Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Postby Domosuke » Fri May 25, 2018 10:35 pm

ShenmueHeart wrote: It honestly makes me sick that people are selling shenmue for hundreds of dollars. I want people to actually play it..

Give me a break.

The game at this point is a cult classic, so that's about right, if physical copies of a remastered port and on demand downloads of the game are gonna be available anyways.

The original copies obviously and clearly hold more value for good reason.

The original Dreamcast copies are golden and even though Shenmue 1 and 2 HD are nice treats, we all know these HD ports are gonna have so many kinks and glitches it's not funny. lol.

Especially being that us Dreamcast guys are just weird and we like what we like. So there.

Shit, the Xbox Original port copy of Shenmue 2 is also a collectable in itself lol.
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby GYO6161 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:39 am

Domosuke wrote:
ShenmueHeart wrote: It honestly makes me sick that people are selling shenmue for hundreds of dollars. I want people to actually play it..

Give me a break.

The game at this point is a cult classic, so that's about right, if physical copies of a remastered port and on demand downloads of the game are gonna be available anyways.

The original copies obviously and clearly hold more value for good reason.

The original Dreamcast copies are golden and even though Shenmue 1 and 2 HD are nice treats, we all know these HD ports are gonna have so many kinks and glitches it's not funny. lol.

Especially being that us Dreamcast guys are just weird and we like what we like. So there.

Shit, the Xbox Original port copy of Shenmue 2 is also a collectable in itself lol.
What makes you think that? So far everything has pointed d3t as being very competent developers that know what they are doing. This is not a Silent Hill HD situation at all from what we have seen. SEGA is hyper aware of the Shenmue fan base and they wouldnt risk hiring a port house that does a shitty glitchy job.
I know some people pointed out some things on the trailer but it clearly says work in progress plus one of the ''issues'' on the trailer (Shenhua's eye position) was confirmed to be already fixed by a d3t developer on this very forum so im sure they are very aware of any of the other ''issues''.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Haruto » Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 am

The Burnout Paradise port is pretty solid as far as I know.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am

Haruto wrote: The Burnout Paradise port is pretty solid as far as I know.

It is. It's been so long since I played that I couldn't really see a huge difference in graphics but the game was just as fun as I remembered it being. I have to say that with all the remasters/ports of last gen games, that I've gotten nearly all of my favorite games from PS3 onto my PS4. It was when I saw that Resident Evil 4,5,6 were coming to PS4 after the Uncharted Collection that I decided to sell the PS3. I combined the two systems into one. The only games I'm missing from my PS3 collection that I care about are Red Dead Redemption and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Ports I've bought this gen:
- Shenmue HD Collection (preordered obviously)
- Uncharted Collection
- Tomb Raider DE (2013 reboot)
- The Last of Us
- Burnout Paradise
- Heavy Rain
- Beyond Two Souls
- Resident Evil 0
- Resident Evil Remake
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X (digital only)
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6

Kind of staggering with how many I've gotten but keeping all my favorites on one platform makes things easy.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Haruto » Sun May 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Not to drift too far off topic but of the ports of older games I've bought.

Okami HD
.hack GU
Ghost Blade HD
Sine Mora EX
Caladrious Blaze
EDF 4.1
DMC HD collection
Dragon's Dogma
Odin Sphere HD
Ys Origin
Journey Collectors Edition
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami

on PS4 and so far with Switch.

Mario Kart 8
Fate/Umbra
Azure Striker Gunvolt

Sorry mods. I will stop being off topic.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby PILMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 am

I am so glad we are getting a digital remastered version for PC. Honestly though i own the original copies, mine are starting to show small signs of disc rot which look like a pin hole where light bleeds through. GD roms were notorious for this due to the type of glue possivly used. At some point, all gd roms will fail and while shenmue II has been available on xbox in digital form, shenmue I was becoming more difficult to obtain. I am glad I will now have am option for a legal copy of shenmue via digital format.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:04 am

RunningBear wrote:
Haruto wrote:
RunningBear wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Jibby wrote:
RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why even live? you're just going to die anyway.

I never said keeping your dreamcast versions was stupid. I own them myself. Im just saying that buying them on ebay for $400 doesn't make sense to me. Just like buying a movie on VHS wouldn't make sense. People always want to take thing's the wrong way :roll: ...

Pretty twisted and narrow minded view there pal. I still have a VCR on my old CRT's I keep for older stuff.
Plenty of reasons to have older versions and formats. Sometimes sentimental and other times preserving. Why should we keep the Roman Coliseum when modern stadiums exist then going off this logic.

Comparing shenmue 2 with the roman coliseum was freaking retarded lol.. A used copy of shenmue 2 with fingerprints and scratches all over it isn't worth $400. I looked around on ebay and half of them have the game disks laying outside the case and the box is all messed up lol.. Of course none of them are selling. I believe it should be more affordable so people can play it... A lot of people don't know about the HD version's and their trying to take advantage of that. I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..

yeah and why should we listen to you? a vincent van gogh sketch sells for millions of dollars. is that crazy? no, market dictates. and you're full of shit anyway since not a single shenmue copy has sold for 400$. not even close.
Last edited by drunkensailor on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 am

if you want to play it then just download an iso and emulate it.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Previous

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release