Dredd 2

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Dredd 2

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/9759/d ... equel.html

They are talking about seriously making one. I hope it happens. The movie was surprisingly great.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, silent killer
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Dredd 2

Postby silent killer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Yes. Yes. Yes. Fuck yes. This shit needs to happen. And no more shitty 3D. That shit killed the movie last time around.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I'll definitely watch it if they do. The movie was good for the most part, could've been better in some parts but whatever. But it was better than the slightly overrated The Raid which it got compared to frequently.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bambi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 am

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 am

I don't care if the resident Bathards flame me for this. Karl Urban for the new Batman.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 am

Not flaming or anything, I just never really understood his appeal. It seems like he has his own little dorky fanbase, but the guy honestly only has about as much on-screen charisma as Sam Worthington. That is to say, not very much at all. He's a square jaw to stick into action roles. I haven't seen Dredd yet, but it hardly seems like the kind of role that no one else could have played.

If it were about ten years ago I'd be saying Thomas Jane for Batman, but I guess that's a little unrealistic at this point. He could probably still pull it off, I just don't imagine the execs would be too keen on a 40-something year old Batman.

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:47 am

That's kind of the deal. Dredd isn't exactly Mr Charisma to begin with. If he goes somewhere, he's there to get shit done an get out. He's a hardass cop err... judge. So having a guy with even less charisma play him fits splendidly. That's where Stallone failed in his version of Dredd. When I watch that movie, I'm watching a Stallone movie, not a Dredd movie. Those are my two cents at least.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 am

OL wrote: Not flaming or anything, I just never really understood his appeal. It seems like he has his own little dorky fanbase, but the guy honestly only has about as much on-screen charisma as Sam Worthington. That is to say, not very much at all. He's a square jaw to stick into action roles. I haven't seen Dredd yet, but it hardly seems like the kind of role that no one else could have played.

If it were about ten years ago I'd be saying Thomas Jane for Batman, but I guess that's a little unrealistic at this point. He could probably still pull it off, I just don't imagine the execs would be too keen on a 40-something year old Batman.

Agreed on both points. Never been a Judge Dredd fan myself and I thought the trailers for the first one looked abysmal. I'd fucking love Jane as Batman, he'd just naturally have the voice, look everything down and the guy can act. A 40 something Batman isn't that unrealistic anyway.

Well, unless they do an origin story again, which I hope they don't.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 am

OL wrote: Not flaming or anything, I just never really understood his appeal. It seems like he has his own little dorky fanbase, but the guy honestly only has about as much on-screen charisma as Sam Worthington. That is to say, not very much at all. He's a square jaw to stick into action roles. I haven't seen Dredd yet, but it hardly seems like the kind of role that no one else could have played.

The guy has a wide range of acting ability. From Bones Mcoy on the new Star Trek to Cupid on Xena to Dredd. He can have charisma,comedy,serious. He is quite good and has a broad range of roles he can play. I'm not part of any fanbase of his. He just would be a good fit for a slightly older Batman.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

^Oh God no. Urban's okay, but for Batman? No thanks.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I don't see him as Barman either but I bet he would he better than Bale anyway.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 pm

^^I was actually just thinking about it last night, and I think the Dark Knight trilogy is really one of the only Batman renditions where I just found Batman himself to be a total bore, while everything else was entertaining and enjoyable for me. And I think a big part of that was down to Bale being so completely "blah" in the role.

As for Dredd, I still want to see the first, despite whatever I said about Urban. Looked like it had some fun action and whatnot, and I've always kind of liked the Dredd universe anyway.
I'm trying to think of the right wording to say it, but it's always felt to me like it's in the same general vein of bleak, brawny, dystopian future stories as something like the Warhammer 40k franchise (though obviously not as far-flung as that), which adds a special kind of appeal to it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Put it to you this way. Trailers make the film look crap. I rarely like gritty stuff but this film was amazing.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Great film and I wouldn't agree with the comment about the trailer making it look crap. Told you exactly what you was getting and after all the negative bits of news when it was getting made it was surprisingly to see it turned out so well.

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Great film and I wouldn't agree with the comment about the trailer making it look crap. Told you exactly what you was getting

In that case then, no thanks.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Off Topic