Will run in 1080p
Fully scaleable screen resolution
PS4 & XBOX ONE - Physical release
Dual control scheme - updated & classic
Both audio dubs - English & Japanese
New user interface
Release - by end of 2018

Steam link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/758330/Shenmue_I__II/

Some screenshots Via IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/14/ ... one-and-pc

John Clarke - Sega Europe Executive Vice President of Publishing

"I'm really excited to be part of this announcement in front of so many Japanese Sega fans. Shenmue represents Segas spirit of challenge, as our number one most requested re-release in the West. We have carefully ported the classic look and feel of the original, in response to the long time fan expectations.
I decided when Shenmue was brought back, i would wear this in celebration. I also decided when Shenmue is brought back, i would have to be with Shenhua.
In Europe, Shenmue was released in 2000, and was an unprecedented title at the time. It was a time when Grand Theft Auto 3 or the Elder Scrolls did not exist. Yokosuka was an unknown world to us in Europe, but that only lent to its exotic charm.
Im in charge of marketing, publishing and sales strategies in Europe. In recent years I've also been in charge of the world wide release of European developed titles, such as Total War. Not only am i excited for the re-release of Shenmue, but i can say there are tonnes of fans worldwide who have been waiting for the re-release of Shenmue, as one of Segas most legendary titles. I think right now, i can hear the applause from around the world."

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE

Postby James Brown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Holy, Adam is such a lucky bastard! That's awesome :D...this is so amazing!

Sega is back!

James Brown has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE

Postby Jibby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Ayyyyyyy
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby James Brown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Listed on steam already - http://store.steampowered.com/app/758330/Shenmue_I__II/

Screenshots showing the new interface -

James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby ShenSun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 pm

That is one sexy cover

ShenSun has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 pm

So chuffed man. Can't explain what happened today, something was just different lol Was class chilling in discord with everyone waiting and trying to guess what the hell was going on!

Looking forward to hearing from Switch as he was at the event! It's actually madness that Sega are doing this, they made a big deal about it, and they got some youtubers involved etc. Cannot wait to see those videos Adam talked about!

I wonder what this means for Shenmue 3 & 4, and if Sega will actually help out with Shenmue 4 now...

Sega Europe are the ones leading the charge on this, cannot wait to see more in the future lol!

My brain is dead, wtf just happened!!!!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Scribe86 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 pm

I cannot believe this.. such amazing news. Seems like Adam K was made well in the loop before the announcement. God him having to contain his excitement knowing this all ahead of time must have been crazy.. I’d have burst. Personally I loved that segment with Sega Europe CEO as it really shows us that SOE was listening and pulling strings behind the scenes. I think that Sega of JPN poll months back also had a baring. Maybe SOE was always on board but SOJ needed more convincing until those poll results came in. Well I’m rambling now... just so hyped!!

Well that’s all three versions purchased Day one for me. Shenmue HD have been saved guys

Scribe86 has received 2 thanks from: SickOctopus, VukBZ2005
Scribe86
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Very excited about the modding capabilities.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby gillian_seed » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Can't sleep because of excitement.

PS: New logo is horrible, but I don't care.

gillian_seed has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Sappharad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 pm

First of all, I'm glad they announced this.

On to the feedback:
1. Why are all of the Shenmue 1 screenshots in 4x3? We've already managed to patch the Dreamcast version to run in 16x9, so why can't they?
2. The voice clip in the trailer is from the Dreamcast original and not the original higher quality recordings present in Sega All Stars racing. While this isn't a big deal, if they have the original 44100hz recordings they should be using them.
3. Not featured in the trailer or hinted at in any way, but I hope they offer the original renderings for the music as an option now that they have room for them. (See Shenmue Online, Shenmue 3 interviews)

The updated watch in the HUD seems to ditch the Timex style. I'm guessing this is intentional and the port will lose some branding.
Last edited by Sappharad on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Mr357
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Sappharad wrote: First of all, I'm glad they announced this.

On to the feedback:
1. Why are all of the Shenmue 1 screenshots in 4x3? We've already managed to patch the Dreamcast version to run in 16x9, so why can't they?
2. The voice clip in the trailer is from the Dreamcast original and not the original higher quality recordings present in Sega All Stars racing. While this isn't a big deal, if they have the original 44100hz recordings they should be using them.

The updated watch in the HUD seems to ditch the Timex style. I'm guessing this is intentional and the port will lose some branding.

It's WIP as stated at the start. I expect these issues to be resolved on release.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sappharad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Jibby wrote:It's WIP as stated at the start. I expect these issues to be resolved on release.

Noted, of course. It's good to bring these up early while they still have time to look into them.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Game translated into:
French, German, Korean, Chinese

Shenmue 1 finally on Xbox:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Saven » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 pm

This has been a very good vacation for me. I moved into my first apartment, made amends with people that I was enemies with for a long time, got a lot of things done, and now Shenmue I & II HD has been announced - taking Sega off of my own personal video game company s*** list they have been on since their unfair stance to Streets of Rage Remake back in April 2011.

Now all I need to do before I go back to work on Monday is to finish Shenmue II on the Dreamcast that I had to stop due to apartment moving. :mrgreen:
Saven
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: SavenForever
XBL: SavenForever
Steam: SavenForever
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Sappharad wrote: First of all, I'm glad they announced this.

On to the feedback:
3. Not featured in the trailer or hinted at in any way, but I hope they offer the original renderings for the music as an option now that they have room for them. (See Shenmue Online, Shenmue 3 interviews)

Is it me or there is no mention about 60fps yet?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Next

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release