PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Tosh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am

A guy named Olivier, who is apparently the boss of the french department of Koch Media,
said that you should pre order your physical Shenmue HD copy because they wont produce a lot of them.
It seems like they will ship just a very small number of copies to the retail stores.
(I dont know if he just means in France or everywhere)

Tosh has received a thanks from: Telekill
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby alimn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:05 am

It is showing up everywhere in all major areas online. Here are some: https://twitter.com/novinworksplus/status/989150314828779520 Also shared about this Dojo thread over Twitter so more people can visit for more options worldwide.

alimn has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, myshtuff
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 am

Tosh wrote: A guy named Olivier, who is apparently the boss of the french department of Koch Media,
said that you should pre order your physical Shenmue HD copy because they wont produce a lot of them.
It seems like they will ship just a very small number of copies to the retail stores.

Good to note. I was wondering if it would be a limited run.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if I should preorder a PS4 copy at my local Gamestop as well in case there's an issue with the Amazon order.
Last edited by Telekill on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am

Tosh wrote: A guy named Olivier, who is apparently the boss of the french department of Koch Media,

I think this is a very bad decision, they shouldn't limit the amount of physical copies, they are losing money like this. After all this years begging for a re edition, they must not limit it, a lot of people could lose the opportunity to buy it and this could lead to rest succeed to the saga.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:02 pm

I can tell you with absolute certainty as a former manager at GameStop that this game will be scarce outside of pre-orders there.

GameStop never, in my entire almost 10 year stint, ever ordered more than 2 to 3 extra copies of any niche release, particularly those made by ATLUS or NiS during my time.

With their emphasis on Pre-Owned software now enormously high due to encroaching digital distribution, far less new copies of games aside from major releases are allocated to stores.

So if you're not doing Amazon and choose the Stop, reserve it. This is one of those games where they will drastically under-allocate for walk in sales.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:41 am

Quite impressed by these numbers TBH

Is it a renewed interest due to the hype of the S3 Announcement or is the just vocal fanbase ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Well good news for North American Amazon customers. Seems like the planets have aligned and Amazon has added the prime discount to Shenmue 1&2 despite being rereleases which seems to be rare nowadays. http://www.amzn.to/2FdaVyN

GYO6161 has received 2 thanks from: alexh86, Anonymous81
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby celsowm » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:36 am

celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Wolfghosts » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:34 pm

Interesting note, Newegg is listing release date for the HD collection as 6/26/2018 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879257154
Wolfghosts
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Wolfghosts wrote: Interesting note, Newegg is listing release date for the HD collection as 6/26/2018 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879257154

Lets take that release date with a grain of salt until SEGA officially confirms it.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Wolfghosts » Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 am

GYO6161 wrote:
Wolfghosts wrote: Interesting note, Newegg is listing release date for the HD collection as 6/26/2018 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879257154

Lets take that release date with a grain of salt until SEGA officially confirms it.

Of course, after how many years of waiting for 3 the series is synonymous with getting your hopes up, and waiting delays. I'm hoping though its more accurate since its just a port and not an entire remaster, fall is going to be a busy time for games I want an appropriate amount of time to enjoy 1&2 again.
Wolfghosts
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby alexh86 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Interesting note, Newegg is listing release date for the HD collection as 6/26/2018 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6879257154

Just checked that link and it appears that Newegg has entered a new placeholder release date of 12/31/18. Now we can begin the speculation as to whether they put up the real date by mistake and scrambled to take it down OR if they updated their dummy date just to fall in line with other sites.

It's interesting that they are limiting to two copies per customer, that seems to lend credence to the idea that it will be relatively scarce at retail and essentially require a pre-order.

alexh86 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
alexh86

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Telekill » Thu May 03, 2018 10:08 am

Welp... I did it.

I now have two copies of Shenmue HD on preorder. Amazon has been iffy as of late on their preorders so I went ahead and preordered at my local Gamestop as well. Whichever starts heading my direction first will be the one that I pick up.

As a perspective... I've never... ever... preordered the same game from two locations. This is a first for me regardless that I won't be purchasing both.

Telekill has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, Haruto
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Has anyone preordered their copy already?

Postby Cyberman » Fri May 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I certainly did. I ordered it from Amazon.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Re: Has anyone preordered their copy already?

Postby Telekill » Fri May 04, 2018 4:36 pm

I have it preordered for PS4 on Amazon and my local Gamestop in case there is an issue with the Amazon order.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release