Should Shenmue III be on Xbox 2

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Should Shenmue III be on Xbox 2 (Total votes: 25)

Yes
36%
No
64%

Postby Man Mo Something » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:51 am

It's too early for Microsoft to even announce an Xbox 2. They should have shut up about that. The current system has not been maxed out in power, and previous announcements of new systems have always happened when the current system has reached it's peak technically and sales-wise.

It might be OK for Sony to speculate on the PS3, but Xbox 2 is too early.

Oh, and Shenmue 3 belongs on Xbox1.
Man Mo Something
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby code l name » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:18 am

I am kind of torn on the debate whether the game shoud come out on the Xbox or next-generation of consoles. From a practical standpoint, it really depends on how much work they have done on Shenmue III and whether they will be able to cram everything they want in the remaining chapters, for the game to launch on the Xbox this year or by mid 2005 by the latest.

The positives I see, if they haven't done much development is launching the game on a new platform is more development time (And knowing how many chapters remain, they need all the time they can get), also improved power, which would aid the visuals and could really expand the FREE based genre. More excitingly if it was developed ahead of time and ready for launch it would gain a lot of attention as a title that could potentially sell machines.

All speculation on my part, and nothing concrete is known.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:51 am

Would I like it to be on Xbox2, No. Should it be on Xbox2, yes. Reason. They have more time to develop it so they can add all the remaining chapters (if they aren't planning to do so). Better graphics (i know, graphics don't make a game but nice graphics are always welcomed).
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby idrepublix » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:20 pm

anyone who thinks shenmue 3 should eb on the xbox is being blind to the fact that the majority of the xbox userbase ha sno interest in games like shenmue - why else did shenmue 2 bomb at retail on the xbox?

it would do much better to be a cross-platform release on the gamecube and (shudder) ps2, if in this generation.
idrepublix
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Amin » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:11 pm

idrepublix wrote:anyone who thinks shenmue 3 should eb on the xbox is being blind to the fact that the majority of the xbox userbase ha sno interest in games like shenmue - why else did shenmue 2 bomb at retail on the xbox?

it would do much better to be a cross-platform release on the gamecube and (shudder) ps2, if in this generation.

I agree. I dont wanna see it on xbox cos it'll bomb and xbox fans will by the next console so it'll probably fail once again :roll: .
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Silas » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:28 pm

Shenmue always bombs because SEGA don't market it right. Are there plenty of buyers for Halo? For Project Gotham Racing 2? There are. So it isn't the fault of the console.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dreakon » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:43 pm

SONIC-BLUE wrote:No the NEXTBOX was a play on words as a joke and only a idiot like you would think it's the actual name.

To be honest I heard of Xbox Next too. And no I have never seen the NEXTBOX play on words. Bite your tongue before being a bitch next time...okay?
Dreakon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:52 pm

Dreakon wrote:
SONIC-BLUE wrote:No the NEXTBOX was a play on words as a joke and only a idiot like you would think it's the actual name.

To be honest I heard of Xbox Next too. And no I have never seen the NEXTBOX play on words. Bite your tongue before being a bitch next time...okay?

It's a play on words and your defending Congo of all people......funny. :lol:

I have seen both and a Console won't release the name until they release the plans at least and they have not even done that...wait till the Game developers conference this spring when microsoft plans to do.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby DeXTeR » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:35 pm

ı hope not. It was very hard to find xbox in turkey. What if i cant find xbox 2 here?
DeXTeR
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:01 pm

If it HAD to be on xbox 2, I'd hope it wasn't a launch...I know it'd do better for sales, but I wouldn't be able to get a 400 dollar (Im sure itll be at least that much) until the holidays, maybe not even then. And if they're releasing early 2006, it's be Shenmue III-less for months!! But I think that the recent setback for the next xbox to 2006 has eased my worries a bit. I really don't think it'd take that long to make, they have had a little work done from right after Shenmue II, plus its possible theyve been working since october when DR was formed. So I'm sure it'll make during Xbox's time, as long as theyve started already or start very shortly
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:07 pm

Silas wrote:Shenmue always bombs because SEGA don't market it right. Are there plenty of buyers for Halo? For Project Gotham Racing 2? There are. So it isn't the fault of the console.
Thank you Silas! ;)

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue Master » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:45 pm

Thanks Sam2 PS2,
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmue Master » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:52 pm

[quote="SAM2 PS2"]Welcome to the Dojo Forums, Shenmue Master![quote]

Thanks Sam2
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:58 pm

No problem man! :) ;)

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Birty » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:25 pm

It would just be a waste of time if Shenmue III comes out on Xbox 2. I bought an Xbox originally, specifically for Shenmue II, for nothing else (although there are some other good games on it, that was the prime reason). It would mean forking out another 300 quid for an Xbox 2, and (although I can afford it) I won't enjoy doing it, it's like 3 different consoles for 3 different games really.
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III