DMC [Reboot]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Devil May Cry series

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 am

Kind of, it started as being an april fools jokes, well dark Void Zero did. All because of a remix of Dark voids theme, the actual concept for Dark void wasn't completely new tho. (This all happened because of Seth Killian and again its a shame he's left the company)

but if you prefer a different comparison.

It was actually the people on Capcom's side that decided you should be able to do dumb shit like Kill Leon.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/13/residen ... direction/
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:12 am

Kill Leon,Wife Arms,Fat Mega Man,Edward Dante.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAPCOM! \:D/

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 am

Played it. Its NT's best game, but compared to DMC 3 its Ninja Gaiden 3.

All of the aesthetics are obnoxious.

Gameplay wise they do make it look 60, but thats part of the jankiness of the dropped inputs. This instantly becomes obvious when trying to cancel.

New Dante is that obnoxious guy that hits dislike on a kitten video on youtube and then tells the uploader to kill themselves. If the game were called sothing else, I'd still never be able to get past how annoying he is.

He makes me want to open mouth kiss Kratos.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Tuffty
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Played it. Its NT's best game, but compared to DMC 3 its Ninja Gaiden 3.

All of the aesthetics are obnoxious.

Gameplay wise they do make it look 60, but thats part of the jankiness of the dropped inputs. This instantly becomes obvious when trying to cancel.

New Dante is that obnoxious guy that hits dislike on a kitten video on youtube and then tells the uploader to kill themselves. If the game were called sothing else, I'd still never be able to get past how annoying he is.

He makes me want to open mouth kiss Kratos.

Spot on tho I think the chain hook mechanic is clumsy. Nero was easy. The NG3 comparison is spot on. He just seemed to me like the stereotype asshole pretty boy bad guy in films like Blade or Ghost Rider.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Supposedly the ending has leaked.This may just be total BS from how it sounds. At the same time would not surprise me.
Vergil turns into a Dinosaur Demon who has a time machines powered by childs tears

If true ... :rotflmao:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Nah, it's not true. Whoever started that one must be a Venture Bros. fan.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Never saw it. I just can easily believe it after Wife Arms. I kinda hope it is true :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9217981eA[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 am

Ok, let's face it, the title's gameplay, as seen in the demo, is different than any other Devil May Cry game. The style points aren't really style points, and some users were able to achieve SSS rank in less than 15 seconds on the hardest difficulty. Is this Capcom's fault? Perhaps, but that's why they've released a demo. Now before I go on, I would like to remind you about the definition of a demo. A demo is:

http://imgmr.com/index.php/XBOX-360-New ... o-you.html

I can confirm I did it in the demo as well. I never got a SSS in a regular DMC. S was the highest I got. This demo of DmC it's very easy to do,can just basically hit the same demon with the same a attack a few times and there you go.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 am

So what if Capcom-Unity deleted some posts on their forum? So what if they only retweeted positive comments about the game? What you must remember is; to delete such comments, they had to read them. This means that the developer, as well as the publisher, are well aware of the reactions this new installment has created. Besides, this is a new Dante, a new fresh story, and a whole different game. Its point wasn't to copy the original Devil May Cry games, but to design a completely new and reveamped game that will set new standards for its genre.

I may have not been blinding hating it all this time but that sounds blissfully ignorant. It's also possible they don't care and will release it as is, and if sales are high they'll feel justified in their decision.

I'm waiting for my PS3 to finish its BS before playing the demo.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 am

No one has been blind hating. Legit reasons. Reasons that been said so many times people wither chose to ignore it or just don't care. So not really worth repeating for the millionth time. However can say not one reason was hair color or just because it's a change.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 am

Maybe legit reasons now that the demo has come out and more people had a chance to play a work in progress.

But before? Definitely was judged blindly cause no one played it but already made up their minds about it because it was too different from the older entries. I mean really, all people have been doing was give this thing free advertising it cause I didn't give much of a damn about this reboot until people kept moaning about it for months. To the point where I had to try it.

Now that I finally played the demo, I can see that all these fanboys were full of crap from the very beginning. Biased crap, no less. It plays just fine. What little narrative they presented was pretty alright. The re-imagined characters are not bad. I kinda like "Abercrombie & Fitch" Dante (yes he's a douchebag but in a fun way). I think old Dante is better cause he's the original and has a different style of cool which is more anime based. But i'm not sourgrapes about this newer one.

The only real complaints I have is Dante's VA who still sounds like some random guy they pulled off the street rather than a legit VA, the button scheme for the whips is too confusing to get used to, and that one bit where they played some pretty terrible sounding rock music during one of the fights. But so far, I kinda liked it. Far from the greatest thing ever but nowhere near the hate its been getting. I still have a problem with the political nonsense in the trailers, but in the end i'm definitely renting it once it comes out.

Geesh, if MGS was passed over by another studio for a reboot and they changed Snake into a flamboyant hipster spy who hits on everything with a pair of legs and a heartbeat, makes wisecracks every 10 steps, and smoke crack i'd definitely wouldn't like it but i'd either give it a chance or ignore it. Not dwell on it for months at a time nitpicking every little thing the new developer says or wears. And also the massive rants just let more people like me know about it and end up trying it out, which should be the antithesis of the argument being presented that it shouldn't be supported.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 am

Wrong. Dante is a badly written character from the start. He looked like twilight from the start. He wears aunion jack. He originally looked like Taneem himself and still kinda does. Changing his lore. Ok that's fine. They pandered and gave in for his devil trigger with the old look,but why?. Yet in the demo the devil trigger added NOTHING to the gameplay. It just made it look more stylish. The whole point of devil trigger is lost. Also again the controls are clunky fro the chain. Again why can I get a SSS by doing the same move? If they want a easier game. Fine. They want a hit combo system and a ranking. No problem. But why is it so easy? It's a false style system. VA is awful and why the Fox News & Anon? Why is his dick the size of a baseball bat. Why has he no interesting dialogue other than fuck you? Why is Vergil the end boss as a T rex with a human head with a time machine that runs on tears? The worst writing one can do is make a characters only dialogue is fuck you and nonsense like your mother is a whore and that makes me a real SOB. That's Uwe Boll level of writing. That is straight to DVD pile of shit indy films trying to be cool but really a giant ball of crap. Jesus The Room had better writing than fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you every damn sentence. Last the real concern was if the 4th game was the most acclaimed by critics and the best selling in the series plus capcom expects this to sell less than the 4th. Then what is the point? Don't forget this is the same company who thought Bionic Comanndo where his wife as his arm was a surprise and great writing. The same company that promise a 3rd MML game then begged fans to join the dev room,then asks to buy the demo. Then cans the game and blames it on the fans. They also thought Handing Resident Evil to another poor western dev and bombed. Thought was a good idea to kill Leon. The same company that put out RE6 that has a either it's fun or dear god it's horrible opinions divided fans. They botched the Mega Man remake on IOS,they botched Street Fighter X Tekken locked on disc. Now this Demo the gameplay overall was solid enough but it's so pale compared to DMC before it. It's dumbed down,as mentioned before it's like Ninja Gaiden 3.

Capcom Has no clue. It's not just a single game or franchise. The big picture is they continue to fuck people over and the franchises along with them. Why they are financially fucked,fans have quit on them and everyone of talent has left the company due to how piss poor management is.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 am

He looked like twilight from the start. He wears aunion jack. He originally looked like Taneem himself and still kinda does.

And? I grew to like the design. But I guess this chalks up to personal opinion. And no, there's no way to objectively judge decisions like character designs. You either like 'em, or you don't. Some people way more than others.

Again why can I get a SSS by doing the same move? If they want a easier game. Fine. They want a hit combo system and a ranking. No problem. But why is it so easy? It's a false style system. They pandered and gave in for his devil trigger with the old look,but why?. Yet in the demo the devil trigger added NOTHING to the gameplay. It just made it look more stylish. The whole point of devil trigger is lost.

It's something that needs to be fixed (I didn't really experience it, I just played it the way it was supposed to be played) but other games have the same issues. As for Devil Trigger, I agree it was better implemented in the original game but it didn't break the game for me.

Why has he no interesting dialogue other than fuck you?

If you would've paid attention, you'd notice he has some other clever lines. I liked the succubus line in the boss fight.

Why is his dick the size of a baseball bat. Why has he no interesting dialogue other than fuck you? Why is Vergil the end boss as a T rex with a human head with a time machine that runs on tears? The worst writing one can do is make a characters only dialogue is fuck you and nonsense like your mother is a whore and that makes me a real SOB.

I have no idea what you're talking about in the first half but the second half, I don't recall him spattering a barrage of childish Youtube insults. He does cuss but I don't think it works cause the VA makes it sound pretty awkward. If he would've said "Awww FUCK OFF" with more emotion and a bit of style, it'd definitely work. I mean seriously, Travis Touchdown said similar things in an off-putting kind of way but I ran with it.

That is straight to DVD pile of shit indy films trying to be cool but really a giant ball of crap. Jesus The Room had better writing than fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you every damn sentence

You're playing a completely different game then cause I heard him say it once, maybe twice.

Last the real concern was if the 4th game was the most acclaimed by critics and the best selling in the series plus capcom expects this to sell less than the 4th. Then what is the point? Don't forget this is the same company who thought Bionic Comanndo where his wife as his arm was a surprise and great writing. The same company that promise a 3rd MML game then begged fans to join the dev room,then asks to buy the demo. Then cans the game and blames it on the fans. They also thought Handing Resident Evil to another poor western dev and bombed. Thought was a good idea to kill Leon. The same company that put out RE6 that has a either it's fun or dear god it's horrible opinions divided fans. Capcom Has no clue. It's not just a single game or franchise. The big picture is they continue to fuck people over and the franchises along with them.

All this says to me is that you're judging the game by the company as a whole, with all its recent decisions (which have been very crappy lately), and not on its own. I don't factor the previous games into this. Though if I can, I think DmC so far is more playable than DMC2 which was a complete abomination in the series. I'll probably get the DMC collection at some point though just to play 1 and 3.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:24 am

The last boss of DmC has been apparently leaked by a game tester and he is a t rex with a time machine that runs on kids tears.

Also no it's not/ Just the past is often a good indicator of the future. Based on what he have known and learned and played. It's history repeating itself once again.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming