Release Date Speculation

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

When will Shenmue 1&2 HD release in 2018? (Total votes: 76)

April - June
9%
July - September
36%
October - December
55%

Release Date Speculation

Postby returnedfate » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 am

When do you think Shenmue 1&2 HD will release now that we finally have a confirmation that it will indeed be put out for purchase by at least the end of 2018. SEGA have not given us an official date and I'm sure the remasters are still being worked on as the trailer implies it's a work in progress (basically not final) so it could be heavily improved upon what we saw there. Personally I see the release being at least a month of two prior to Shenmue 3 which I guess a good bet would be October - December 2018 depending on what Ys Net confirm for Shenmue 3. I guess E3 will tell us.
returnedfate
Banned
Banned

Re: Release Date Speculation

Postby Benwah » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:58 am

I fully expect Shenmue 1 and 2 to be released at the tail end of this year. I have two reasons for this.

1. With them only saying 2018 I think it is going to be more likely to happen at the very end of the year rather than earlier.
2. I honestly think that Shenmue 3 will get pushed back to around March 2019. I’m not sure why, but I just have a feeling.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby redline » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 am

i think they will aim to release the HD before shenmue 3 but being sega., they will probably have the HD game come out after 3 :lol:
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Telekill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:46 am

I'm thinking we'll get it during the fall.

I don't see big releases like Red Dead 2 having an impact on the sales of this HD collection. I've noticed that generally with HD collections that the buyers either already planned to pick it up as soon as it was announced (us), or they'll eventually get it when they get around to it probably just to see what it was about (everyone else).
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Marlec » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am

Benwah wrote: I fully expect Shenmue 1 and 2 to be released at the tail end of this year. I have two reasons for this.

1. With them only saying 2018 I think it is going to be more likely to happen at the very end of the year rather than earlier.
2. I honestly think that Shenmue 3 will get pushed back to around March 2019. I’m not sure why, but I just have a feeling.

Yea i have the same feeling, i cant see Yu releasing 3 at the same time that just wouldnt be right. If Yu thinks its best to delay 3 again then he is right to do so, seeing as were getting 1&2 HD that will soften the blow of having to wait longer.

Marlec has received a thanks from: Elevensixty
Marlec
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Gastarot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:58 am

Ok guys let me tell you simply what will be happen :

December 2018 - Shenmue 1 & 2
December 2019 - Shenmue 3
December 2021 - Shenmue 3 (PS5)
December 2022 - Shenmue 4 (PS5)

Enjoy :!:
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 pm

While I hope it arrives asap I root for a release late in the year. November and December are THE Shenmue months so it just has to come out around that time. Still just want it to be far apart enough from III but I have come to assume and accept a 2019 release date for that for quite some time anyway.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Sega are releasing a Yakuza game 28th August so if we’re getting it in the summer I’d say the beginning of August is the latest we’ll get it. Anything after that and it’s going to have to compete with the big AAA games like Call of Duty, Red Dead 2, Tomb Raider and Spider-man. Sure the fans will still pick it up but you want to also catch people who are walking into GameStop bored in July because they have nothing new to play and not much is coming out.

Looking at what games have release dates the smart choice would be between June-August. If Shenmue III is planning to have a big E3 presence having it come out a week after E3 while people are hyped would be a smart idea.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ShenSun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Right after a Shenmue 3 trailer at E3. The physicals will follow.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: darksniper
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Really, I think it would make the most sense to get it out earlier rather than later. I think Riku Rose is right and that a summer release would make the most sense financially. The latter half of the year is absolutely stacked and dense in terms of big releases. Whilst I don't think big AAA games will stop the game's core audience from picking it up, I do think it would negatively impact the number of impulse purchases. The beginning of August makes sense.

That said, since there's no release date and the trailer was so short (as well as it beginning with a 'work in progress' disclaimer), I suspect it's a way off yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out between September and November. September is best case scenario, but I think November is actually more likely. We'll see though.

As for Shenmue III, I'm somewhat pessimistically guessing that will come out in May or June 2019.

Reprise has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Niowiad » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Shenmue HD - late 2018
Shenmue 3 - mid/late 2019

Just guessing 8-[

Niowiad has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades

Postby khmlight3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 am

I think we will see the collection in the Summer and Shenmue III in December 2018 if Shenmue III does get delayed again I think it will get delayed to March/April 2019.

khmlight3 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
khmlight3

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Gastarot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:40 am

khmlight3 wrote: I think we will see the collection in the Summer and Shenmue III in December 2018 if Shenmue III does get delayed again I think it will get delayed to March/April 2019.

it's depend what we will see at E3 2018, the date realase of Shenmue 3 will be fix this June 2018 in 2 month ! i think it's a great news for everyone to understand that.
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby Yama » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 am

My guess was September-December with Shenmue III to follow sometime second or third quarter 2019.

Yama has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby redline » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm

there is some talk sHD is coming out on september 28, 2018
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"