the paranormal/surreal thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

the paranormal/surreal thread

Postby south carmain » Sun May 19, 2013 2:18 am

this post gave me an interesting Idea
Nagakura wrote: Well... hello~
Im new, Im known by many names everywhere so people cant find me. :twisted:
Anyway, if you believe in the paranormal and want someone to talk to about it let me know. I'll believe you when others dont because I've experienced the paranormal since I was a child :)
If you must know.... :oops:

share your experiences that seem out of the ordinary, you don't have to say you believe in ghosts or anything just weird things that you have experienced that you can't really explain.

I'll start:
when I was 15 I was visiting auschwitz with my class and decided to take a video. when we viewed the video after we could see sorts of gas forms moving around in it which was weird considering there was nothing that could have caused that when filming. my phone also broke a few hours later even though it had shown absolutely no previous problems.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: the paranormal/surreal thread

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun May 19, 2013 2:27 am

My great grandpa died in the very spot I'm sitting typing this.

He was a mean spirited prick to most people, but he really liked me. I always felt pretty safe in this room I'd imagine thats him looking over me. Most people can't stand being in this room because they get uneasy.

Every so often something weird happens like a broom standing upside down, my tools (he was an engineer) sitting on my workbench after i put them away, or a gust of wind. I feel like he's always been here.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 19, 2013 5:49 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: My great grandpa died in the very spot I'm sitting typing this.

He was a mean spirited prick to most people, but he really liked me. I always felt pretty safe in this room I'd imagine thats him looking over me. Most people can't stand being in this room because they get uneasy.

Every so often something weird happens like a broom standing upside down, my tools (he was an engineer) sitting on my workbench after i put them away, or a gust of wind. I feel like he's always been here.

I don't think it's your Grand dad scaring people but the crack whore in the bathroom
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun May 19, 2013 6:44 am

When I was at school a mate of mine had a house that showed signs of Poltergeist-ish goings on. At first it was stuff that could be easily explained rationally, like bangs that would ring through the house when we were the only ones in the house at the time (...but it was an old house, so structural creaking and/or plumbing making noises were rational explanations) and stuff falling off shelves (the shelves there had shit tons of stuff on though, so random small things falling off didn't seem that huge a deal). The thing that convinced me something "wasn't normal" was present was when his mum, him and I were stood at the edge of the kitchen near the door, about to turn and go out, and the pans that were sitting on the hob flew off and landed in front of the wall at the other end of the room. I actually saw this as it happened though, which immediately scared me. Quite a lot of force went into the initial lunge off the hob as well, it accelerated quickly.

Weirdly though, when we tried using an Ouija board there, not much happened...

The presence that Segata talks about, my mum and dad's house had a very eerie feeling kitchen and bathroom. If the sink or bath was full of water, sometimes ripples would appear at random. Not simple ripples from the tap letting go of a droplet, more like something had been scythed through it moving horizontally for a short moment. I remember as a kid at bath times stuff floating in the bath like bottles or toy boats or whatever would sometimes push themselves to the edge of the bath, not alarmingly fast or intimidating, but a definite noticeable shift. Other weird stuff happens around the sink in the kitchen as well sometimes, like stuff falling off the hooks there...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 am

There's a rational explanation for everything. Having said that, I reckon I'm the wrong type of person to get involved in this topic, so from here on out I'll kindly STFU n GTFO.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:07 pm

I have seen auras, spirit orbs, ghosts, demons, poltergeist, whatever you want to call them. they used to try to fuck with me back when I was very afraid, like so afraid they draw right to you. They would watch me from outside, inside my room, other parts of house, keep in mind there was a old school cemetary right beside that house I used to live in. I would hear voices, random banter like people talking at a party. It got to a point instead of cowering in a corner when they were around, that I eventually confronted the bastards and approached these demons/poltergeist/whatever the fuck they were and said "fuck with me". Never heard a peep from them again after that, was never scared after that either.

I have a recent story, that was kind of intense, so im sitting here playing star craft one night, and I start feeling an eerie presence. im like whatever, I guess whatever it was wanted my attention, all of a sudden my mouse hand clinches up and gets tight and im having trouble moving it and its like its squeezing and finally I put all my strength into moving it and get it going and keep playing my game like normal. There are 2 doors I have to walk through to get from my room to outside, the door in my room was cracked and the one to outside was closed. I look over and see the door from my room open ever so slightly and slowly move back and forth slightly again, im like ok this getting weird but whatever, probably just some wandering lost spirit thats bored, I go back to playing my game again. Bout 10 seconds after that I hear a loud slam in the room that goes outside, I jump up close my door all the way and look outside and the door that was shut is all the way open but there is nothing there. And yet again, I was like whatever, and just went back to playing (which I guess doing that pissed it off so it left lol) and nothing happened after that.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun May 19, 2013 6:30 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: There's a rational explanation for everything. Having said that, I reckon I'm the wrong type of person to get involved in this topic, so from here on out I'll kindly STFU n GTFO.

I've seen things, but I'm positive they were all hallucinations brought on by extreme insomnia. An angelic like being in a window, shoe-laces turning into spiders, a screen repairing itself.

That's all I'll say because, MiTT'z said, it's best for me to STFU and GTFO, as I don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sailors? » Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, is this a thread for the insane or what? Coz there's things that you think you can't explain but probably can and then there's the shit that AG is saying. Insomnia makes you hear, see weird shit, definitely.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I saw it, it was real to me. *shrug*

As far as if I believe in all that shit? Idk, im not sure exactly what I saw, or why. All I know is what the figures resembled. I just take experiences like that with a grain of salt at this point, I dont really know what it is or the cause. I have had a few encounters with paranormal, I dont really sweat it anymore.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm

^ But you shouldn't shrug it off, I'm not saying it's not real to you, but if you're seeing weird figures and hearing strange noises on a constant basis then why not find out what's going on? Instead of saying "lol, them ghosts eh" why are you not wondering why these things are occurring?
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I saw it, it was real to me. *shrug*

As far as if I believe in all that shit? Idk, im not sure exactly what I saw, or why. All I know is what the figures resembled. I just take experiences like that with a grain of salt at this point, I dont really know what it is or the cause. I have had a few encounters with paranormal, I dont really sweat it anymore.

All the drugs you do it's no wonder you see shit. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Um excuse me, but I dont really do alot of drugs. I smoke weed, thats about it. I have never really done hallucinogens, and I dont plan to, because of those things that happened in the past, but they happened 8 or 9 years ago and I havent experienced them since, nor before that period of time. I cant explain what made it happen, I was drinking alot of coffee at the time? Maybe I was having some weird side effect to all that caffeine? Thats my best guess.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Um excuse me, but I dont really do alot of drugs. I smoke weed, thats about it. I have never really done hallucinogens, and I dont plan to, because of those things that happened in the past, but they happened 8 or 9 years ago and I havent experienced them since, nor before that period of time. I cant explain what made it happen, I was drinking alot of coffee at the time? Maybe I was having some weird side effect to all that caffeine? Thats my best guess.

It's called teasing
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:14 pm

tickle me ryudo. :-o
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Nagakura » Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am

Wow, never thought this was made because of me.
I've had a handful of experiences but I'll share some of it.

When I was a kid, I was with my sister in the living room. I looked up at the window certain and there was a floating head of a woman looking down at me. Time after that, I saw a arm at the same place too. You'd have to be at least 11-12ft tall to have your head go up to that high. A bit later, I was in my parent's room at night. A mirror was on the floor at an angle. When I looked at it a woman can be seen looking at me then moved out of view. Sometime later, at night my toys would move on their own when we lived there at the same house. From what I could tell a family lives there now and I wonder if they have had any experiences. Im thinking of asking them one day if I get the chance.
Nagakura
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Next

Return to Off Topic