XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 pm

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: A Shenmue III announcement at E3 would be the only way to redeem the Xbox One from the Reveal show. Or a Plethora of Dreamcast games. I mean access to every Dreamcast game ever made.

Dont seal the fate of shenmue to never succeed by wishing it upon this steaming pile of a console. :no:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Thu May 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Ryudo wrote: ^ GT6 is PS3 not PS4

Just seen that. Feel a bit let down now.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm

LawXiu wrote:
Ryudo wrote: ^ GT6 is PS3 not PS4

Just seen that. Feel a bit let down now.

Don't fret as GTA4 on PS2 looked pretty amazing and since PS3 is in it's last year they will push the system to it's best.

The Last of us is a good sign of what they can push it to.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote: I can't really take that post seriously, WRC.

Also, maybe Microsoft shouldn't charge thousands of dollars to patch a game, and then there wouldn't be so many god damn bugs, hmm?

The fee is too high but Sony has/had it as well.

Phil Harrison mentioned it in an interview cause Indie devs are upset that the indie section is being removed but he simply said indie devs can still self publish those games only now instead of a Games, XBLA and Indie section they simply have a Games tab.[but he has gotten a few things wrong so that may be one of them]

MS gave an indie section and no one gave a shit about most of the games. Why? Sadly because most are angry bird rip offs or lame avatar games.
So yeah indie devs moaned the indie section was hidden[its not] on XBox 360 and now they are moaning MS are not signalling them out as Indie but simply as games.

But again its another a mountain out of a molehill by people when MS have not even officially announced anything in this regard. The guy interviewed even said they would continue to work with devs and look at other models.

No WRC you're wholly wrong and Microsoft shouldn't be defended at all in this case. You have no idea whats going on and you keep trying to shit on indies because you don't seem to understand exactly what an indie game is.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, ShenmueTree
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Rakim » Thu May 23, 2013 6:25 pm

phpBB [video]

Cool video noting the positive features while everyone is obsessed with the negatives. The note he made about kinect heart rate detection and horror games got me a bit excited thinking about the possibilities.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:

No WRC you're wholly wrong and Microsoft shouldn't be defended at all in this case. You have no idea whats going on and you keep trying to shit on indies because you don't seem to understand exactly what an indie game is.

Dan Adelman early on for 360 was responsible for MS having success with indies then he defected to Nintendo and now they are indie friendly. It's part of a larger picture. Everyone that made Xbox and Xbox 360 have now long since left. Over the years it was obvious as MS talked less about games and more about ESPN or Facebook and Kinect.
At one point MS was showing how cool it was to share a coke ad with friends using kinect...fucking seriously?

MS was left with suits who have no idea. MS hires Phill Harrison but Phil did not help PS3 early on but hurt it. Sony wised up Ken left got rid of Phil,got new marketing. Now the PR face of PS4 isn't JT or a Actor from an ad but Industry vet Cerny.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu May 23, 2013 7:40 pm

phpBB [video]

You really want all this to be watching you all the time, Rakim? And don't give me the bullshit about it being disabled via the software, you know anyone who is determined is going to figure out how to enable it. It's fucking creepy, and it can see you in the full dark.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

This argument over indies is pretty standard. Reminds me of many a Hip-Hop discussion. Namely, mainstreamists vs backpackers. Both make decent points, but both display signs of ignorance, extreme bias, and induce severe facepalm syndrome.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: [video]Kinect[/video]

You really want all this to be watching you all the time, Rakim? And don't give me the bullshit about it being disabled via the software, you know anyone who is determined is going to figure out how to enable it. It's fucking creepy, and it can see you in the full dark.

Unless I see some benefits from it which so far I haven't seen I'm just going to put some tape over the mic (so it doesn't accidentally pick up me saying something like turn on) and push it behind my cabinet with the wires. I could have had a Kinect plugged into my 360 for the 6 years and not known about it had I done that so I don't see the issue other then it raises the price.

As for the indie stuff I don't know about all the politics but I've enjoyed many more indie games on my 360 then I have PS3.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Rakim » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
phpBB [video]

Its only "all the time" and "creepy" if you're tethered to the TV. I watch that a total of 0 hours so its no big deal to me. If you can't deal with it while you're gaming don't get an Xbox or turn the camera facing the other direction. Its not the end of the world.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Which is why Sony and Nintendo are courting them while Microsft is basically shutting them out.

First off saying "you have to use XNA" is a problem first because not everyone wants to use a C# api and 2nd because they stopped supporting it.

Second great stuff like Wizorb and Escape goat never got noticed because they were tucked away in the IG label which did have a ton of bullshit.

Third; Bastion, Trials, Joe Danger, Fez, Scott Pilgrim vs the world, shadow complex, skullgirls, dishwasher dead samurai, Castle crashers, shank. mark of the ninja, limbo, minecraft, braid, super meat boy and trials are all indie games. They didn't have big budgets and there wasn't more then 20 people working on any of these games. They were published by bigger studios because of backwards policies but most found more success on pc because they didn't have a publisher eating up their profits.

There plenty of bullshit to come from indies, but shitting on the community is going to inevitably going to lose you some really amazing games. We're alredy seeing this as Splunky jumps ship and Hotline Miami hits PS3.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Yama
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Operating system
The device will run three operating systems: Xbox OS, an OS based on the Windows kernel, and another OS that will allow the other two operating systems to communicate by virtualisation (as a hypervisor). Such integration will include features like snapped Skype calls while in game.[28]
The Windows edition on the Xbox will not be compatible with standard Windows apps, though developers will be able to port them over with little effort

Does that mean it's open to virus writers?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:00 pm

I haven't really being following all this malarkey, but I do find it pretty hilarious hows it's been re-christened the "xbone". How on earth did MS not see that "one" coming? har har har

Nothing else I've heard sounds even remotely appealing though. It pretty much sounds like MS finally releasing the device to "own your living room" so to speak, the kind of device they've wanted to release for years, but are now releasing years too late. I just can't imagine the xbone appealing to gamers, but I can't see it appealing to those wanting a non-geeky entertainment centre either. It feels neither here nor there, and terribly outdated.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Theres always this argument

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JamesSil ... ersial.php

but it never touches on stuff like costs, or actual development. it kind of comes off as "Well we're taken care of so everything is fine"

but with MonoGame branching into PSM and both Nintendo and Sony allowing more tools like Cocos2d and Unity on their platform while an indie game MUST be compiled in an api thats not supported then why bother? Theres tons of XNA tools, but a lot of them are becoming Unity or Mono tools. Plus if the publisher/developer relationship stays the same, we're still looking at publishers abusing developers because thats whats happening now.

“The Stranger’s Dream DLC will be available for 80 Microsoft Points ($1) on XBLA, which we can’t make free due to Microsoft policy, so it’s about as close as we could get,” said the company. “Though, since you’ll be getting a good chunk of new content, we think you’ll be satisfied with your purchase.”

http://www.giantbomb.com/bastion/3030-3 ... 60-527842/

The whole thing is really disappointing to me because I was super into XNA back in the day and looked forward to Microsoft's ability to open up games. They totally did, I was so happy with so much of the XBLA stuff but I just don't see this as a good deal anymore, and I'm not the only one. I'd like for them to improve, I'd shit bricks if they replaced XNA 4 with Monogame and just say "Hey anything compiled through it can be on XBLA" or opened up to unity or other middleware makes like Ivan Safarin.

This isn't exactly a great position to be in while Sony and Nintendo allow people to self publish. (and even then have Quality controls and curation)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 23, 2013 10:56 pm

I have 99 problems and XBOX isn't ONE of them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming