Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Postby Spaghetti » Sat May 19, 2018 10:03 am

People are sentimental. My original Dreamcast copies have been in a drawer for basically a decade, but I can't see myself ever getting rid of them.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RunningBear » Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm

south carmain wrote:
Jibby wrote:
RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why even live? you're just going to die anyway.

I never said keeping your dreamcast versions was stupid. I own them myself. Im just saying that buying them on ebay for $400 doesn't make sense to me. Just like buying a movie on VHS wouldn't make sense. People always want to take thing's the wrong way :roll: ...
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Haruto » Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 am

RunningBear wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Jibby wrote:
RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never said keeping your dreamcast versions was stupid. I own them myself. Im just saying that buying them on ebay for $400 doesn't make sense to me. Just like buying a movie on VHS wouldn't make sense. People always want to take thing's the wrong way :roll: ...

Pretty twisted and narrow minded view there pal. I still have a VCR on my old CRT's I keep for older stuff.
Plenty of reasons to have older versions and formats. Sometimes sentimental and other times preserving. Why should we keep the Roman Coliseum when modern stadiums exist then going off this logic.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby RunningBear » Sun May 20, 2018 11:25 am

Haruto wrote:
RunningBear wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Jibby wrote:

Pretty twisted and narrow minded view there pal. I still have a VCR on my old CRT's I keep for older stuff.
Plenty of reasons to have older versions and formats. Sometimes sentimental and other times preserving. Why should we keep the Roman Coliseum when modern stadiums exist then going off this logic.

Comparing shenmue 2 with the roman coliseum was freaking retarded lol.. A used copy of shenmue 2 with fingerprints and scratches all over it isn't worth $400. I looked around on ebay and half of them have the game disks laying outside the case and the box is all messed up lol.. Of course none of them are selling. I believe it should be more affordable so people can play it... A lot of people don't know about the HD version's and their trying to take advantage of that. I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Centrale » Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 am

RunningBear wrote: I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..

Oh, shit! We've been found out! :oops:
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RunningBear » Sun May 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Centrale wrote:
RunningBear wrote: I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..

Oh, shit! We've been found out! :oops:

It probably is :lol: ! Why else would people defend a $400 used shenmue game.. im done with this discussion lol.
RunningBear
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Centrale » Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 pm

You can spend $400 now or $1200 in a few years' time. $3600 after that. We've got a Shenmue Dojo retirement village to finance, after all!
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Haruto » Sun May 20, 2018 2:26 pm

RunningBear wrote:
Haruto wrote:
RunningBear wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Jibby wrote:

Comparing shenmue 2 with the roman coliseum was freaking retarded lol.. A used copy of shenmue 2 with fingerprints and scratches all over it isn't worth $400. I looked around on ebay and half of them have the game disks laying outside the case and the box is all messed up lol.. Of course none of them are selling. I believe it should be more affordable so people can play it... A lot of people don't know about the HD version's and their trying to take advantage of that. I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..

Name calling and making assumptions. how nice. I don't sell my games at all. I don't sell any games. Just because somethings old doesn't mean you throw it out.yeah I am going to keep my VHS copies of some stuff. I don't believe in having games cost too much either but you are saying anyone who owns an older version of something is stupid. That's where I take issue.

Haruto has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueHeart » Mon May 21, 2018 1:04 am

It honestly makes me sick that people are selling shenmue for hundreds of dollars. I want people to actually play it..
ShenmueHeart
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Postby GYO6161 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 am

ShenmueHeart wrote: It honestly makes me sick that people are selling shenmue for hundreds of dollars. I want people to actually play it..

Yeah. Pre Shenmue remasters it was tough trying to sell people into the series. Thanks GOD for these remasters.
Suck it ebay scalpers.

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 am

RunningBear wrote:.. im done with this discussion lol.

Thank you. About time you stopped.

Back on topic: Prices for the originals are gonna go down obviously, but the originals will always have some collector's value.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:
RunningBear wrote:.. im done with this discussion lol.

Thank you. About time you stopped.

Back on topic: Prices for the originals are gonna go down obviously, but the originals will always have some collector's value.

I haven't seen these 400 dollar priced shenmue games myself. the only one going close to that is a new DC version of shenmue 2 which are generally expensive for all old school classics. On the European ebay theyre all listed between 50 to 100 euros.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby redline » Mon May 21, 2018 12:47 pm

south carmain wrote: ...On the European ebay theyre all listed between 50 to 100 euros.

makes your wonder why sega (& nintendo) does not start knocking out old, rarer console games again, in their original format.

as there is a demand, i imagine there would be a bit of money to be made.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnjohnbrem » Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 pm

I'll probably try to sell my copies of S1 and S2 (and probably sell my old dreamcast as well, I just bought it so I could replay the saga again). I'm way too poor to be nostalgic :))

If any of you guys live in Lisbon, PM me and I'll sell it cheap-ish
johnjohnbrem
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: PUBG

Postby sand4fish » Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm

I believe prices might go up actually as sellers tend to hike prices up for old games when they are relevant once again. But that doesn't mean it's the sale price buyers are willing to go for (the majority at least), specially when Shenmue games are not even rare to begin with (unless in a mint sealed state). So I take it prices will initially jump up when the HDs are finally released as sellers are trying to capitalize on collectors's hype, for later to cool down once again just like post Kickstarter Shenmue.

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release