accept other languages.

If you choose to enter your name in the second or third field in a language other than English, these optional names will take precedent.

*This will not apply if there would be a systems conflict or if deemed to be against public decency.

Concerning Pictures, Images and Text

Below is the list of prohibited content for survey responses. Should the dev team deem that survey responses contain prohibited content, or if responses are unfit for development or sales of the game, content may be edited or deleted.

*For example, offending text will be replaced with asterisks (***). Offending parts of images will be edited or deleted, or in some cases the content will not be displayed in the game.

· Content that infringes upon copyrights, trademarks or other rights

· Content that engages in slander, discrimination, or violations of human rights

· Content that is contrary to public decency

· Content where religious or political activities are included

· Content containing personal information

Game development will move forward based on your responses to go out to fans all around the world. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

PC & PS4 Physical Version Disc Data

We would like to address the many inquiries concerning the physical version disc data. Development is moving forward to have all necessary data to play the game contained on the disc. Please rest assured that the disc will not be just a prompt for an internet download.

*An internet connection is a planned requirement for the purposes of game updates and reward activation.

That's the breaking news! The team would again like to thank you all for your wonderful support! See you next update!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue 3 Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue 3 can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 13 (MON) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ts/2241883

Looks beautiful!!!

FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: We have reached the $7M stre

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 am

Okay, now if you tell you are not excited about Shenmue 3 after looking at that pic you must be dead inside.

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 am

Unbelievable we reached 7m so quickly and the image from the update looks amazing.

Added: I am unable to delete my double post I apologize.
Mod Update: All good! \:D/
Last edited by The_Intruder on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Telekill » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:29 am

Hurrah! Hurrah!

We reached 7 Mill !!!!! How awesome is that guys!?

In other news, I'm really happy to see the clarification that the physical disc of the game will have "all" content on the disc and it's not just a download key. Really happy to hear that.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M goal reached + Capsule B

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:39 am

Getting a real Sleeping Dogs vibe from that screenshot. Awesome :D!

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: WildManofBorneo
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 am

Just to be nitpicky, I think the green on the health UI is too bright. Should look more glassy and dark.

But the thing I am most excited about!?

Seeing normal fucking NPCs. They look good! Great art style.

Makes me very optimistic for the visuals of the more important characters if random thugs can look great.

Also, I am glad there is more open spaces to fight. I admit I was a bit worried when Yu Suzuki was describing fighting in more enclosed spaces.

I do however have one worry, and it is that this pic looks very Yakuza-like. I fear that will give the wrong impression and newcomers will be disappointed that Shenmue is not Yakuza.

BTW, is there a higher rez pic?

Anyway, needless to say, I am beyond hyped. Now I wanna see Ten fighting with weapons. XD (then it really would be more like Yakuza lol)
Last edited by ShenmueTree on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:47 am

Those visuals look on par with AAA productions. That Deep Silver deal is the best thing to happen to Shenmue III. Now people that bitched about the visuals can eat crow.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:53 am

Good update, you can tell these updates are getting far more professional than those in the past. That screenshot looks ace too.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, SledgeNE
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

Postby Wickio » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:21 am

That's one dynamic looking T-pose. :lol:

Seriously though, really happy with how this is looking and can't wait to see it in motion.
Wickio
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Sentosha
XBL: Sentosha
Steam: Wickio

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:31 am

\:D/

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: myshtuff
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:31 am

What an amazing update! That screenshot looks insane!! Love the look of the battle HUD too! Bring on Gamescom! So close, yet so far away :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 am

Nice update! 7 millions in a blink of an eye!

This is the first time we have a look at fighting gameplay!
Although the image has an sleeping dog looks (I think due to the lighting and the look of the place) it looks really good, on par with AAA title in my opinion, highly detailed background and npcs.

We can see what it seems Shenhua image in the life gauge of Ryo and this place seems the same where they show a picture of MR. Muscles.

When the fuck are they going to show a new gameplay trailer??!! I can't wait to see it!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:01 am

How on earth will they fit all that data on the disc!? I'm excited that they're going to do it, but it seems impossible for a DVD! Maybe they'll put it on a Blu-ray disc.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: How on earth will they fit all that data on the disc!? I'm excited that they're going to do it, but it seems impossible for a DVD! Maybe they'll put it on a Blu-ray disc.

The 100GB thing is a placeholder. There is no way the size is going to hit that number. This list of file sizes of recently released games should serve as a decent guideline.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 am

That screenshot, that UI!

...hold me

Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III