Grand Theft Auto V

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 am

Fan asks Steven Ogg to curse at him. :lol:

0:30

phpBB [video]
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Game of the gen for me.

Love Trevor[but that opening scene in the desert pissed me off at first] and Michael, And Franklin while I don't hate the guys just sort of in the background for me. Hell even during the missions with all 3 it feels like R* gave him the support role.

Ending spoiler

Knew the game would give us the chance to kill Trevor cause he was seen as one of the games main bad guys but seriously no way I would kill him or Michael so its always option C for me.
Wonder how many would have killed Franklin given the chance as it seems he is the least liked player?

Also I watched the other 2 endings on youtube and they had that GTA IV bleak ending so again no reason for me to pick them.

Waited before going online cause I knew it would have issues but what Ive played has been fun. Made my characters parents Misty and Claude 8)

One complaint would be it doesn't have enough of some of the stuff. Like Rampage, racing, Hitman Missions[would have also been good to have one or 2 hits that used the multiple characters]
And it would have been nice for a more story structure to the property side stuff like they have with VC.

One thing I don't see how R* will be able to go back to just 1 playable protagonist in the future cause this has worked so damn well. 1 player might feel like a big step back to many.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Trevor started to annoy the crap out of me when he started getting so whiny about Michael. "I mourned you!" Christ, he must have said that about three or four times, and it was already whiny the first time.
I don't really see how anyone could actually like him. Especially after his last scene with Floyd. I mean... what was the point of that? It didn't lead to anything else... so why was that shit even necessary?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Trevor for me is the only interesting main character in GTA V and possibly the best in the series just behind Claude.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:17 pm

But Claud wasn't even a character... he's an avatar for the player.
But eh, can't say I think GTA has had many great characters to begin with. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say Michael. I liked the family dynamic and thought it lead to some fun situations.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:24 pm

OL wrote: Trevor started to annoy the crap out of me when he started getting so whiny about Michael. "I mourned you!" Christ, he must have said that about three or four times, and it was already whiny the first time.
I don't really see how anyone could actually like him. Especially after his last scene with Floyd. I mean... what was the point of that? It didn't lead to anything else... so why was that shit even necessary?

I liked the fact that after all that once you completed the game he sort of just says yeah I sort of over reacted and actually understand why you did what you did and then ends it with Brad was a dick anyways

The last scene with Floyd
was I think just to once again show how unstable he is? I mean he goes from trying to wind up Debra, Then it sounds at one point like he is going to stick up for Floyd when she mentions another man to losing it when they both grab weapons.

And again as I said he was one of the games possible antagonists so maybe it was to try and once again show how nasty he can be?

And yeah I liked having a character with a Family as well. Bought something fresh just wish you had more interaction with them.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't have a clear favorite but what surprised me was that I didn't find Trevor as menacing as expected. Many outbursts felt comical somehow lacking an undefinable calm evil underneath. So I think that I found Michael the slightly better character in the end with the family dynamic and so on. Considering Franklin
they could have shown much more about the conflict between the hood, the people he knew and moving up. It felt a bit unresolved to me.

ys has received a thanks from: Axm
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:58 am

Kenny wrote: I'm at one of the missions where you need to buy masks.

And one of the ones I bought was a Monkey mask. And the game...gave the mask...to Franklin. I mean...what the hell? :lol:

Would just like to point out that the reason it gave him the monkey mask is because you bought it for him ;-)

When buying them it says at the bottom of the screen Buy mask for Franklin, Buy mask for Mich.. and so on.
So yeah it wasn't the game :-"
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 am

Oh really? I must've missed it then. I thought it was random.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Nah you pick what they wear.

Franklins VA let slip he has been doing some work with CJ's but claimed its not GTA related. Also word that Niko will be coming to SA.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

I finished the story a few days ago, love the game. But looking at the Beach Bum Pack DLC due on the 19th, they'd struggle to make me download it for free, let alone pay for it. (Edit: I've just read that it's free.) I'd much rather they spend their time creating more interiors for some of the many buildings we can't enter.

When the game was first announced they talked about the map being smaller than (I think) Red Dead Redemption when measured end-to-end, but bigger when counting all the internal locations. Having played the game I now struggle to imagine how the grand sum of these interiors could have made much difference to those comparisons. It's a spectacular map but there are a lot fewer enterable buildings than I'd been led to expect, and even some of the buildings you can briefly enter during a mission can then never be entered again (Tequi-la-la being a particularly puzzling example, as opposed to some others where you can at least see the logic).

So yeah, that's what I want from future DLC, before bothering with more race/parachuting routes or different types of speedboat.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:50 am

I really wanted to kill Trevor in the end. I hated that character. He was shallow and at his funniest, he's just awkward and cringe worthy. I decided to let him live though for the sake of getting a measly trophy out of him because I didn't finish some of his side quests.
All three characters were pretty shallow though. The least being Micheal but even after him taking most of the screen time for story, the dialogue was so poorly written that it just made him the most shiny turd of the three. Franklyn was just ok. But for me the best character in the game was Lamar. Dude was actually funny. Id play a whole game just featuring him with a more fleshed out back story in gang banging and drug dealing.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:07 pm

I already sold the game, but will rebuy the cheaper and note plentiful GOTY edition when it comes out in a year or so.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

I'm keeping my copy and plan to replay it doing the heists the other way. Going to finish off the collectables first.

Will also most likely buy the rumoured next gen version.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:40 am

I hate you all.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III