Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Guess if some people are doing it it's all good in the hood.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:12 pm

AXM you sound brain washed saying shit like that, trying act like its morally ok because its the status quo. Corporate America makes me wanna shoot myself in the face with their dirty and cheap parlor tricks.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Re-read my post and look into what im actually saying. I'm pointing out the current condition of marketing and corruption on a larger scale. Its not my point that just because others are doing it that makes it ok, its that in comparrison to other companies and in politics way WORSE things being gotten away with in America are happening without anyone being sued and to be suprised about this (excuse me for lack of a better term) is ignorant.

In comparrison to a fake twitter campaign thats been seen many times before by many companies trying to market a product, we have other multinational corporations funneling money under the table influencing world politics, TV and society as a whole. Where are our priorities?
I just think its dumb. I dont think gorilla marketing is good, its just nothing new and nothing im suprised about and when you put it into perspective compared to what else is out there its childs play.

The only reason I responded to you about it AG is that you now think Sony is evil or something and that this is a reason to not buy their stuff anymore or something to that effect. Well with that same logic you might aswell stop shopping at WalMart, Target or anywhere else. Stop voting, stop watching TV, viewing anything with ads or listen to anyone being payed by anything. Then move to Cuba and play baseball with a tree branch.

I'm just stating things as they are and I dont think you'd disagree. Im just coming at it from the perspective of it being just another day in a capatalist country. Microsoft would ellIcit the same response from me aswell.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:07 am

I mean, its all part of the same bigger problem, it happens in the entertainment industry, it happens in politics, it happens in schools and other government agencies, its all part of the same thing. You can prioritize it how ever you want but its all still there under the same banner, sure maybe politics and the government side of it is more significant, but thats not what we were talking about, we were discussing video game industry and in a larger sense the entertainment industry, and sony more specifically, so im not sure why you brought all that up because it really has little significance to the specific topics that were in the link I posted. Its all good though, you just seem to have a mis guided perspective on this matter in my eyes, but its ok.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:19 am

:lol:
How very patronizing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:18 pm

haha, I still love him, no worries. and dont fret axm, im not boycotting sony or gonna stop buying their stuff (I never meant that in the first place), infact you should check out the recent purchases topic ;-) Even if they did do some shady business, they still make good products, its just but better when they are a great all around company.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:14 pm

For some reason I'm unable to get excited about anything gaming related anymore. I'm not sure if it's me who has grown tired of it altogether or gaming in general that is much less exciting than it once was.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 am

south carmain wrote: For some reason I'm unable to get excited about anything gaming related anymore. I'm not sure if it's me who has grown tired of it altogether or gaming in general that is much less exciting than it once was.

I feel the same. There isn't a single game I'm interested in buying at the moment..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
south carmain wrote: For some reason I'm unable to get excited about anything gaming related anymore. I'm not sure if it's me who has grown tired of it altogether or gaming in general that is much less exciting than it once was.

I feel the same. There isn't a single game I'm interested in buying at the moment..

I ...third that. The last interesting games I've played since 2005 was the first three Ace Attorney games (hence my avatar; and became my second favourite series only after the Shenmue series).

However, those games got released from 2001 to 2004. Therefore, (my subjective sense says that) I don't think it's because we are getting old, but because not new interesting/innovative/diversive games are made anymore (there are some few bright exceptions, though). Otherwise, the old game that is Ace Attorney wouldn't have impressed me nowadays.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:34 pm

No old games that interest you guys at all?

Sony are teasing something for their 20th Anniversary for PlayStation:

phpBB [video]

Translation:

"20 years. It's a lot of time. Look around you and see everything you have achieved. You have reigned on infinite places, you have conquered and freed, you have built and destroyed. You have been the light before the darkness. However, this time is different. This time, it is real. For the first time your actions have real consequences. They need your help. I know you can hear them (Children laughter). The power to change things is in your hands."

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/sony-hold-pl ... p6eHwKl.99

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=910034

Event takes place on December 6th.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: No old games that interest you guys at all?

No, I'm generally out of love with gaming as a hobby. Even cut down on websites I visit..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Pretty much the same as ryan. When I'm bored I'll pick up a game but after a few hours it just gets boring and i no longer want to invest any time in to it. Latest example would be xenoblade where after 10 hours of questing i just got bored of it and the story just isnt appealing to me at all.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:48 pm

im not interested in it much anymore, but im still pretty die hard about what little I am. Gaming has lost much of its charm, maybe its just that we are getting older and our tastes are changing, maybe many of us have just gotten bored with it. There are certain experiences that still just cant be looked over though. Alot of things I see look good or look decent, I just simply dont wanna shell out the money for them or they dont look good enough to warrant a purchase, I more or less stick to my main genres RPGs and the like. and every now and then there are others that look really awesome that I want to check out, like The Evil Within (still havent gotten that yet though but want to). Gaming has gone on the back burner for me, but that doesnt mean I wont lock myself to the controller at every chance I get when the right game comes out.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah i cant bring myself to spending more than 10£ (around 15$) on a game these days either. If i spend any more than that i usually get the feeling i wasted my money once ive played for a bit. That might have something to do with there not really being any developers i feel like supporting these days though.

Also most of the games i did get excited about in the past are either dead in the west, dormant, lack of updates or getting shitty sequals which is probably another reason for my lack of interest in gaming.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Oppy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Oppy has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, Sonikku, south carmain
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming