DMC [Reboot]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Devil May Cry series

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm

You're alittle late WRC, most of the media has been supportive of the new game.

Looks like NT is making changes based on the demo

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/30/ni ... -feedback/

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: You're alittle late WRC, most of the media has been supportive of the new game.

Looks like NT is making changes based on the demo

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/30/ni ... -feedback/

Saw this and he is mostly correct

I took this comment from destructoid....

Reviewers will be able to call this game out for the shit that it is after defending it for so long, some to the point where it seems they are being paid off. There are numerous videos already breaking down the demos gameplay and why it is broken, or just plain not good. The shoddy framerate during cutscenes,

the presentation, the horrendous writing, the awkward controls that don't always work, the lack of a lock on and thus a lose in quite a bit of control, the overpowered scythe, the slow, but also overpowered axe,

the fact that the guns are all but useless now, the broken and seemingly meaningless platforming, the ability to get a triple S rank within two or three attacks, the parry being absolutely useless and the list can really go on. Personally, I could see where it could be enjoyable, but by no means would I consider this a good game, especially when comparing it to the much deeper, more responive, and better presented Devil May Crys 1,3, and 4.

Also, when you are comparing this to the better action games that are already out there and cheaper, or the even better ones coming out, that are also cheaper(anarchy reigns already looks better and has been well received in japan), why would anyone ever opt to spend $64.19 on this downgrade other then being a mindless Ninja Theory fan boy.

Also, if you need any further proof check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?N...
This man is able to break down the DmC demo to the tee.

Now mind you I get that this is still a demo, that maybe they will balance the weapons and make the enemies actually attack you in the final version, but even then it wouldn't make this game worth the investment.

They have made the game more casual in every sense, and I hate to see one of my favorite IP's go that direction, as do many others. I'd hate to see the game succeed due to a few high strung journalist giving the game a 8-9 simply because they were paid off, or to proud to admit they were wrong(and yes, ultimately these people and websites do affect a games sales greatly) and then watch future games follow this ones formula of sub par gameplay.

There is more then enough evidence in the demo alone to show that this is not a DMC game, rather, it's a cheap knock off using the name. At this point though, I'm pretty sure Devil May Cry is dead... if the game does well we'll get DmC2, if it doesn't Capcom will blame the fans and put the IP on the shelves. It's a rough spot we're in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 am

Played the demo again and it's still pretty hard to get used to the whip system when fighting. Turns out the shoulder buttons also bring out the other weapons, but doing combos is too complicated.

If they're fixing anything, I really hope it's that. But I doubt they'll do anything about it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUfp7LvxNwU[/youtube]

The PC version of Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry reboot is due on 25th January in Europe, Capcom has announced. This follows the PS3 and Xbox 360 version by a scant 10 days.

Developed by QLOC S.A., the PC version will include full AMD support and feature both AMD Eyefinity multi display technology and AMD CrossFire technology, so players can utilise the power of multiple graphics cards to drastically increase the game's performance.

“DmC Devil May Cry's performance on AMD is amazing, it pumps our already incredible visuals and effects to the next level, making it an even more immersive and intense experience," said Senior Capcom Producer Alex Jones.

The PC version will be compatible with both keyboard and mouse, an Xbox 360 gamepad, and third party controllers. Players with high end kits can enjoy the game with 60+ frames per second with no maximum limitation.

The system requirements are as follows:

Minimum:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 Ghz or better
Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3850 or better
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better
DirectX: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 3 Ghz or better
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 or better
DirectX: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... te-january
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

http://cramgaming.com/dmc-devil-may-cry ... fans-4622/

Old people sex scene. Get a S ranking for it. :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Fans need to realize that if they cannibalize a game too much and sales bomb, the series they so vehemently love might just disappear entirely. What then? Sure, fans have a right to moan about a game, and perhaps developers take things on board, but there’s a fine line between offering constructive criticism and moaning about the most trivial of things in the loudest of voices.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

But that argument just kind of calls to point the fact that the reboot wasn't really necessary.

If "sales" was the reason then why is that when 4 brought the series to its series high they decided "this has to change"

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 pm

4 was the best selling inthe series. Capcom projected the reboot will sell less than 4 so yet again. What's the point then
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:54 pm

^ Funny you should mention that as I got the latest GamesTM magazine today with a preview on the game. It had this to say at the end:

"What was very clear was they [Capcom] didn't want to make DMC5." Antioniades closes. "They didn't want to make something that looked like the previous four. They wanted a new entry point into the series with a different perspective which is why they came to us."

To me that sex scene neither shocks or offends, even though it looks like it's trying to.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 pm

To me its not like "Hao kuld dey do dat" but its just kind of meh, like I saw a gif where Dante was naked and there was nothing but pizza covering his crotch.

Its funny, the first thing NT did was criticize DMC, but they've gone out of their way to say "see this is the same" and have thrown in some really juvenile jokes. I'm almost expecting to see a two girls one cup reference.

It just seems like every time i try to find something that will get me to play the game, they show something that just turns me off.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Tuffty
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Its funny, the first thing NT did was criticize DMC, but they've gone out of their way to say "see this is the same" and have thrown in some really juvenile jokes. I'm almost expecting to see a two girls one cup reference..

Don't joke, that could happen.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Tuffty wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Its funny, the first thing NT did was criticize DMC, but they've gone out of their way to say "see this is the same" and have thrown in some really juvenile jokes. I'm almost expecting to see a two girls one cup reference..

Don't joke, that could happen.

Kind of hope it does. Unless that makes it sell more then I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 am

Ryudo wrote: http://cramgaming.com/dmc-devil-may-cry ... fans-4622/

Old people sex scene. Get a S ranking for it. :???:

I'm sure you know that scene takes place after the boss battle from the demo and the rating part is simply an end of level rating not end of cut scene but they of course i also know that gets in the way of you hating on the game every chance you get.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 am

Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"