Postby reporter » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:29 pm

Another Sega guy leaves before the massacring starts

Sega Takes Blow: Key European Head Jumps Ship
Sherlock walks…
9th Jan 2004

Related Links Companies SEGA

People Mike Sherlock

Link to This Article http://spong.com/x?art=6038

Sega Europe is reeling this morning from the shock resignation of vice president of sales and marketing Mike Sherlock, who has walked from the Sonic creator in what is one of its darkest hours since the demise of the Dreamcast.

After around a year at the European arm of Sega, Sherlock has left to take a position at Acclaim in a senior management role.

Exactly what this means for Sega Europe remains to be seen, though Sherlock is the latest mysterious departure from the embattled firm, joining Rikiya Nakagawa, who left with no warning or explanation mid-last month.

Sega insiders this morning have stated to us that Sherlock's departure was entirely amicable, though no doubt references will be made to Sammy's recent involvement in the firm, described to us as "without question a decisive attempt at a hostile takeover," by one Sega representative.

Dark times indeed. Expect everything on Sega in the coming months.

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6038
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Only Child » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:47 pm

Shit, guys...this is worrying.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:55 pm

I don't trust Spong.com as a reliable source, but yeah, this could be bad.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:54 pm

I agree. If that quote is real though (described to us as "without question a decisive attempt at a hostile takeover," by one Sega representative), it means the siuation is dire.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:18 pm

Oh shit, I wasn't putting to much attention on this situation... This is bad, Now that I think about it. I remember when microsoft bought Rare. The company that was very close to Nintendo. That company use to make alot of big-hit tittles... Before microsoft bought it, and the Gamecube was on its development. There was many tittles under development. But most of them never got release on the GC. Especially tittles like Banjo Kazooie 3, Donkey Kong Racing, Perfect Dark Zero etc... This tittles got canned! Damn it, I was really looking forward to Donkey Kong racing. (The sequel of Diddy kong racing) But stupid microsoft had to put some heavy cash on the table on Rare. So they can work for them instead... Then that means, Shenmue 3 might get canned! :shock:
OMG! If this would ever happen, I would continuosly email Sammy for the rest of my life! :twisted: (bitching to them)

But the problem with Sega is, that they are in alot of debts.

By the way, what does insidious means..?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Neo-Ryo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:43 pm

well perfect dark zero is comeing to xbox.
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Silas » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:20 am

Intruder: "titles" not "tittles".

"Insidious" really means "sneakily and secretly" or "in a back-stabbing manner". It implies doing secret things for bad reasons. (Note George Lucas repeated his trick of taking "In" off a bad word for the name of one of the Sith ("In-Vader"), and made the Emperor "Darth Sidious".)

I think it's worrying for us Europeans, but less so for the prospects of Shenmue.

In the edition of Edge magazine (the one that included the "Not yet") there was an article about a visit to SEGA-Europe to match the lead story about them going to SoJ headquarters. I no longer have it to hand (having sent it to Les), but I seem to remember reading between the lines that Sega Europe were getting something of the shitty end of the stick. I got the impression that they were not being kept fully informed of developments in Japan and that morale was low. So it's perhaps not surprising that the CEO has decided to go somewhere where he'll be a little more in control and a little more motivated.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:35 pm

I feel so angry and feel like killing someone. Sammy really have me pissed off I hate them so much.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:38 pm

huhhh....Sammy, Sammy, Sammy.... [-X [-(
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm

Ice Warm wrote:S***, guys...this is worrying.
I couldn't of said it better myself, Ice Warm. This is truly looking bad for SEGA... :( :?

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:28 pm

neo-ryo wrote:well perfect dark zero is comeing to xbox.

yeah but i'm talking about the perfect dark zero game that got canned on the Gamecube... It was first under development on the Gamecube.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Return to Shenmue III