Fire Emblem

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Fire Emblem

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I popped Fire Emblem in 3DS just to break it in ...I was an hour in when I realized. I thought I had only started a couple minutes before. Well I took it out as I still have to finish DQIX but I can already tell it's going to be one of those games like DQIX. Segata is a bad influence on me. Ys,Dragon Quest and now Fire Emblem. How much more of my life do you want to suck out?

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Calshot » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:07 pm

I don't think it's just your life he wants to suck out.

Calshot has received 3 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Bluecast, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Calshot, I literally was going to post that same exact post word for word, but decided not to. Creepy. :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:50 pm

8-4: Speaking of doing something different, we have to ask a question a lot of the fans are wondering — what happened with the feet? (laughs)

Kusakihara: (Laughs) Well, they're there...they're just...omitted a little bit. The idea was to add a unique sort of deformation to the characters. As for why it ended up like this... At the start of the project, we weren't entirely sure how many bones and joints we'd be able to use in each character model. As it is now, there's a joint at the knees, and then there's nothing below that for the ankles and the feet. This makes it a bit easier to apply animation to models as well. We found out afterward that, with the 3DS, we had more than enough CPU strength available to flesh out the models a bit, add real ankles and so on. We were like "Well, if there's a next time, maybe there'll be more ankles..." (laughs)

We thought we could make it something that would work well with the characters, but now I'm not so sure. (laughs) So it's hard to give a real reason for it, but...well, I think it's kind of cute, though! (laughs) Isn't it? They look like they're wearing high heels. Aren't high heels the big fashion these days?

8-4: Did you get any feedback about this from Japanese players as well?

Kusakihara: Yeah, some people focused on the feet a lot. (laughs) I think if this was a game that involved people kicking and such, we would have put in real ankles. Instead, you're using handheld weapons for the most part, so we figured we could sort of omit some of the detail down there...

Yokota: We did get feedback about that in the playtesting sessions, but by that point it was like "Well, we can't do much about that now." (laughs)

Kusakihara: A lot of people seemed really preoccupied with the feet... Ah, well. (laughs)

Glad I could find an answer of some sort. It actually bugs me a lot. Still enjoy the game but man it wierds me out.4
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:17 pm

8-4 are my dudes, we always have a drink when we're able.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: 8-4 are my dudes, we always have a drink when we're able.

I got that quote from Kotaku and It just now hit me 8-4 is the last level in SMB. Damn I'm slow
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 pm

8-4 does a lot of localization, they're kind of unsung heroes when it comes to bringing over RPGs. I didn't know that was the last level of Mario lol.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm

I suck at strategy but really loving the game. I am of course on easy mode. So far doing just fine. I am really not used to a game like this and I have this RPG mindset with my party which is hard to shake. I also did fine in the PXZ demo so maybe I am ok at these kind of games or I have false hope from something set on very easy. Either way I am glad this is the game that got the west sold on the series. Nintendo almost stopped making them but sales have been great. They really need to announce a Wii U version and using the gamepad for strategy would be great. Imagine FEA with the horsepower of Wii U in HD...oops now Segata has to change his pants..sorry about that.
Lastly I love how the card has 8 bit sprites as the artwork.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm

are you starting to piece together a style?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Ryudo wrote: I suck at strategy but really loving the game. I am of course on easy mode. So far doing just fine. I am really not used to a game like this and I have this RPG mindset with my party which is hard to shake. I also did fine in the PXZ demo so maybe I am ok at these kind of games or I have false hope from something set on very easy. Either way I am glad this is the game that got the west sold on the series. Nintendo almost stopped making them but sales have been great. They really need to announce a Wii U version and using the gamepad for strategy would be great. Imagine FEA with the horsepower of Wii U in HD...oops now Segata has to change his pants..sorry about that.
Lastly I love how the card has 8 bit sprites as the artwork.

I'm surprised a FE game has an easy mode. I really could have used that in part 1 and Sacred Stones. FE games tend to get close to impossible at the end. And it's also not until the end of them that you find out that you made error that prevents you from ever beating the last bosses.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Sacred Stones basically is an easy mode lol

But yea I'm assuming you keep falling into beginners traps. Don't worry Joka, I fell into them too. If you ever want to give the series another shot I posted a kind of general tutorial a few pages back that helps you avoid stuff like being trapped in Cog of Destiny.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I tried first person view while in the the hospital today waiting for my mom and wow it just proved again why I can't handle FP games with a few exceptions. I get motion sickness,dizzy and anxiety goes up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 pm

is she feeling alittle better?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Yeah she is fine was just a follow up since taking some new meds
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Its good to hear. I hope she stays strong.

To keep a bit on topid, I wonder if Index being investigated will have an impact on SMT X FE. Also wonder what will happen if Nintendo or Sony were to make a bid for Atrlus if Index folds.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming