Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uEVzknxE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eTHJijJb6c[/youtube]

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Ryudo wrote: Ziggler is a poor mans Mr Perfect

Ryudo wrote: Ziggler is a piss poor clone of Curt Hennig.

Ryudo wrote: Zigglers gimmick is not much different than Curt's was. Just he sucks.

Holy smokes, change the record already.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Who Really Cares?, Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Mocha Joe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Ryudo wrote: Zigglers gimmick is not much different than Curt's was. Just he sucks. No one on the roster is any good. Kane I love the guy but he is old and his gimmick long since ruined. Rock is the only one that has anything to offer but he is only temp. WWE is god awful. Talent sucks the writing sucks the product overall is pure crap. Dont care how hard they are pushed how hard they work. Just because a limbless man crawls by his chin up hill does not mean he can win a race.

I think you're being unfair on the current generation, TBH.

I stopped watching wrestling at about the time Brock Lesnar's initial run was winding down, and I've only gotten into it again over the past year or so. I'm not much of a fan of it (although The Shield at TLC was great), as I really only started watching it again because my younger sister started watching it and it is something I can relate to with her.

However, I can't deny that there's some great in-ring talent on the roster. Daniel Bryan, Punk, Ziggler (he IS good!), Cesaro, Del Rio, Tyson Kidd, Barrett, Orton, Sheamus, even Mysterio still plus plenty of others are great performers in the ring.

I do agree that the creative team are bad, though. I had hope for The Shield storyline, but it is dragging at the moment. And they're obviously sadist's by giving The Great Khali airtime every week...
Mocha Joe
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Ziggler is a poor mans Mr Perfect

Ryudo wrote: Ziggler is a piss poor clone of Curt Hennig.

Ryudo wrote: Zigglers gimmick is not much different than Curt's was. Just he sucks.

Holy smokes, change the record already.

Sure when it stops being true
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 pm

The fat kid has a point, It was kind of lame for Punk to drop the belt after a peoples elbow. He should have at least kicked out, then got the rock bottom and been pinned. I mean that move is generally the icing on the cake of the rock bottom. Make's punk look bad after reigning for so long.

and Ziggler is very close to Kurt Hennig, but he is probably the hardest worker there. He takes bumps like only Shawn Michaels used to. He just needs a decent finisher, that zigzag is lame as hell.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:04 am

He has a new finisher. When the Zig-Zag fails, he now busts out a superkick.

(I can hear the 'ZOMG he stoled HBKz move he suxxorz!!!' already.)

I haven't gone back and read the whole thread, but based on just the last few pages Ryudo sounds like the worst kind of smark that I thought had died out years ago once self-awareness set in.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

Did you just make up a word? Dude I still watch every week. Just that with pretty much no competition and going PG the product has gone stale. It has it's moments which is why I watch besides Glenn. I'm not some hardcore fan or anything. I never bought merch or DVD's or anything. Just a strong opinionated person on anything. Just who I am. No need off fake words meant as insults. Tonight was a pretty fun show to me. Do like Lesner came back.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am

Ryudo wrote: Glenn

Exhibit A.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 am

Smark is an actual term used in pro-rassilin' talk.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:35 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Glenn

Exhibit A.

The fuck are you even talking about?

Anyway looked through this topic and all the WWE vids are pulled. WWE must have cleaned house on youtube.

@Yoko I don't know these terms in "pro-rasslin" To me it's guilty pleasure dumb fun. Anyone who knows me I just have general knowledge of a few things and just have strong opinions about anything. Not claiming anything. There are just people like me who always have a strong opinion about anything and others like sweaty boy who like to throw labels at people to help them feel better in a debate.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 am

A smark is a "A fan who is aware of and interested in the backstage and non-scripted aspects of wrestling." Basically knowing more than the casual wwe viewer, knowing all the interesting history backstage, and its politics, wrestlers actual names, discussing reasons for and opinion on storylines n etc. You calling Kane Glenn, instead of Kane is what smarks would say. That's why James said exhibit A :lol:
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: A smark is a "A fan who is aware of and interested in the backstage and non-scripted aspects of wrestling." Basically knowing more than the casual wwe viewer, knowing all the interesting history backstage, and its politics, wrestlers actual names, discussing reasons for and opinion on storylines n etc. You calling Kane Glenn, instead of Kane is what smarks would say. That's why James said exhibit A :lol:

I just like to know things. I grew up learning what was going on behind the scene sin films and stage. Then did stage hand work. Built my own haunted houses and idolized Rick Baker and Stan Winston. So I still love how SPFX are done the behind the scenes and loved in gaming to see the actual development and getting the details. I took electronics apart as a kid to see how they worked. I just have a general curiosity for how things work. Also I never really take an interest in a celeb's life. Just someone showed me one day a video on him talking as himself on politics. He just seems like a cool guy. I don;t see what's wrong calling someone by their name. People don't call Harrison Ford Indiana Jones. Just a character not the person. In character yeah he is Indiana or Kane. Mask off and camera's off they are a person. Tho as a kid I called my dad Mozart as he played Mozart's dad in a play when I was 3 and just have memories of it. People call actors by thier actual names and WWE guys are basically actors/stuntmen putting on a show. Stage,film or ring it's a performance by an actor. I did not know it was so forbidden among elitist fans to call an actor by their name. Forgive me sir for I have sinned. I broke some rule among the elite fans. Gee golly. Maybe I will just call Patrick Stewart Captain Picard from now on.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 am

John Cenas promo was cringe worthy.Completely shitting on world heavyweight title and Del Rio and his overcome the odds blah blah blah.Anyone with a brain would've been able to figure out who he was going to pick.Yet he kept dragging it on and on trying to get the crowd behind his back only to get boos.

Jericho,Lesnar,Heyman,Vince,Punk and Rock saved the show.
Last edited by Samanosuke Akechi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:56 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: John Cenas dumb promo was cringe worth.Completely shitting on world heavyweight title and Del Rio and his overcome the odds blah blah blah.Anyone with a brain would've been able to figure out who he was going to pick.Yet he kept dragging it on and on trying to get the crowd behind his back only to get boos.

Cons
John Cenas promo
Tensai dancing
Cenas fruity pebbles deal
Pointless diva match

Jericho,Lesnar,Heyman,Vince,Punk and Rock saved the show.

Give Jericho a real title shot. Don't care against who or when. He needs it IMO. Also hope he does his older character "Please shut the hell up" Tho most likely be his heel best there is thing and after a month go away again. Shame
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 am

There's nothing wrong with being a smark, in and of itself. It's a natural consequence of the business becoming less guarded. A smark, or smart mark, is any fan who knows that wrestlers aren't really trying to maim each other.

However there is a special, skin crawling type of smark who feels the need to demonstrate their knowledge at every incongruous opportunity, as if to prove how enlightened they are lest anyone think otherwise.

Calling wrestlers by their real names is not the same as doing it for actors, unless you were to call Vin Diesel "Mark." It's like calling Elton John "Reg" and expecting anyone to not think you're a tit. These aren't the names they're promoted under, they're not the names you're invited to know them by. The poster for Royal Rumble didn't carry the line "Starring RYAN REEVES as RYBACK." So using these names when any normal person would just call them Kane or Undertaker just makes you sound like a know-it-all smark.

I fully accept that you may not be conscious of it, which is why I've taken the time to explain in the hope that it helps you find the balance that most other smarks settled upon sometime last decade. If you don't want to sound like a cliched geek, heed my advice. Otherwise carry on as you are and accept the mockery you'll get for it.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic