Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:05 am

^that reminds me, do we have any information on them bringing back the passport features?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Not really worth taking a "the sky is falling!" attitude though is it?

To be clear I'm not accusing anybody of doing that in this thread. So far it's been pretty sensible.

It's a video game. So no the sky is not falling. There is slight concern. Don't be hyperbolic. SEGA should have gone with M2 however as they are excellent and have always done amazing with these collections.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Centrale » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Haruto wrote: SEGA should have gone with M2 however as they are excellent and have always done amazing with these collections.

I believe M2 is currently working on a collection for Switch, so they would not have been available for this. However I will say, personally I haven't encountered any problems with this collection yet.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Haruto wrote:It's a video game. So no the sky is not falling. There is slight concern. Don't be hyperbolic. SEGA should have gone with M2 however as they are excellent and have always done amazing with these collections.

I don't particularly see how I'm being hyperbolic. I'm just cautioning about this issue spiralling out of control, which thankfully so far it hasn't.

As for M2, they do great work but they're a.) busy on the SEGA AGES Switch stuff, and b.) probably not the right developer for a cheap and cheerful compilation anyway. M2 took over 3 years to release the current <30 games in the 3D Classics range, which is fine because they were individual releases (that were compiled later after the fact), but wouldn't be very feasible for SEGA looking to release 50> games at once as a value/nostalgia/impulse buy title.

That's why D3T were effectively only asked to update the current PC collection and move it to consoles.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release